Division 2 Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    AO got pole and also claimed the FL.

Coming into this round I was actually thinking about giving it a miss (but as host figured I should show), having not done much practice at all and feeling way off pace. Was lucky enough that @MINT_GTR joined a pre race room and I got to see a couple of laps (between getting dinner ready).

Was really happy to put down my first high 10 during qualifying, but then started pushing a little hard and couldn't seem to improve. Was 4th of the grid. There was 1/2 a tenth separating 4-8th on the grid! It was going to be a close one. Sure enough though starting positions is king in this car.

I had an ok start, held my position.. looked over to see where Russel was and well I couldn't see him as @groover33 was between us already. Amazing start! I kept it tight through T1, but had a little side by side contact with Russel. He yielded rather than hanging around the outside so I was able to get on the throttle and run out wide. Lifted off the throttle a little late for cold tyres through the flip flop and had to do a major lift to save it from all being over. Got rear ended at this point.

From here I started to catch up a little to @groover33 & @natmanscoop who were fighting. @AOCleaner74 was long gone! I'd catch up with @pykeybraa145 right up my clacker all the way and we'd then battle allowing the others to slip away. Finally was able to pull a little gap to @pykeybraa145 as I started to learn my line a little better. At this point I started thinking about what my strat was going to be. How many laps was half way? 16? oh no its 18 isn't it... dammit theres 1 sec lost thinking about which lap to pit! Saw @Bryan_F coming out of the pits, but in my head I was focused on hunting @groover33.. I totally missed my brake marker looking at the bright blue car! How easily Im distracted! Was lucky to not totally bin it, and only lost 4-5 sec. But now @pykeybraa145 was giving me a 2nd rash.

Finally lap 17 decided to pit for an undercut. Had a nice clean pit and a cracking out lap. Ended up right on the tail of @groover33 as he pit lap 18. Where was @AOCleaner74 ?!? Was he 1 stopping? Lap 19.. passed @AOCleaner74 .. sorry I heard about the spin into the pits... I remember joking Tuesday about spinning off the straight into the pits.. sadly this wasn't funny as you were seriously quick!

So running in 2nd and gap holding steady around 2 secs. I take out a few tenths one lap and lose some the next, I know @groover33 is as good on tires, so I wont get an advantage there. With a decent gap behind me, I figured I'd shoot for the FL. On lower fuel @groover33 puts in a tidy 10.7 and then I went 10.6, only to have AO beat me by a few thousandths. Spewing!

Up again, by 2 tenths in S1, but @groover33 has a slight moment into the first tunnel, so I closing right up on him. S2 still on it... but S3 was to safe and ended up .1 down. 2 laps later, Im up again... this is it! Although coming through exit of S2 got on the gas a tad early and held it thinking I could make my now slightly worn tires hold... bang hit the wall and spun big time! From that point I just chilled to the chequred flag, as I'm still very happy with a 2nd considering I thought I was going to be a back marker!

Sorry bout the essay will keep it shorter next time!
  2. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Im not 100% sure. But Im pretty sure he does, he has tried to email his time but wasn't having much luck.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    essay race reports are what we want!
    SuiCid3 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    At least we know who got pole, FL, 1st and 2nd, just need a longer essay to fill out the rest of the info.
    AOCleaner74 and skywalker like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    who is Russell Evans, and where's Aussie F1?
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @aussief1 hasn't raced yet I thought
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was just suspicious Aussie changed his name to conceal the guilty ;)
  10. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I thought you don't get any points for rage quitting.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh yeah. @stucar17 how does this stand if the reason is you cannot progress due to a car in front lag punting you when you get close?
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will need Luke to have a look at it as I don't have any replay or anything. That said, we we're looking at no points for a rage quit, as a deterrent to drivers quitting for no other reason that a less than desirable result. It does get grey however if a lagging driver makes any pass or improvement of a result impossible.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    what does the rest of this division think about this specific situation?
  14. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    i dont mind if he gets points or not
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I don't mind either, but I would like to see a clarification for future incidents like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I still don't have lap times.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    does russellevans01 have a rooz account? I would like to ask him if he would like to be a part of the teams championship be a privateer this season.
  18. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

It wasn't a rage quit because i was too slow or spinning out on my own all the time. I should of been on for decent result probly 5th I got in front of damo and was making ground before the first punt,
    The second time I was back in a dog fight with poop and damo again before i got punted again,
    I probly could of put my head down and got maybe 7th after this, maybe... But then again I had to try get around natmans tyre smoke again so probly not. I was soooooooo angry I literally yelled :):):):) this and woke up my mrs haha. it would of affected my judgement and could of taken someone out, it was for the best if I just left the race.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I was no where near Nat for most of the race and yet I saw his teleporting car a couple of times, and clouds of smoke just as often. Its a part of GT6 which really sucks and is probably a big reason why its dying a slow and painful death with only GT academy propping it up.

I can understand leaving, but it was a rage quit. Byran also left too, as Im guessing his jet lag got the better of him.

I dunno about getting no points though. I could understand being awarded less points than someone who was DSC, but they made the effort to show up and imo thats worth something. What say you?
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    groover 1:10.716
    54ved 1:10.689
    AOcleaner 1:10.654
    pykey 1"11:096
    damo 1:11.278
    sirpoop 1:11.042
    Russel 1:11.135
    seth 1:10.722