Division 2 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Welcome all to Season 3!!

Of course as you all know we will be running the Caterham Seven 620, which is quite a tricky little car to drive sometimes but still should make a great season of racing. Some tips to get the best out of this car:

-Turn down the steering sensitivity to slow the super-fast and sometimes twitchy feel at the wheel.
    -Avoid the edges of the track like the plague! The grass and sometimes even the ripple strips can grab hold of the front of this car and send it towards the fence or pirouetting quicker than you can say "oh crap". You can learn where the safe spots and the not so safe spots are in a few laps of testing so just try to make yourself aware of the hot-spots.
    -Steer with the rear. This car can hold some pretty mean slides, and can be used to your advantage if used correctly. Don't get too carried away though, as the tyre wear is on accelerated and you dont wanna have to change tyres if no-one else is.

We are running FUEL BURN OFF and TYRE WEAR ACCELERATED this season (tyre wear will be real for the sprints). Some tracks you may need to change tyres, others you may not. I will put a note in these race regulation setups whether a tyre change is recommended.

[​IMG]

ROUND 1 : DONINGTON PARK NATIONAL - 35 LAPS - 1/7/18
    - Qual Time - @ 12pm - (1 weather slot - Light Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 1pm - Light cloud / Medium cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST

RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

ROUND 1 ISSUES : The start of the season is quite often a bit harder to get started with new guys joining, new hosts and a bit of red mist ! PLEASE, try to be on time to the room. It will give everyone a chance to sort any possible issues...

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you don't cannonball through the guys in front. Last season was pretty good, however we could always be better ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. The main areas we will be watching that seem to be hotspots for cutting are the fast right at the bottom of the hill end of sector 1, and the final chicane. Drivers will be penalised if they cut the track to gain any advantage.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. You WON'T need to change tyres this round. You will need to save a Caterham strategy, with 1L of fuel, no tyres and turn off all damage repairs. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Donington is pretty straight forward and is just after the final chicane, you will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.

PIT EXIT : Drivers MUST use the full pit exit lane, which rejoins the track at the entry to TURN 1. You must remain to the left inside the exit lines and be aware of fast approaching traffic. If you are on the circuit and approaching the pit exit as someone is exiting, be sure to make some room to avoid contact and possibly approach the turn in the middle of the track instead of the far left. A little courtesy can avoid ruining 2 races...

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the race without incident. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself and Garyw61. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  2. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    1. SAR @@Kart-No-1
    2. RZR @@annelorrianne
    3. NLR @@Ant_427
    4. TLR @@Anthonyb
    5. NLR @@fatmix68
    6. ICR @@garyw61
    7. PRT @@Glenn Stimson
    8. RZR @@Jim_aka_The_Man
    9. GRT @@KerbRider22
    10. BHR @@SuiCid3
    11. PRT @@George
    12. @ToniLuzar58
    13. @Nathan Storrier
    14. @natmanscoop
    3 new drivers added, ToniLuzar, NSTOZZA and natmanscoop

Myself moved down to Div3, and @Telum possibly withdrawn, if not will also move to Div3

@Hatfield
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    @Blindman sandbagging his way in to Div2...;)
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Re connection issues. Don't forget that if people in the house are using other Wi-Fi electrical devices these affect your connections greatly especially the apple stuff. If my kids have their IPods on its all bad so they are turned off.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    [​IMG]
    Natmanscoop DSC during qualifying

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim and Stozza DSC, but I didn't see DSC order sorry
    Ad2mny, Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.
  6. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry Glen, that was me that tapped you at the chicane, and caused the mayhem. I am not sure what happened there, as I broke very early because of the traffic ahead, and the tap I gave you certainly was nowhere near enough to punt you the way it did. Apologies anyway.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well done Ant!
    No wonder why Stu isn't racing, he's scared he will be the 2nd quickest in the family!
    Anthonyb and SUBGTRACER like this.
  8. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Well done Ant, nice times
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Actually what happened in the race? Your race time seems very slow even compared to div 3?
  10. Anthonyb

Thanks ao and sub.
    I asked Stu to come back so i could watch him in my rear view mirror.
    Kart antLloyd and toni Kept me honest it was a great race with not a lot of breathing room at anytime. Nice clean racing everyone had a ball. Congratulations @ToniLuzar58 and @Ant_427 on your pondiums looking forward to next week.
    See you on track
    Ant
    AOCleaner74 and Ad2mny like this.
  11. Anthonyb

Natman dsc in qually so started new room and rolling start with extra lap.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  12. Anthonyb

Stozza dsc lap 10 jim lap 23 i think but definitely in that order
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. Anthonyb

Qualified in 3rd a little slower than I hoped but happy considering the people in div 2.
    With natmans dsc we had a rolling start so i settled in behind @ToniLuzar58. @Ant_427 held us up nicely out of the final turn letting me get a small gap on @Kart-No-1. I started to apply pressure into the first few turn on tony and he was doing the same to ant. Ant made a small mistake out of the second of the double right hander onto the long straight and it was 3 wide down the straight coming into the flip flop. I took as much inside curb as I thought safe only to get hit hard from the right knocking me into tony and him into ant. Kart took the advantage and slipped past some how the 3 of us didn't loose too much time or track position and I got my head down and started to chase kart.
    Ant and tony where fighting behind me and I was slowly pulling kart back in. Kart made a small mistake letting me and ant through for me to run wide onto the back straight letting ant back through. Ant made another small mistake give me back 1st.
    Tony and ant started a battle letting me slowly get a gap. I had stretch it out to at nest 4secs to tony who had made a bit of a gap to ant. I came onto some lapped traffic letting tony close up to about 2 sec then I thought I need to pit and decided I would leave that until the second last lap came out in second and tony pitted on the last lap I went past him as he re entered the track I was .4 infront of him and just managed to hold on for the win.
    Great fun with some excellent battles. Looking forward to the next one.
  15. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Well done all for a great race last night. Congratulations to Antb for the win and Tony for 2nd. I made a few little mistakes trying to get the hang of this car, but had a ball throwing it around. Should be a great season going from last nights race.
    SUBGTRACER, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  16. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great win Anth, well done.
    SUBGTRACER, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Looking at the qually times and fastest lap times and man are they close great racing people.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Didnt happen last night ! Saw more smoke and donuts in the rear view than ive seen in ages ! ! :roflmao:
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  19. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! I miss you come back soon :cry::cry::cry::inlove::inlove:
    SUBGTRACER, Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will be back next season....enjoyed last night though, first run since before the end of last season. Just testing for the enduro race in the Ford GT with Ant
    Needed a break, but also flat chat with work and life....next 5 weeks a write off with work stuff but then should slow down a bit.
    Am sure Ads can handle it.....