Division 2 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Sorry all, I turned in an extra $#!+ performance this evening, even trying to cruise around and stay out of everyone's way I still kept tripping over myself.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Well, that was a great example of what could have been, happy to put the car on the front row in 2nd, which actually gave me the inside run into turn one which I held after getting a better start than my team mate in @Hoppy.
    Managed to pull out a bit of a lead until I got a bit ambitious under brakes into turn 1 and lost the rear end and spun. Tried to flick it and get out of the way of the incoming cars but to no avail. @Kart-No-1 had nowhere to go and ended up turning me over on my roof. Luckily had a reset button to use so got going fairly quickly. Spent the rest of the race trying to make up for lost time but spun another two - three times as the circuit got slipperier and slipperier.
    Well done benny and Kart on the win and second place.

Enduro to finish next week, bring it on.
  3. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Well with this season fast approaching an end with 1 round to go, i would like to take the opportunity to thank fellow raceonoz div 2 drivers for an awsome season and a close 1 at that. The racing has been intense and competitive with some absolute crackers. You all have made my experience greatly appreciated and it has cetainly continued on from the awsome racers in div 3. Already looking forward to next season and the enduro comps. Cheers for keeping me interested in this online racing thing raceonoz as i have only been doing it for around 8months and hopefully for many years to come. Bring on the final round as the championship is still up for grabs and as always race ya l8tr.
    Spidey_11, SuiCid3, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey guys, generic post to all divs....

will try to get some laps in tonight and double check the regs for the enduro with time on X15 to make sure we get the 24Hr in...hope to get the driver briefing up tomorrow.... is a good track though that should give some great racing....

Anne has mentioned that her and Arnold have had differences of up to 30L of fuel in some of their prac runs so will try to look at it tonight... may be possibility of having to run with fuel burn off but will test tonight..
    Div 1 - good size grid, no need to look at possible merge
    Div 2 - numbers ???
    Div 3 - numbers ???
    Div 4 - numbers ???
    If we can merge small grids to get the numbers up we will, but will run a formation lap split into the separate divs as we did last season...stay tuned on that.....if drivers can confirm their intention to race or not would be good so we know where we can and cant merge...stay tuned....
    stu
    garyw61 likes this.
  5. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Will b racing 4 final round, tb is to close to knocking me of the podium lol.
    garyw61 likes this.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, I will be there.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I won't be racing - I'll be at the F1 !!!!!!!
  8. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    i will be racing
  9. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I will be racing
  10. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  11. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Gday fellow racers, does anybody know the fuel levels for qualifying and the race for this exciting final round? Hoping to do a full length practice. Cheers
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Did some testing last night, looks like fuel MIGHT have to be turned off due to the differing fuel loads at race start...
    @stucar17
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I’ll be there. I’m hosting so I gotta. And bring the fight to @Hoppy :thumbsup:
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Anthonyb like this.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROUND 7 : ZUHAI : 51 LAPS : 1/4/18 - ENDURO with 24 Hr time cycle
    - Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 2pm - Light cloud / Clear / Fog / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - X15
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    [​IMG]

Well done again last week guys. Another week with 0 protests ! This week will see time advanced X15, so we get a full day / night / day cycle. Make sure you have a lights button mapped, and room hosts to have damage OFF. The lights work really well now, so a dark track shouldnt make a big difference.

FUEL : I spoke too soon about the patch fixing the fuel issue ! Seems that on a longer race there is still a fuel difference so for this reason we will have to run with FUEL BURN OFF. Tested last night and there was a difference of up to 30 L between drivers.
    Qual it seem there is only enough for about 7 mins of track time so if you want to go into the pits to take fuel you can....remember to drive in and select amount, if you exit to pits you will get the 60L

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 6 ISSUES : 0 protests, great job from everyone across all 4 divs.
    Will have to say to the guys in div 1, most drivers didn't follow the pit exit rule as posted in the driver briefing. Given it wouldn't have changed the result, i didn't follow it up as most cut the yellow pit exit line. If people couldnt be bothered reading these, i wont bother, but we will have to run with room penalties on :cautious:

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. Be aware of not running other cars out of track on the exit of 1, T3 and through T6.
    Give plenty of room, race restarts up to room host.

TRACK LIMITS : There is one obvious spot that drivers need to be aware of cutting. The exit of TURN 4, drivers must make an attempt to stay on the ripple strip on the exit.
    (1:10 on juzzy hotlap vid). Drivers consistently running to the right of this will be penalised

Everywhere else has grass on the track edge.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. Is quite a few spots here to get a run on other drivers. The obvious places here are TURN 1, TURN 4, 7 and 11....

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : You will need to save a Mustang strategy, with 1L of fuel, tyres of choice and turn off all damage repairs. This stop should come up as 'about' 20 sec, however the stopwatch will stop at about 15 sec. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.
    More info in the pitstop thread http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pcars-2-pitstop-thread.3094/

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    Dont drive through the pit bays unless all clear ;)

PIT ENTRY : The entry is to the right, just before the final turn. Is a blind entry, so make sure you do a couple of runs in so you know how it works.
    PIT EXIT : Is a straight forward exit, but make sure you stay to the right till up to race speed. Drivers cutting across other cars will be deemed at fault if contact is made, or if another car is disadvantaged. Us the FULL pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Ad2mny and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  15. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Congrats benny on the championship, and tb as runnerup, we had some really good racing in patches when i was on pace. Thanks everyone for a terrific season, can hardly remember a harsh word spoken between drivers, is a credit to you all.
    Thanks Stu and all the other mods and helpers behind the scenes, we all really appreciate what you do, without you we do not race.
    Cheers and see you next season.
  16. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Kart-No-1 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Hoppy, good luck in div 1 next season!
  19. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Congrats @Hoppy (Benny), @t_b_williams , @Kart-No-1 on some pretty solid results this season. Well done :)

I can't remember ever losing confidence, speed & general ability to complete a lap over a season like that before, I've always improved with more time in the car, bizarre. I won't be doubling-up and trying to run a 2nd league in parallel again that's for sure!
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Kart-No-1 like this.
  20. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Gday all raceonoz drivers, well first of thankyou to all div 2 champions as it was all you that make this a great season 4 me. Thankyou to stu for all the season prep and driver breifings, awsome job. Thankyou Dj2ca for the season tables as they always look great and hatfeild thankyou 4 the teams championship tables awsome aswell. To all other raceonoz behind scenes work thankyou 2.
    Well what a season, all day sunday my nerves were shot to hell, so many scenarios running through my head(just have a clean race). After missing the green light i was quickly demoted to 2nd place after qualifing on pole by tb. Talk about some close racing, 20 laps nose to tail and pretty intense at that.A small mishap from tb saw myself regain 1st position and i need some time to take a breather after that. Then it was full focus on no mistake like i have done on most races this season. Consistent times and a demon free end to the my race saw the checkered flag after the sun come up on track again. Talk about a virtual reality finish night shift feeling lol.
    Cheers all tlr drivers for having me this season, it was great to be apart of.
    To div 2 drivers thumbs up for a competitive season, good clean, close racing and a few laughs along the way. You all rock
    Congrats to all other winners and podium placers in all divs.
    Thanks to bundy red rum for helping out with my season too, throw the good time and the bad. Race ya l8tr
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Spidey_11, SuiCid3 and garyw61 like this.