Division 2 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well I realised mid week I wasn't going to get the pace I wanted, so started focusing on consistency.

I was pretty happy with qualifying being in P6? with a mid/high 13. Focused on just keeping it on the track through the first few turns and no contact, as I knew from practice it was so easy to take people out. I caught someone out on T2 braking quite early, as I was trying to avoid running up slambo's rear. I stuck to him and was looking for openings around the top as I was quicker around there. But he was quicker through the last sector and first. I think I was being to cautious through forest elbow. Lap 2 or 3 I was quite slow out of forest elbow, and could see damo was going to catch up for a pass.

Unfortunately, he'd only just caught up by the kink and although I left lots of room, and lifted to ensure I stayed on the track, I got tagged on the rear quarter as damo's car slid across track. These camaros really dont like going 2 wide through there. This sent me into a massive slide and into the sand. By the time got back onto track it'd cost just over 20 seconds. All the while damo sat there waiting for me. I really appreciated that as sitting idle for 20 seconds is a long time. He then also gave me some time, while my tires cleaned up. A couple laps later I let him go by as I was getting a rash.. and I wanted to just focus on driving lines rather than defending.

From there I just kept plodding away. Pit on lap 10 to get the undercut done on nat? Caught Stu as he came out of the pits, and he out braked himself letting me pass easily. Caught up to groover and white battling. Saw some contact and re-addressing which I tried to take advantage of, but was boxed in ;) so sat back patiently waiting for an opportunity. T1 Groover got a little too much wheel spin, so even though I wasn't close, by the time we came to brake for T2 I'd just passed. White I guess was spending too much time looking in the rear view as he out braked himself letting me easily slot up the inside to get pass both drivers in a matter of seconds. The triangle love making between the duo resumed on my map after I'd gotten pass.

Was slowly catching slambo now, but still a massive gap. Made a couple of mistakes, but slambo made a massive one. If wasn't for my previous little slips of focus it would of cost of position. Spent the rest of the race chasing slambo's tail, but not getting any.. Almost ran outa run on my 3rd SS stint, and was fuel saving for 2 laps, and had to pit 2 laps earlier than planned. This put more pressure on my with the SM to try and catch slambo, but it just wasn't going to happen. Made a couple more mistakes and decided to just chill. Sir Poop stuffed up his strat too, gifting me 4th (although I almost gifted it back on the last lap at the chase).

I was aiming for a top 5 finish considering my lack of pace, so even with the shocking start was pretty happy with my result. Very happy for CAGM to take his first win for Sunday night racing, well over due for the controller freak! Well done podium, did well to keep it together for 90mins!

P.S. Raptor and Sir Poop, the 2 guys stuffing up strat so the rest of us can try and keep up ;) Once you guys have that sorted you can go to div 1 :p
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Raptor didn't realy stuff up his strat it just wasn't good enough to beat mine which I put a lot of testing and a spreadsheet into. He was 4s behind on lap 27 and both had to still use meds. We both jumped on the meds but raptor took on and extra 40+ litres of fuel to make it home in one which saw the gap open up to 12s. I only did 2 laps on the meds and brought it home on the softs. The gap was only roughly 10s when I left the pits which is a walk in the park to make up over 9 laps when softs are 2s faster a lap.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah good job cagme, well deserved and well done to raptor and slambo for the podium

If only I had the time for spreadsheets and endless laps !!!

Will try to confirm the regs for the last round tonight.
    Stu
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Cheers stu.

After having mucked around with GT6 weather settings both recently and in @Hatfield weather series It is simply not possible to achieve the race conditions I believe you guys are after. The surface water reduces to 0 after just 2 laps. Also in order to allow intermediate tyres you have to enable RH tyres in the lobby settings which with the replays not showing tyre changes posses a risk although seeing its ROOZ nothing to worry about. I'd recommend simply going with a fixed surface water setting or making it a dry race with compulsory tyre change as per the rest of the season. IMO i'd go with the latter as do we really need to increase the possibility of people getting significant penalties by running a wet race? Theres absolutely no grip once you go off the very narrow driving line.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Why not just run a race like we did with the macca...##% set track wetness with 0 changability on intermediates only.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was just trying to find the setting we used for the macca in season 2

Given we are using sports tires, if we set the water to a low enough level we shouldn't need to use the inters as the sports have tread. Have posted something out the back to see what the other mods think, a dry race certainly would make things easier ;)
  10. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

That was better than I'd expected!
    I still ruined my own race with some silly mistakes, but I'm sure it gave Stu something funny to look at as I spun wildly trying 2-wide into the chase!
    Coming home on SS was fun, jussst ran out of tyres chasing poopington & S54ved at the end. Plus more silly mistakes.

Thanks guys, cyas next season, or in some other racing over the break.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Yeah the rate surface water decreases in GT6 is significantly higher than it was in GT5. I'm sure i'll enjoy what ever you mods decide on as I enjoy the wet as i'm sure your aware although I would like a dry Monza race seeing it was wet when we did in the macca.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, that attempted pass was interesting Nat lol. I tried to give you room but being on the outside there was always going to end with you in room 27 !

When you passed me up the hill after my first stop I had enough. Running off the road looking at people's lap times prob Is an indication it was time to park it.
  13. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yea well done Cagme and raptor it's hard to believe that I was 57secs behind the leader and it was still good enough for 3rd place you guys were in a league of your own. I only made 1 real mistake which cost me about 20 odd seconds but to my surprise didn't lose any positions was a long lonely race for me. I saw s54 was getting close but all I had to do was manage the gap and once I saw poop pit again at the end was pretty excited. I was not expecting to end up were I did. Didn't practice any pit stradigys so I just filled my tank to the top every time so no risk of running outa gas. Probly cost me quite abit of time. But still no way I could match the top 2. I'm pretty happy with my result after a shocking qauli of p8.
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Righto chaps, if there is one race I would want to do again that would be it. I got my best qual position so far this season, had a good strategy worked out, had done probably the most practice before any race I can remember, could do consistent laps without trashing tyres and even my elbow was feeling alright for a change.
    Then race totally ruined before completing 1 lap, after qualifying 3rd I had slotted into 4th and had decided to just hang onto the 3 in front of me and let the strategies sort it all out, but it wasn't to be, approaching the chase flat out (as you do) I arrived to find sirpoop had thrown out the anchors to let his team mate through, (and here's were I get pissed off), which was probably not the way to do it.
    Maybe if you want to let someone through just lift off a bit going down the straight and he'll go by no worries, but applying full braking going into what may well be the fastest corner we do, where there is no need to brake at all to let your team mate through was not cool at all, the result of this was a speed difference of 206 km/h vs 282 km/h at a corner where you normally hold it flat, and would never expect anyone to have braked so heavily there if it all, so following closely and with that closing speed it looked like he was just parked on the apex and I was forced to go offline to avoid collecting him fair in the arse and dropped a wheel in the grass and then I was a passenger and had to watch most of the field go by, chance of good result gone, much practice wasted. I've been doing this long enough to know that :):):):) happens but when avoidable, pointless things go down that ruin big races I get extremely annoyed.
    Then groover followed me off in sympathy and knocked me off a bit further, but we could rejoin and carry on, nope, I then got totally pole axed by a wildly out of control Moozer just as I was getting underway again and went flying into the sand with heaps of damage, friggin hell what next. I then just cruised around and considered long and hard about parking it, and was catching groover and then spun at sulman park on my own, considered parking it again, but I've always told the guys in my team to never give up, so I followed my own advice and carried on and just diddled around then found myself progressing a bit through the field and thought I may be able to salvage something then whiteracer tagged me while going around him at the chase resulting in another trip to the beach, but after all this I still managed to come back from dead last to a battered and still very pissed off 7th.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I've had a few of those days, perhaps most of us have, carrying on is all you can do and it can be satisfying to finally make some progress and move up the finish order.
  16. SirPoopington

SirPoopington Rookie

Sorry Cob, I'll have to watch the replay. Was I off line? Was my apex speed ultra low?

I don't have much experience letting people pass so if I do it again I'll try to do it better.
  17. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Nah, your line was ok you hit the apex and that is fine, it's that you braked heavily at the fastest part of the track just before the apex where usually its flat out, so at the point I'm turning in doing 282km/h (as you normally would) you were doing 206km/h if I had of taken the normal line then (and there is really only one line through there at normal speed) I would have hit you at about 270km/h and probably taken us both out so I had to try and slow down and go left to avoid you and the result was game over. it would have been a safer option (and it's what I do) is if they're going to get by from the draft and there is a corner approaching which won't fit 2 just lift off before the corner and slot in behind, (a lot of times they overcook it and you get the spot back anyway) applying the brakes like that into a flat out curve like that is just nuts, it was just fortunate that it was only me that was affected, I'm not big on "what if's" but imagine if the rest of the field was a bit more compressed behind you, there may have been 9 other drivers as pissed off as I was.
    Cheers
    SirPoopington likes this.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Team orders for this round...lol @COME_AND_GET_ME7 I guess you got your first win in 4 seasons of trying
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Team orders have always been to not waste time battling teammates unless it's for the win in the final few laps ;). I appreciated the kind gesture that sirpoopington allowed me to get by as it would have got nasty going 2 wide through the fast right. Sirpoopington just took off far too much speed too early .
    SirPoopington likes this.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Fair enough I guess