Division 2 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 3 : RAUPUNA : SPRINT ROUND : 1/3/18
    1 x 17 lap / 1 x 18 lap (formation lap)

- Qual Time - @ 4pm - (1 weather slot - Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 5pm - (Light cloud /Medium cloud)
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

OK all .... SPRINT ROUND TIME !
    QUAL : 10 mins as normal
    RACE 1 : 17 laps as normal.
    RACE 2 : 18 laps..... For race 2, the room host will set up with the same regs as race 1, BUT ADD 1 LAP.
    - Cars will line up on the grid as normal, BUT ON THE GREEN LIGHT ALL CARS WILL STOP BEFORE TURN 1 AND LINE UP IN REVERSE ORDER FROM RACE 1.

- DO NOT FALSE START AS YOU WILL HAVE TO SERVE A DRIVE THROUGH
    - Once in reverse order the lead car will lead the field round at 'approx" 100KPH.
    - Please try to stay within 1 car length of the car in front
    - BEFORE the last turn, the lead car will slow to 80KPH, and will start the race on the exit of 'The Rock" sweeper.
    - NO PASSING or OVERLAP till the start finish line.

Please make sure you are clear how this will work as its a lot different to our normal round races.

ROUND 2 ISSUES
    : Well done last week to everyone. Only 2 incidents that were protested, pretty good job from everyone across all 4 divs. Can always be better though. Please remember if you have an incident you wish to protest you must have your protest IN VIA PM, by no later than 12 midnight on the Monday night.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Is a slippery track, and a few of our drivers have been left chasing the pack after avoidable contact. I can see lap 1 being a nightmare if you all go in too hot, and more importantly, dont give room on the inside..Anything off line does seem particularly slippery .... goal is 0 contact for a race !

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. There are a couple of spots drivers will have to be aware of cutting. Main spots i have seen the chance to cut have been Turn 3 (fast left kink) and 9-10 (savage esses). Is a tough track to pass on, so you will need to be patient, and ALL drivers will need to give racing room. That INCLUDES the car being passed. If you mess up give the spot back. Guarantee you get through the first 2 laps when the field shakes out, there will be minimal issues.

CONTACT : Still not as good as it could be guys, everyone needs to be better here...We have lost 1 driver through frustration, which is the last thing i want. We want a strong league with full grids, and clean racing is the most important ingredient in that.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : N/A THIS ROUND

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A THIS ROUND

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM BEFORE MIDNIGHT THE MONDAY FOLLOWING THE RACE

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Hoppy (benny11169) and fatmix68 like this.
  2. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    just a heads up I might not be able to race this weekend got an unscheduled trip to Mount Gambier i'm hoping to make it back in time but just in case thought i better let you know.Still send out invite though
    t_b_williams and TheJuzzy like this.
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  4. Adam Wyman

Adam Wyman Rookie

PSN ID
    adamwyman
    Wont be on tonight guys sorry, school takes first priority :(
    t_b_williams likes this.
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    What have you even got, I’m fine :laugh:
  6. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    It's Sunday, you have 5 days to learn stuff ;)
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Quick note for qually tonight boys.
    DO NOT CROSS THE LINE ONCE THE TIMER HAS HIT ZERO!!!!. Return to the pits, if you don't the first to do so will have their game freeze on them. Is a common fault since the last patch.
  8. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Results for race two at least will be provisional for now guys.
    Looking at the incident that put Natman out of the race.
  9. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Q1
    [​IMG]

Race 2 (Provisional)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Still crook with the flu and still barely had any clue of this track.
    Started the night off about 6 seconds off the pace, so am pretty happy that I was able to get that time down to something a little more respectable, albeit with a fair bit of off road exploration.
    Anthonyb and SUBGTRACER like this.
  12. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I'll check my replay but pretty sure I did most of it myself, will update you once I've confirmed tonight.

Is there a chat or party that everyone else in Div. 2 is in? I had no idea what in the heck was happening in race 1 with the roll-around, then everyone tramped it onto the straight & I spun trying to go with it. I assume it was waiting for Benny after he pitted? What the?
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    More so the fact that you ended up on your lid with no option but to retire. If it happened to me for example, I have a reset button mapped, so i could have kept going. You would have only lost a couple of positions if you had that option.
    But as I said its being looked at, results might still stand.

As for the chat, there was, but it was full. Sorry for the stuff around, I thought benny chose to pit, but turns out he jumped the start and got a drive through, in hindsight we should have just kept going.
  14. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Yer my fault nat and all div 2, had a drive though for a jump start. By the time i heard that people were pulling up thinking i was doing a pit stop i had notified all untill i realize that my mic was turned off. When i did turn it on most of the field had pulled up. All in all well done to all, it was certainly a tough little track.
  15. natmanscoop

I'm not worried, not like I'm fighting for a championship or anything. More annoyed that I found a new & exciting way to crash 2 laps from a podium.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  16. natmanscoop

Check out the Jerk on the hill just to the left, he's LOVING my crash!
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys..

Ok, so we have had a look at Nats crash and pancake onto his roof, and have decided that the result has to stand.

Its unfortunate for Nat, however when we start adjusting results for a self inflicted crash, its a pretty steep slope that makes a lot of grey areas even greyer !

Sorry nat, make sure you have the reset button mapped, which can be used if you end up on your roof.
    @dj2ca results will stand for this race
    natmanscoop and dj2ca like this.
  18. natmanscoop

Yeah that's what I expected and same call I'd make, was actually surprised it was reviewed TBH!

Didn't realise we could reset in league races, cool will swap the unused DRS mapping for Reset :cool:
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 4 : SUGO - 31 LAPS - 1/6/18 - TWILIGHT RACE
    - Qual Time - @ 5pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 6pm - Light cloud / Heavy cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    [​IMG]

Good job last week guys. Very few incidents and protests which makes everybody's life much easier. Back to a pit stop this week, make sure you have all your pit strat set correctly, and prac race with pit stops on ;)

FUEL : At this stage we will run FUEL BURN on REAL. It seems that the patch has fixed the variable amounts that different drivers were getting. The only issue is that the qual amount is only for about 8 mins of the 10 min qual session.....Will test tonight again, and confirm before race night.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 3 ISSUES : 0 protests, great job from everyone across all 4 divs.
    A reminder though to
    make sure you clear all your replays so you have room to save the race. Also PLEASE MAKE SURE you have your pit locator on, and i would strongly advise (again) that you have a "pit request" button mapped.
    - Is still a little bit of loose contact off the line guys as well.....i know i held my breath last week watching the div 1 grid get off the line and the run down to turn 1. Getting a good start doesnt always mean you will make positions, you still need to give room and respect those in front and along side.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. The turn 1,2,3 complex is pretty tight, so EVERYONE will need to run a line to give those around them room. Don't get caught up in a 'race start' incident through being too aggressive.

TRACK LIMITS : A bit of debate after last round.....will try to be brief here....
    Track limits are defined by Ripple strips and white lines. If you run outside these limits to GAIN ADVANTAGE, we will look at it and there is a very good chance you will be penalised post race. There is lots of grass here with sand traps, so asside from the outside of turn 1, isnt really anywhere for people to cut without costing them time.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. The obvious places here are TURN 1, and the end of the back straight. This track has a very high speed average, so passing will be hard, but this is where the pit strat comes in ;)

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. You SHOULDNT need to change tyres or take fuel. You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, no tyres and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 1.3 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 2.3 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Sugo is pretty straight forward, you will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.
    PIT EXIT : Is a very short exit here, rejoining just before Turn 3.
    When exiting the pits please watch for faster cars on the race line. Likewise, if a car is exiting the pits and has track position, other cars are expected to yield.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  20. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca