Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Left very Frustrated after that race.

Well done to Rotor on your Second win in a row(which is a first I think for someone other then Warrior since I started Rooz), and Warrior for making it very difficult to achieve it.

well done to Beau as well for a proper 4th place and Div 1 B win.

Qualifying went very poor as I binned my first lap and then had to set my best time on the second lap with a bit too much wear that I would want and was 2 tenths down on Pole.

The start went well and was right behind rotor and warrior. Then Rotor started making a few errors and warrior made a bit of a gap and this is when I was able to get past, I then went all out on reeling in Warrior, after a few laps I was very close and then he made a error on the 2nd last corner and I made a pass into the last corner. Problem was my line was compromised and Warrior was able to get ahead on the straight, I was then staying with him trying to create another opportunity for the next time we go on the straight and I went a bit to fast and nudged the wall on the last corner which allowed Rotor to get past. After that I thought of saving my tyres to make it a 14 lap stint and dropped a few seconds back only for my tyres to go off anyway so I went for a pit on lap 13 and rotor did as well nearly missing the entry, this is where I screwed my race as I went in at full speed and got spawned way behind rotor and then got a 10 second penalty after my stop. Didn't realise you get penalty here and that ruined my race.

After that I was about 15 seconds behind Rotor and Warrior and then had to get past Alfa who was a bit ahead, my first few laps on the hards where quite difficult as there was much less rear grip then when I was on the softs but the fronts had more grip then what I had at the end of the soft stint so it was easier to turn in.

Once I got settled in I reeled in Alfa and went for an overtake on the main straight where we went into the kink side by side, I thought he was going to let off as I had the optimum line going in but he didn't and he smacked the wall and got behind, after that it was a very uneventful race till the finish.

Very frustrated with the result overall and was banking on a win.

Looking forward to Spa as we are back to more familiar territory, ill note the pit stop this time and aim for the win to get back into the championship.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I didn't see you until i was almost exiting the corner, im on :):):):)ty tyres after working the cars ass of to get it to there, battling for position, you come through expecting to get a free pass, i was committed to a corner well before i knew you were there and i understeered into you and you got a tap that didn't affect your race
  3. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    ROFL... watch the reply mate, I was well in-front of you and your noise of your car was at my rear quarter. I don't expect a free pass. You could see you turned into me... And you did it last week as well. Same thing, you can actually see you turning in... o_O I'm just saying it seems you ALWAYS do this on purpose....
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Mate I don't hit anyone on purpose, if i was going to hit you i would make sure you spun, plus i had my screen pausing every 3 seconds which cause some of my steering inputs to not register
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    First off, Warrior and R0T0R, if you could please stop planning these tight finishes that would be great!! Unreal its happened two weeks on the trot! Well done to both of you on another dominating performance, and also Mustafur!
    Qualifying for me went perfect, nailing pole for the Prime Tyre drivers with a 1:37:9, not sure how i managed that under pressure, but was ultra pleased :D
    Into Turn 1 i took a cautious approach as i knew this opening sector could end a race then and there, but Mister_opportunistic_Bond took advantage and stormed up the inside! Thankfully i managed to get past before the corner exit but Bond had definatley stated his claim for this race!! For the next few laps it was getting into a rythem and pulling away from the other hard tyre runners, until fastboy was miles faster than anyone else on the primes and got past, but then his progress sort of stalled, allowing me to slipstream him for the next few laps and find some tenths over Bond who was slowly bringing the TLR colours to the bumper of the BHR car! I knew i had too attack Fastboy soon and a little mistake for me was all i needed as me and fastboy spent the next half lap fighting. My attempts were unsuccesful but after the battle i realized something..... battling slows us down..... :oops:
    So with another TLR car in the mix, i was left in a TLR sandwhich and going into the pits i was Second behind Bond until his car decided it wanted to enter the pits one last time and teleported him a sizeable gap behind me! Unfortuanatley Bond and Fastboy both got held in the pits and allowed me to make some easy moves with the added soft rubber on Razor and Nick. So i was fifth with a few laps left and leading D1B! Soon Dan had his issues and i found myself P4 :D
    Cruising across the line to steal some payback on Silverstone and with an even better result, oh how sweet it was!! Thanks Bond and Fastboy for the battling, and thanks to stu for choosing Tokyo where its impossible to track extend :D Looking forward to Bathurst 12hrs this weekend, so @Mister_Bond_747 looks like we are both going into Spa blind, i believe tied on D1B points!!! Shaping up to be an amazing season, lets hope this epic racing continues :) #RaceEditOutSaturday
  6. Benjamin J Smith

It was good battle i just push the absolute :):):):) out of the hards, to get up to that point then realised i was pushing to hard and had to slow the wear down on the front right
  7. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    To have such as close finish 2 weeks in a row is incredible. Congrats rotor, your defensive driving is superb. I don't think I've found a way to pass you yet in any race, there just has to be a way. Hardluck to mustafur, you would have been right there as well.

A really close qualifying only had me sitting in 3rd after 2 laps with Rotor setting an impressive benchmark. On my 3rd lap I was 0.05 up at sector 1, and then only 0.001 up at sector 2 with one corner to go, and just held on at the line for pole.

Race started well, over the first five laps I was able to build a small gap to rotor, until mustafur found a way past (how did you do that:eek:) and was now closing fast. On lap 7 it was down to 0.5, and at the 2nd last corner I took to much kerb sending me into the outside wall which gave mus a chance to pass down the inside. Because of his shallower entry, I had the bettter exit and was able to pass straight back into turn 1.

Eyes forward once more trying to build a gap, but both mus and rotor were keeping me within a second. By lap 12 rotor had moved into 2nd and was still less than a second back, I didn't know if my tyres were in better shape since I couln't shake them, but early on the next lap I could see the gap increasing and they both came in. I just made it to 14 and coming back out I knew it would close. I could clearly see that bright yellow car closing fast, I decided to stay more to the left giving the outside but looking at rotor's pov I was a bit naughty with my positioning.

1st laps on hards were real sketchy, very loose. Rotor was all over my bumper and I made another error clipping the wall through fast right/left gifting the place. It was only then that I realised mustafur was no where to be seen. Next lap was really interesting, catching up to the lead hard runners, Fastboy, Beau and Mister Bond were all over the road out of tyres. They soon pitted and I 14 laps to try and catch rotor.

Then out of no where, Dan comes charging past, I assumed he was on softs again. Now jono comes out of the pits, I'm still driving poorly and clip the wall again, Jono goes past and crashes spectacularly into the wall, luckily I just sneak by. Now its 12 laps to go, 2 seconds behind rotor and I'm now back into a good rhythm and slowing begin shrinking the gap over 8 laps.

Lap 28, I'm back on rotor's bumper and there's no way past, Lap 29 still nothing, lap 30 still nothing. Final lap and I think I have a chance, we're side by side crossing the line however I'm on the outside, I try to hold the out side at 1 but can't, I'm trying to apply maximum pressure but there's just no break in the defense. I manage to get a better exit from the 2nd last corner but half to move to the right, I have a chance though, with a better exit I can do it. I do get a better exit and pull to the left gaining, gainging but just no enough as we cross the line.

I'm getting closer, maybe next week.​
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So what is happening here with penalties for using softs twice?
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Having seen the replay, I think it was lag because on my replay he didn't touch you.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Alfa has been moved back to 9th.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I thought it was disqualification?!?
    When I broke the tyre rules in the McLaren at Spa I was not classified in the results.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Dan' s penalty has no effect because of his DSC
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    where did you see that? have I missed something?
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm confused, yeah I know Dan DSC'd but I thought Alfa used two sets of softs...? Unless it was a replay glitch, I don't know.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    He did use two sets of softs, the Div 1 room captains have applied a drive through.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Right... Ok then.
  17. Alfa5252

Alfa5252 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Alfa5252
    Yeah my fault i used 2 sets of softs, never saw the rule, saw it straight after the race tho:(
    JonoStan96 and emmo46 like this.
  18. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Final Results. @emmo46 @Hatfield

1st. R0T0R-AU86 - 51:16.274
    2nd. warrior2167 + 0.048
    3rd. Mustafur + 16.477
    4th. BeauAlbert6 + 31.524
    5th. Mister_Bond_747 + 41.508
    6th. PRINGLES_947 + 45.255
    7th. alfa5252 + 56.552
    8th. razor4797 + 1:00.895
    9th. aussie_nicko + 1:04.470
    10th fastboysmith + 1:11.922
    11th t_b_williams + 1:15.162
    12th N64TheStig007 + 1 lap
    13th TRL_holl01 - DNF (Lap 27)

* 20 seconds added to alfa5252 for using a 2nd set of softs
    * 15 seconds added to fastboysmith for using a medium set
    * 2 point penalty to TRL_holl01 for using second set of softs

Fastest Lap: aussie_nicko 1:34.727

Remember guys. Only 1 Set of Softs each race.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Do you get a drive through penalty if you pit the immediate lap for the other compound?

Or does it apply if you stay on them for several laps.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I think if the same thing happens at Spa there has to be a more harsh penalty. If not a DSQ like I suffered, at least a big time penalty. With the gap in pace, and the somewhat low level of wear, 2 soft stints plus a drive through would still give you the win comfortably if you make no errors.