Division 1 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

after your Verstapenesque defending maneuver into t6 i wasn't going near your fat ass!
    thx for the well wishes tho Rhino, 1 win from 2 starts is as good as my average is ever going to get
    Spidey_11 and dj2ca like this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

That race was insane! 1 minute I'm in 2nd, next I'm back in about 5th after a spin, then back up to 2nd thanks to other people spinning.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Perhaps a taste of what is to come next week, some very close racing with @stucar17 with a ridiculous drift/save at the end.
    Anthonyb, Zachery, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  4. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yeah I may take a liberty or two in my defending ;)
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    PROVISIONAL results from Round 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    dj2ca likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, what a race !

Have to say that its the first time i can remember racing a car where we dont really know the result till we get over the line at the finish.....and i love that ! Looking at the fastest laps, and the last lap times, its clear there is a real shake up of results based on wear and tire strategies. Hope it continues !

My race was a mixed bag to say the least ..... i Qualied on the 4th row in 7th, with a 24:1, and pretty close to what time i thought i would run....i didnt get any laps with draft, so could possibly have been a little higher but row 2 at absolute best.

I got a solid start and from what i could see 'most' got through clean into the T2 hairpin.....from there it was a blur of cars passing, blocking and looking for an advantage......by the end of lap 1 i had slotted into P7 (i think) until @Kart-No-1 has a clench moment at T1 and spun in front of me ... it looked something like this.......
    [​IMG]

Anyway, after i bulldozed him for about 2 seconds and the field had got passed i waited as i thought my night was over and wanted to race someone.......we went at it for about 3 laps till he ran wide at 2 and gave me a sling shot up the straight.....there were guys in front fighting so i just got me head down and was closing the gap pretty quick.....

by the time the pit stops had shaken out i was about 8th and had a rampant @mikeruntbike closing in after a spin somewhere....i must have blinked because buggered if i can work out where i passed him ! I was going to let him passed as has clearly faster than me, buggered he managed to drop it at turn 1 which gave me a 10 second break again, so i had to close on the guys in front by myself....

The run home for the last 10 laps is all a bit of a blur, somehow i ended up with @Coojak3009 and @RHINO11 about 3 seconds up the road fighting with (i think) @v8power383 and on the 31st lap they both ran wide at the hairpin which gave me a run up into 5th, with V8 now 3 seconds up the road......i had closed to about 2 seconds going into the last lap and made about .3 in both the 1st and second sectors, only to have have him spin at turn 13, just 3 corners from home.....bad luck mate, couldnt believe my eyes !

In hindsight i may have got to @Slambobagan for 3rd if i hadn't stopped and waited for kart, but it is what it is ! Some great racing, and this race proves again that even after falling back to last, you can still get back in the fight.....

Huge congrats to @nigegunz for the win....and to benny and slambo for the podium.... good job.

Oh, and @RHINO11 , pretty sure i finished ahead of you AND had a faster lap !

On to Saikitto for the sprint round......Judging by the few races we did last night there should be another cracker.....
    Spidey_11, Anthonyb, nigegunz and 2 others like this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I will be back this week, providing nothing extraordinary happens (which usually doesnt in this boring life, lol)
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    No, wasn't me.. I got squeezed to the apex of T2 and went straight to the fence on the left.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    maybe it was @SPL Racing :confused: have to have a look at the replay
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Helps when you're not battling others
    Don't push it or I may actually start seeking you out and make your life a misery each race
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You do that anyway :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Funnily enough not intentionally.......
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I just watched some of my replay, and it was @mikeruntbike that I hit after he spun ! Same livery as kart (on my screen ) and I got the 2 mixed up !
  14. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Do you have a screenshot for fastest lap? Or was the fastest lap set on the last lap?
  15. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Isn't the 3rd one fastest lap
  16. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It says last lap. It does look like a FL chart but I want to be sure.
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    4th photo is the last lap
    3rd photo is the fastest lap....trust me I wasn't doing 24s with about 10% on my tyres on lap 32
    dj2ca likes this.
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i might go a thousand races before it all falls into place like this again

i sure did enjoy this one
    Spidey_11 and stucar17 like this.
  19. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Well done nigegunz good race mate.
    Spidey_11 and nigegunz like this.
  20. stucar17