Division 2 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,
    Regs for the final round

Wet race
    Qual and first stint on the SPORT MEDIUM TIRE, SPORT SOFT must be used at some point.
    WEATHER AT RACE START 70% (means it will be raining )
    SURFACE WATER 40%
    WEATHER CHANGEABILITY : FIXED.

Apologies for late set up guys, been getting smashed :(

Cheers
    Stu
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. SirPoopington

SirPoopington Rookie

Had a chance to watch the replay, I remember it.

Going two wide through the kink usually ends badly (for the car on the outside), so I think I've bailed out too early to ensure that I didn't clip cagme and send him flying (AKA saved and Damo). Normally I'd leave it up to the car on the outside to yeild there, but because it was the big boss I tried to do the right thing!

Sorry you got caught up in it cob. Moral of the story, no more Mr nice poop! :p

Replay:
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Looking at the replay Im surprised that Cob got caught up in this to be honest, as quite far back. I guess its just tricky in this car with the lack of grip, it doesn't take much to unsettle.

Also, looking at the replay, damo was a lot further up my inside than I realised. In real life where I could actually see I would have yielded...

I guess everything looks so clear cut on replay, doesn't take into account adrenaline/emotions ;)
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    There has been some concern about the pitstops here at monza, and much discussion about what could be the cause. CAGM7 has put forward a solution to this puzzle, that the pit entry speed is causing a penalty. He claims that the maximum speed that any pit entry can be taken without penalty (with a couple of exceptions) is 200kph. I myself can attest to that rule, with the entry at daytona oval causing a similar reaction of warping you back to the entry if entered over that speed, and I know it has happened somewhere else (the warping) but I can't at the moment put my finger on it. Anyway, to avoid the delay in the pits, and also as more than likely alot of people will be pitting at the same time, it is recommended that you practice reducing your speed entering the pitlane so your speed across the entry line is just under 200kph. If everybody does this, then there will be no carnage on entry from drivers entering flat-knacker and not only gaining a collision penalty and possibly affecting the ram-ee, but also delaying their pitstop. Thankyou CAGM7.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

No problem it happened at Willow springs as well which was why I did some testing on it in the first place.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Hey all, will make an effort to get on shortly after 7:30, but will probably be closer to 7:45 after kids in bed.

T1/2/3/4 on lap 1 is really easy to knock people / cob a penalty. So let's try to get everyone through there without leaving a man behind for some great racing to finish the season. Bring on 22 laps!

Cya tonight.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  8. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I didn't know I was a penalty, but yes I agree, I for one will not be attempting to make a pass through the first complex if it means any sort of contact, so if you see me sitting behind someone through there it's because I'm playing it safe, it's not an invitation to make a move, so please don't try it, it's not worth the risk. I have never lodged a protest but my no protest policy is being waived for this race, so if someone gets pushed wide through contact and goes off or receives a penalty as a result it could cost you the race or a decent finish, so let's just relax and keep it clean through there, it's not an ideal place to overtake even though it is at the end of a long straight.
    Cheers
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, agree guys. Keep it clean and lets have a good finish to the season.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Can you set up as an open lobby so soove can join us for the final round ?

I have asked him to be mindful of the guys fighting for the championship and stay out of their way
    Thanks.
    Soove9 likes this.
  11. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Just retesting it now, and it appears anything over 190 causes the issue. There are 4 white lines across the run into pit lane. 1 at the start of the yellow line, 1 where the yellow line widens and 1 just before the red barrier for the pit wall. A quick jab of the brakes at the 2nd line drops your speed to under 190 before the stop is triggered.

Do with this info what you will.
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lol, can't see it !!
  14. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Hey guy's, been out all weekend and just got home. Managed no practice this week at all so might just sit this out. Have fun in the wet!
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Monza Results:

Pole: CAGM7 1:57.058

1) CAGM7 1:55.435
    2) slambobagan 1:56.000
    3) sirpoopington 1:56.739
    4) S54VED 1:56.224
    5) stuart170773 1:56.878
    6) Raptor 1:57.116
    7) damo 1:56.282
    8) Cob 1:57.066
    9) Whiteracer 1:56.465
    10) Soove9 1:56.275
    11) groover 1:57.064
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well done CAGM!
  18. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yes well done Cagme, very consistent all season.
    I was hoping I could win this last race was well in the 55s laps in practice races of softs.
    But somehow my brake bias reset to 5-5 after the room crashed and I didn't notice untill almost end of qauli by then it was to late I knew it was guna be sketchy on mediums, but after a mistake t1 after I got the jump off the start. Dropped back to 4th but managed to get back to 2nd 2 turns later, had allready lost Cagme and never caught him back, think he was just messing wid me all race I knew I had good pace on the softs, started clawing some ground back to Cagme and briefly got the fastest lap but then, he instantly responds and smashes it with a 55.4 after that I thought god damn it he's just toying wid me. The gap just seasawed back and foward never got within 5secs.
    All in all was a very fun season and happy ended up 3rd equal in the championship,
    Still chasing my first win, hope the next season brings me one .
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  19. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Well done CAGME, and thanks everyone for a good season.
    Some pretty good battles typically raged on throughout the field, which is always handy for keeping the interest levels going when you're not out in front!
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    The final round... all week I was really struggling with pace, as my problem with braking in the camaro was heightened in the wet. So I tried using a different style of brake / throttle and with a couple of tips from rotor, late Saturday night I consistently found 1.5sec!

Was still quite surprised to qualify 3rd, with a 1:58.1, over a second off pole! Got a clean start, however CAGM got a bit sideways on the big sweeper, so I lifted.. I think a little too aggressively as I ended up going big time sideways myself! This let Slambo right my side into the chicane. I was yet again too aggressive out of the chicane and Sir poop / Damo went past too!

After this I just tried to sit there and wait for the pit stops unless an opportunity presented, which it did. However, I really cocked up this time, damo got a penalty onto the back straight, I had the run, although damo placed his car well. I was looking at his car, thinking how it this going to work, and then realised crap my brake marker was 20m back! I tried everything I could to try and keep on the black stuff, but it was impossible.

Slowly came back onto the track on the outside, as the whole field passed. There went my hopes for a podium purely due to my own stupidity. Stuck at the back of the pack I had reasonable pace compared to those around me on the mediums, but just couldnt get the move done on raptor and it sure wasn't for lack of trying! We lost a lot of time battling but it was fun :)

White had some issues on the last corner and raptor was quick to capitalise. As I was trying to go up the inside he went into the pits. Was definitely another oh crap moment, but fortunately we both got away unscathed. The gap between raptor and I allowed me to have a clean in lap, came out of the pits and saw white coming hauling up. But I knew I had it covered as my brake point was going to be a lot later and more stable. Sure enough he came screaming passed and copped a penalty. The undercut worked brilliant :) From that point I copped my fair share of penalties and white hung on to me, even though I was doing lots of 56/low 57s. But I knew he'd run outa fuel before the end.

With 3 laps to go I realised with my new driving style I was going to run out of fuel at my rate. So started rolling a lot more and short shifting. I guess Stu had a big tank slapper otherwise I'd probably have been forced to push a little more making me run out of fuel, but as it was I made it home on fumes. Was about 1 sec from the start finish line when the time ended.

Really big apologies for forgetting to extend the count down. After everyone got kicked and recreating the room I forgot (I remembered about 12 laps in, but it was too late then!). Hope nobody was setting up for a last minute overtake!

Thanks for the season guys. Hopefully I'll stick around in Div 2, although I dont really mind where I go. The camaro was another massive learning curve for me, and also all the tracks (except silverstone). At this rate one day soon I'll know all the tracks and it wont take me a million years to get up to pace :D

Thanks for the duels, and banta, apologies for any love taps. Hopefully a few more of you join the GT series for some new year fun in a PROPER car! :D
    SirPoopington likes this.