Division 2 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok Guys,
    @G1bby3lit3 is going to join our room on sunday, SO LONG AS IT DOESNT CREATE ROOM ISSUES. I have asked him to start rear of grid as see how we roll.......we will address any issues on the night

TRACK LIMITS FOR FINAL ROUND.....

ROOZ track limits are defined by the ripple strips and WHITE lines around the circuits.... For the final round at Grand Valley there are 3 places where track limits have been questioned....
    1. PIT STRAIGHT : There is a white line that runs along the pit wall. This line WILL BE ENFORCED if you go outside the line to make a pass. (Between the line and the pit wall). Given the different strategies in play, and the number of pit stops to be undertaken, passing to the right of the line is a disaster waiting to happen for anyone leaving the pits, so therefore passing on the outside will result in a penalty of 10 seconds if not redressed....
    2. EXIT OF SECOND BRIDGE : On the exit of the 2nd bridge there is a car width between the white line and the armco barrier on the left. Drivers ARE PERMITTED to run wide here as there is no real gain to be picked up.
    3. THE FINAL CHICANE : Drivers ARE NOT permitted to use the concrete verge where the whole car is outside the ripple strips as there is some advantage to be gained there. Using this runoff here to gain advantage will result in a MINIMUM 10 second penalty.

Cheers stu
    aussief1, skywalker and G1bby3lit3 like this.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Firstly, big congrats to Giant, you dominated this season.

I had high hopes for the enduro at GV. I had decent pace and knew I could go the distance on the tyres. But with all the goings on pre qualifying I really wasn't very focused during qualifying only doing a mid 49, which was way off my quali pace.

Had an alright start, but was being conscious to not rear end anyone at the start and so had to play things a little defensive until I had some room. Got passed Stu after he made a mistake and had some clear air. Started to push a little but made a silly mistake trying to take too much speed through s1 on a botched line which resulted in a spin from one side of the track to the other. Recovering I was on the racing line and giant has no where to go, but hit me again and ran into the sand himself. I waited around a bit feeling sorry and stupid about the whole thing..

My race win was pretty much over.. I caught back up to Stu, who went quite wide through the tunnel in s3, I thought about going through but assumed he'd come over quicker (which he didn't), so it was a big wasted opportunity as I spent quite a few laps losing even more time from the lead.

I went softs on my middle stint, to mix things up. It basically went to plan with only being held up a couple of laps by traffic. Started my final stint on hards with 18 to go. I knew there were a few people 3 stopping so I had hopes of somehow pulling a rabbit out a hat. Although was really slowed up by slambo on his final hard laps, allowing nat to catch up a few seconds.

Each lap I was losing 0.5-1 sec a lap. This was my final undoing! Looking at the clock! I made a few mistakes on semi old hards which I really shouldn't have because I was in a pretty consistent groove until I started watching the clock. Alas the actual pass was super easy for Nat, as I ran wide on the final corner gifting him the place. I still didn't learn from my mistake though as I kept watching for how close slambo was catching on the map, until the inevitable happened.

Its been a very common story every race this season. I enjoyed the car, but found the 2 compounds a little tricky to get the best from both and as such didn't have a single race without a major stuff up. I feel I improved a little from season start to end, and am aware of some key areas I need to work on, if I want to improve.
    Blindman, natmanscoop and Peter Wise like this.
  4. G1bby3lit3

G1bby3lit3 Rookie

PSN ID
    G1bby3lit3
    Thanks guys for last night. Sorry to @COME_AND_GET_ME7 for the lag punt on lap 1.
    Its great to see the professionalism compared to other leagues and everyone seems to be quite genuine and passionate about their GT6 racing. Although letting people past, due to interference of points, it was still a fun race and extremely tiring. Congrats to @natmanscoop. Still learning the RX-7 finding about a second throughout the race on hards, and even following some of the others.
    Even with the shaky start due to Polyphony connections and server issues, it was still enjoyable. Just like to thank @stucar17 for giving me to open my eyes and experience Div 2, I look forward to racing with you lads in Season 6.
    Now to find myself a team, if anyone has a spare position on their team, I'll happily fill that spot.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Not your fault mate.

As for teams you don't have to worry about anything. During the offseason all season 6 entrants will be allocated a team. However there is no confirmation of a season 6 teams championship or specifics on how driver allocation will work. Thats all in the hands of the great mastermind that is @Hatfield
    Hatfield and G1bby3lit3 like this.
  6. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well finally got on the podium after a tough season, was a fun race, wasn't the fastest on the track but made no serious mistakes and thanks to my team mate warrior for the pit tips the 3 stopper paid off, qauli was terrible got held up on my first flying lap and made mistakes on the next 2 started 10th. Got a blinder of a start giant jumped the start and it made me flinch and jump too but luckily the red lights had just gone out, made up a few spots to be 2nd of the hard starters, I really didn't have any idea of what was going to happen at the end with all the different strats. I was in my own lil world for the most of the race clean air and not much traffic,Went in on lap 36 for softs came out 8th 30+ seconds behind wasn't expecting to make it to 2nd, but after a few laps I realised I was reeling in the leaders quickly, passing 7-6-5-4 easily and I thought shoot i might actually have a chance of winning this closed in on saved and made the pass for 2nd but 2 laps to go my tyres where shagged and natman started pulling away again, well done natman good come back after your spin.
    warrior2167, G1bby3lit3 and skywalker like this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    You did well to stay outa trouble Slambo!

I'll post the results tomorrow morning hopefully, unless someone beats me to it. Dont think there are any protests.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    RESULTS.....(provisional, however i havent had any protests at this stage :D)

POLE: Aussie 1:46:0**
    1. natmanscoop
    2. slambo
    3. S54VED
    4. Cob
    5. CAGME
    6. Aussie
    7. Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth
    8. Stu
    9. groover
    10. BMW
    11. Giant-Slayer
    12. G1bby3lit3
    13. blindman DSC :mad:
    14. DNS - damo-heato, VH-MIK, sirpoop, moozer :(

FASTEST LAPS
    1:45:389 CAGME
    1:45:447 giantslayer
    1:45:655 Natman
    1:45:690 seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth
    1:46:351 S45VED
    1:46:396 Slambo
    1:46:426 Stu
    1:46:761 Groover
    1:46:861 G1bby3lit3
    1:46:920 Aussie
    1:47:005 cob
    1:47:936 BMW
    BLINDMAN ?????

Congrats on the podium last night guys, nat great win......when you get it hooked up you have some serious pace mate...Slambo and Luke well done......

@Giant slayer , congrats on the championship mate, well deserved, your pace was too good and i am sure you will have some good results up with the div 1 guys.....

My race last night.....not really sure what to make of it. Qualified 2nd of the hard runners on a 47:2 and was pretty surprised TBH. Got a reasonable start and was tracking around in 4th till 2nd lap where i just touched the grass coming onto the front straight and managed to save it, only to see S45VED and slambo stroll on past.....from there i just fell back through the pack and had a pretty lonely race......managed to get through with just 2 stops....had a couple of half slides but just couldnt keep any pace on the worn tires.....seeth, sorry for the brake test in sector 2....was on worn tires and was struggling, thanks for waiting...let you go through 2 corners later as no point holding you up......

Thanks for the season guys.....when it all worked i think we had some good racing overall, especially once the red mist was lost after the first few rounds......Thanks to Luke for Hosting....appreciated.

Really hope we get an entry from you all for season 6, hopefully you can look past the room issues and see the racing we get as worth the effort. Its always a work in process but hopefully we get there eventually.....*imagines a night free of PD cockups !*

Also dont forget the other series in the meantime.....NASCAR and the HiTEC oils series......

Cheers stu
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Stu, what a great Div this seems to be, plenty of runners, 9 people sharing podiums, 5 different winners and the final result only 3 points apart. Fabulous.
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    love your work Hatfield
    natmanscoop, Stiffsht and Hatfield like this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    love you too!
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Dang, my pic of the race results doesn't have blindman either... I didn't notice the DSC :(

Thanks Stu for putting the season together. By far the best track list I've raced. :thumbsup:
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    It turns out there were quite a few issues with iinet on Sunday night in my area.. so was lucky the net held on for the race. I had another dc while watching the silverstone race, but it was almost 12, so went to bed and watched the rest of the race yesterday. :)
  15. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Cheers guys, thanks for the excellent racing Sunday night, Strategic AND Tactical battles going the whole time!
    My Race:
    I was lucky @skywalker fluffed the start, gave me the option inside the traffic jam & @stucar17 into T2, 2 spots in 2 corners!
    After things settled I matched the pace @seth123 was putting down, @stucar17 was looking racey too only to half- drop it onto pit straight. Continuing my fine tradition of "Finding new & exciting ways to crash in Sunday's Race" on L4 I dropped it over the T4/5 Dog-Leg, it kicked strangely over the T5 Kerb, bye bye 10seconds and hello 3rd last.

Head down, bum-up:
    I managed to stick with @COME_AND_GET_ME7 and surprise-passed into the T6 Hairpin a lap later. Sorry for the door-handle rub Cagme but I had to dive inside to avoid the full-on Liberace! Good fightback when we were bottled up behind a recovering @BMWF30328 until you fell foul of T4/5 too :-(
    Then it was time to grind-out some laps, started making tenths on @BMWF30328 until he fell off at T9, luckily ghosting & avoided a T-Boning. Couldn't make time on @Giant slayer and @skywalker except for when they were battling, so time to undercut. Pit-in a lap early, end of L11 and a fresh set of RS.
    MAN I loved that set of Softs ! Caught & Passed BMW within a lap, then @Slambobagan was very gentlemanly half a lap later through the last tunnel, much appreciated. Smashed 4 Laps in clear air before catching Stu & @CobMcCool and suddenly I'm up in 4th and catching @skywalker & @groover33 fast, HOLY COW !
    Excellent racecraft from S54Ved & especially @groover33 protecting their turn-in & apexes, but there's just no stopping Softs on a rampage, passed both around the outside in separate corners. Now it's just seeing how long the Softs last chasing down @aussief1 who I know from Quali has good pace. 8 Seconds down, but the Softs hang on and I'm still on mid-1:48 pace on their 11th lap as I follow Aussie into the pits only 2secs behind!!

Luckily Aussie Got Tangled with @G1bby3lit3 who was Lag-Wobbling horribly on my end, so now it's just a straight-fight with @aussief1 and hope the 2-stoppers don't all have pace, Looking hopeful for 3rd or 4th, good comeback I thought.
    - Then Aussie starts dropping tenths, manage to get past into T2 much to my surprise! He hung on for a while but I just kept grinding those laps out. And then - @groover33 spins out of 2nd, sweet lord Jeebus it's a MIRACLE, I'm in 3rd & right on @CobMcCool - and then everyone pits on-time for a 2-stop end of lap 30! YES !
    I grind-on until L35 when @aussief1 follows me into the pits, @Slambobagan & @skywalker both sail past so 3rd it is, happy with that. Then Slambo pits next lap, and comes out 8th, ouch!
    p.s. the replay is full of s#!t, it has some of the Tyre-Types listed wrong, lists Slambo on RH doing 1:46s last stint!

Somehow I caught @skywalker on my newer tyres, just enough advantage to grab 2-5 tenths/Lap.
    Shame he missed the apex & dropped it onto the main straight, would've liked a straight-up brawl to the line (on my newer tyres!).

Thanks for the season guys, especially the moderators & hosts, I'll miss the RX7 TC, it really responded well to measured inputs. Hopefully I actually make all the rounds in Season 6!
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    You did really well Nat. Good pace and consistency too!
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @natmanscoop replays only show the compound that each driver started on...it does not account for changes :(
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    :D:D
    It's so easy to find my name ! :D The E game strong lol