Division 1 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Psssssst Stu! You might win....:whistling::whistling:
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no chance
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Perhaps so, but it's not always about being at the front. I need to be having fun too and right now iRacing is leaps and bounds ahead in enjoyment terms. Sorry Stu.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :(
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
  6. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Famous last words
  7. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Can't win = won't play hey beau?
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Considering i have scored every possible point available this season, and i am changing to a platform where i will have my ass handed to me every single race by the very best in Australian Sim Racing, no, no it's not because i can't win; smartass.
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thanks mate for all your help in my short time here good luck on iRacing
    stucar17, AOCleaner74 and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  11. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Just so we're all clear...last night in quali as some of you might have heard I mentioned I'd lost my engine sound. In the race this hurt me a lot as I spent to much of the lap checking out my dash and hud trying to figure out when to change gear and also didn't have any audio clues as to when I was losing grip with the track....as a result I spun a lot. Topping things of I was getting thrown out of the game to the main PS screen (something I'd been dealing with for a couple of days). So I decided to retire from the race, save the possibility of crashing into a leader as I got lapped. Went and got a drink watched a quick video came back to my PlayStation and I was no longer in the race....so it wasn't a rage quit... :( :( :(
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL DRIVERS.

Guys, i have to make a comment on what appears to be a growing trend in our community, and to be honest, it worries me.

Over the last month we have collated the PRE-EXISTING rules that our community had run by over the last 5 or 6 years. We had run by these rules in 13 seasons of GT5, 12 seasons of GT6 and now 6 seasons of PCARS and AC.

That collation included making a few adjustments, as well as implementing the stewards group. This was supposed to make things easier for everyone to understand, and easier for us, as a community, and mod team, to get things sorted quickly and efficiently.

It was NEVER intended to become a way for people to make petty protests, taking up the time of guys on the stewards group.

Rules are rules, i get it......but i have to say i have never protested against someone for a trivial matter, that has NO EFFECT on the race result of me or those i am racing against.

This community has thrived over the last few years, driven by a large number of people looking for the same thing.....clean and competitive racing. The majority of us didn't get involved to look through hours of footage to see if someone 'might' have exceeded track limits a couple of times, 30 seconds up the road !

Its this simple guys.....Everyone is expected to race clean. Being 'racers' we all know what is expected of us on the track.

The rules are there for all to see, in their 'newly collated' glory ! Are they perfect...nope, but show me a race series in the world where after an incident the organizers and racers all get in for a group hug.

I am going to make this request once only.
    Before you protest, and ultimately take up the time of people who have other real life commitments, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF, is my protest for a genuine "RACE CHANGING" incident or is it being pedantic, for something that has no bearing on any driver or race results ?

As a mod team, we can't win. On the one hand we are accused of bias, and not being 'professional' enough. On the other hand, we are accused of being too heavy handed in dishing out penalties for 'a game'.

I will uphold your right to protest BAD DRIVING every day of the week. As i have always said, every driver here has the right to drive knowing that those around them will do the best they can to race cleanly. I will also uphold the mod team's right to make decisions in the best interest of the community, without bias or favour.

This is what we (ROOZ) strive for, and we will continue to do so.

Please take a deep breath and reflect on what you want out of ROOZ, and more importantly, how can you contribute to a great community. If your contribution is 'just' to race in the way you are expected then that's ok.......If you want to do more, then even better.

If you don't want to work with the systems used for a combined 30+ seasons and 5 years, then drivers are more than welcome to find what they want elsewhere.

With so many drivers and sponsors we must be doing something right.

Now get on with it.
    Stu
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROOM HOSTS, PLEASE NOTE DAMAGE OFF !

R6 : 19th March - IMOLA ENDURO - 44 LAPS -
    24 Hr Cycle - Race start 10am - 7/6/17

TIme progression X15
    Damage - OFF (so drivers dont lose their headlights for the night stint if they have an incident)
    Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Light Cloud
    3. Fog
    4. Clear
    Wear - Real
    Fuel - Slow
    Compulsory pit stop - YES

Ok guys, 44 laps of imola for the enduro will be a tough gig. Did a race distance last night so some general info for all
    - Fuel. you should NOT have to put fuel in. I finished with over 9L last night which is 4.5 laps worth.
    - Tyres. I stopped at 22 laps and changed tires, my worst was at 80%. Make of that what you will :ninja:
    - Time change - It gets dark around lap 13 or 14 and was dark till about lap 35, so its 50/50 or close to. I found only a few laps (at dusk and dawn) that i lost a few of my brake markers on the road. Middle of the night was fine, but i would suggest you do some night runs to not only get used to the dark, but also the lower grip with the lower track temp.
    [​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There are track cut penalties here everywhere ! NOTABLY at turns 2,3,4,5 and 6. The Exit of 9 where the car gets light and you can run wide, and turn 12. There are also substantial run off areas before you get pinged. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.
    NOTE : The main corner of note will be 15, the exit of the Variante chicane..Drivers ARE PERMITTED to run over the green (syn grass) part of the exit. Be warned though, there is a penalty there if you go too wide.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance in the dark at the chicanes.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, when a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 6 and 7. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted from last week's wet round, and make the decision of wanting to take tires or not . We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the sierra one (even default).

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of turn 19 (rivaza) for a clean entry into pit lane.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line is tricky, as following all the way almost runs you off the road. Please stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once through the first chicane then all should be good to resume racing.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    CTRacing and SPL Racing like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Geez a fight shaping up for p3
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    how the hell am i up there ?
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Favouritism?? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

**Too far?**o_O
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    and he hasnt even cashed the chq yet !:roflmao::roflmao:
    Zachery likes this.
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    #StuForSecondPlace
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: yeah right ...... not possible