Division 2 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    r
    Just picture an F1 driver doing an interview like this!!!! Hahaha utterly brilliant!!!
  2. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Apologies for not making came back from gosford arrived back home at 1.30 and download didnt finish to 8.40 absolutley there was times where I could have done very well but this season has been horrific and constant dsc and server issues have wrecked any chance of a decent campaign but at least the issue is fixed now for next season once again its been a pleasure racing with you all had some epic battles highlight was defiently leading part of the first lap at brands hatch I was shaking I was so excited than cob got by and than the disconnect :( had some suprises including 7th at the first race out of 15 but mainly a season of downs but that racing get back on the feet and keep going hopefully ill be back in division 2 next year maybe contesting for some victories as I said earlier its been a pleasure racing with you and hopefully we can do some racing in the offseason also just a thought who would be interested in a 2.4 hour race at a track like bathurst nurburgring le man spa tryibg set
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    trying to set one of those types of races up
  4. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Good stuff last night to wrap up the season.
    Qualified 5th after a shocking lap, including an off and my HDMI cutting out.
    Got an okay start and ended up in 3rd after the first right-left. I was right on the two front runners', CAGM and Beau, but as Beau took the lead, he sprinted ahead.
    I passed CAGM after his grassy adventure and set off for Beau, knowing that I wouldn't catch him unless he made a mistake.
    On lap 2, TB was slowly catching me, and after I did some lawn-mowing in the middle twisty section, allowing him through. I managed to get back past on the long straight, and then TB pitted, trying to undercut me. And it worked...
    Lap 3 was horrid for me as I tore up a sand trap in the middle section. As I pitted, TB flew past and at that moment I knew 2nd place in the race and in the championship was now out of reach.
    I had another off on the final lap in the same middle section in the sand.
    3rd place was not a bad result, both in the race and the championship I believe.
    Well done to Beau on your flying pace and the win, and congrats to TB for taking out the championship. You'll be with the big boys next season!
    Thanks again for a great season. Bring on season 4
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Morning all.....well done to everyone last night guys.

Sorry couldnt make it, got stuck in canberra longer than i thought so was no chance of getting in on time....:(

Just wanted to say thanks for what has been (on the whole) a great season with lots of different battles up and down the grid. I hope that the close racing this season makes us all better "racers" and gives us the experience to do it bigger and better next season. I think that some of the penalties handed down were an eye opener for a range of reasons, and we all live and learn ;)

I wont go on too much about my season, other than to say was my worst since joining the league for a range of reasons. Biggest disappointment would have to be the DSC at GVR, after fighting back from last on the grid (dsc during qual) to third and then to get DSC again i was shattered. After that didnt really get my head in the game and with a couple of DNS finished way lower than i wanted. That said, congrats to the guys who had wins and podiums, will congratulate the champ winners when all is finalized ;)

Thanks to the guys i had battles with over the course of the season. Had some good clean ones, so hopefully that continues into season 4.
    Cheers
    Stu
    Ad2mny and razor4797 like this.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Wow!!! How did i steal so many spots to leap to Second!!! Awesome, if it wasnt for being hit at GVER or my wheel problems, maybe it could have been my season! Congrats T_B for the title!!! As for the Nurburgring race, ik this sounds stupid, but im still frustrated about my quali lap after spinning the car and losing pole by .3 of a second, i knew i had the car to beat so as the lights went out i attacked, CAGM broke really early into the hairpin and i went plowing into the side of him, after i returned the spot i slipstreamed him into the high speed chicane before the Nordschelife and as soon as i got ahead, i tried to get out of slipstream range and extend the gap, happy with first win and Fastest lap of the season, if only i could have got a few more :'( Cya next season guys!!
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Well done TB. Good luck in division1
    looking forward to season 4
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Thanks guys.
    I too had a shocking qually lap. Was going really well until I got to the mini carousel. Spun coming out and lost way too much time which put me second last on the grid. I know for a shot at the title all I had to do was finish ahead of both Cob and Razor, and was a little happy to see that they were the next two cars infront of me on the grid and not too far away. Managed to get a run on Cob into the Hairpin in the GP circuit and made it stick. But razor had put a car between me and him and I knew I had to start pushing. Cagme had an off that put me back just the one spot behind razor and set about closing the gap. Closing was one thing, getting past, quite another. It took a mistake for it to happen, but as was said Razor got by on the long straight, and even though I tucked straight back in the stream, the run I had wasn't enough to get a move done before the last chicane, so pulled out of it and sat on razors bumper to see if he would pit or not. Either was I was doing the opposite, so when he continued on, I dove into pit lane. My out lap had to be a good one and was watching the gap times drop ever so slightly every sector and thought I may just make the undercut work. Until that is I saw the gap time drop by more than 10 secs in one sector, and I knew I'd be infront once Razor stopped. Held a 10 sec lead for most of lap 4 until a few :eek:HOLY SH.........!!!!!! moments saw it drop to around 8. But Razor obviously had another mishap as the gap opened up again and I just concentrated on bringing home the little blue girl home in one piece. Crossed the line and was stoked to take a win, until it dawned on me that I couldn't see Beau. And low and behold he had won. By a good margin too. Well done Beau. those extra points for a win can do wonders for you championship hey?

Will hold off accepting the title properly until Stu confirms season results.
    I don't want to watch :alien: tailpipes next season.....can I stick around here????:whistling:
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK, its official.......
    Well done TB on your championship win. Great result also to Beau and Razor for the final championship positions.

Thanks for a good season guys, looking forward to being a bit closer to the pointy end for season 4, hope to see you all back again.
    Cheers Stu
    Beau_Albert and t_b_williams like this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Anyone have lap times from red Bull round.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ill try to get to you tonight mate....
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Stu. I should get the season lap time comparo to you over the weekend if I can get those times and also div 6 times from the nurburgring.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @emmo46 here you go mate

red bull lap times
    CAGME 1:41:015
    TB 1:41:306
    Slambo 1:41:364
    Beau 1:41:414
    Razor 1:41:631
    Stu 1:41:882