DIVISION 2 - SEASON 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 22, 2019.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was a tough night !
    Couldn't hook it up in qual, and even then, a PB would have still had me 4th i think instead of 6th....Well done Glenn, good pace.

Then the stuff up with @Jim_aka_The_Man .... and him missing the start. We waited till i though everyone was ready, and with all thumbs up i pressed the start button to the 2 min count down... Sorry you didnt make it back in time mate.

After that happened the start was interesting, and the funnel down to 1 and 3 gave the usual contact, near misses and disasters :(. I managed to get through 1 ok, the the run down to 2 i had @Ant_427 get a wobble up on the left side ripple strip, i moved left as i had a run, but didnt see @MarkH on my left and i pushed him off track, and spun myself... thankfully mark made it through, but i was left facing the wrong way watching the field go through. Back to 3rd last i think, only anth and BlueXR8 behind me.....

So head down, bum up and i managed to pull it back into the top 5, every time i came up to a car i was going to pit to get a bit of an undercut, but they seemed to peel off on que, giving me clear track. With 5 to go, i pitted, but had lloydy, spidey and someone else closing in..... The top 3 were too far ahead, so just tried to keep it straight driving on dead tyres and no track temp.... @Spidey_11 pushed hard and got to within a second, but managed to hold 4th to the end....

Was a good race, less the lap 1 shennanigans, which werent really anyones fault other than my brothers :rolleyes::cautious::coffee::whistling:

I checked dons incident, and he was recovering from an off, and the other car and he actually were on the brakes at exactly the same time, so was probably more on don than anyone else. (am sure you saw his message in the PSN chat)

@bluexr8 seems to be getting the rough end this season, bad luck mate. It is certainly much harder mid pack of div 2 than at the front of 3.
    On to dry and dusty Willow Springs for the sprint round.... Do some prac there lads, the front left cops an absolute hammering, but there is grip regardless of the tyre temp.
    Stu
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    All good mate. :thumbsup:
    Anthonyb likes this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Q2 after managing a 12.5 on my second lap but I was getting a little tow. Unfortunately, glenn was closer to me and i towed him to a 12.0 smashing his way onto pole.

Race sttart and away we go, pretty level into T1, but i backed out of it as the inside is the totally wrong line through there and I would have slid across taking Glenn out. So just kept following him trying to stick as close as possible. We both went onto the grass coming along the back section on the fast right after the loop but thankfully no wall and we kept going.

Lap 2 and i braked a FRACTION too late considering the fuel load and i went just a tiny bit wide onto the ripple strips at the end of the back section "straight" (the Isn't Straight). This got me loose and i spun it around and I stopped facing the wrong way. I thought I was done for and was heading for last having to wait for all the traffic to pass, but there was no one there!! Somehow we managed to pull a 5 second or so gap on third place, and I spun it back around and got going again just as Spidey was arriving on the scene, I couldn't believe I had managed to keep 2nd spot after that.

The gap now to Glenn was well north of 5 or 6 seconds, so I had to concentrate on not letting Spidey through. He had his own little incident a lap or 2 later, dropping him back and giving me a bit of space to 3rd. Right, lets try and chase Glenn down. Another few laps later and the gap fell dramatically as he must have had a scary moment somewhere and now I was back in reach only a couple seconds behind. If it stayed like this I was on the default plan of last lap pit stop.

Try as I might though, I couldn't break him. Soon after, he found his groove and went for it. He was untouchable with the warmer track temps. Gap just steadily increased, and at about 7 seconds I decided to switch to my alternate strategy of pitting around end of lap 15 and taking front tyres only. My practice runs had reinforced that the cooler last stint was going to be slippery, especially on the worn tyres I had. The front tyre only stop was about 4-5 seconds longer than the no tyre stop, so I had to increase my gap to third to ensure I didn't get jumped in the pits as I was only about 3 seconds ahead.

I got the gap I needed, but one lap before I intended to pit, my wheel went a bit weird and it shot me off to the right when going up the hill on the start/finish straight. I got control back of the car (sort of) and pointed it into pit lane, but I was still trying to gather it up and couldn't QUITE get it slowed down enough, so ended up with a 10 sec penalty. Oh well. PIt stop happened, and I was off again. By lap 16 I was so glad I took this option as the fresh tyres meant I was putting in 13's again rather than the 15-16's I was doing in this part of the race in practice. I knew with my penalty that I couldn't beat Glenn even if I did happen to catch him, so my attention turned to building the gap to 3rd to 10 seconds which was around 5 at this point. Smashed out the next 5 laps, and managed to get ahead of 3rd by more than enough and actually only finished 3 seconds behind Glenn, so I had made up a good chunk of time.

2nd place finish so happy with that. Onto the sprints now at Willow. Lots more work there to be competitive I think........
    garyw61, stucar17, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  4. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Think I qualified 9th or so. Made it up to 3rd after the 1st lap shenanigans but knew being 1.6 seconds off in qually that I couldn't rest. Not sure if those who are on a wheel had issues but my hands went numb half way through the race and started making mistakes slowly but surely dropping me back to about 9th again. I was stuffed after that one. Not sure who tapped me from behind and spun on the second last lap hope it wasnt my fault.
    garyw61, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Some how managed a 3rd place after everyone feel off so a big thanks to everyone who crashed
    garyw61, Spidey_11, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

7. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  9. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm gonna miss this week's race guys. Going to Coffs Harbour for the weekend.
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. Anthonyb

Toot on the way past
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    garyw61 likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Darkman488 , i have a spot in div 2 tonight if you want to have a run with us ?
    @Bounty05 is out this week i believe....
    Darkman488 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is a possible couple of protests, will get to them tonight.
    Results provisional.
  14. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    @stucar17 can I put a protest in against myself!!!!! My effort last night was an absolute shocker:(
    Spidey_11, Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.
  15. Anthonyb

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. MarkH

MarkH Rookie

Replays both races...
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  17. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Sorry for the love tap at 21:37 :)

Looked like you were going to spin drivers left but managed to save it.
    MarkH likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Had a cracking night on Sunday..
    Q 3rd, after trying my arse off to get into the 15s.... was up a couple of laps, but just couldnt get it done over the hill and through the dip onto the back loop....

R1, sat in behind Blue and Glenn for the first 4 or 5 laps, before glenn slid off and dropped back at turn 4. For the next 14 laps, i waited for blue to make a mistake, which didnt happen, but sat on his arse, not getting more than about .8 of a second behind.... On the last lap i got a run onto the front straight, but it just wasnt enough, blue getting me by just .069 of a second at the line. Some good racing !

R2, had a shocker, with the night only saved by those in front falling off as well.... on about lap 3, i was in a pack that had about 4 cars in it, and Blue up my clacker.... picked the wrong side and then had to bail right at turn 1.... dead last and a mile back.....Bugger me, i had a lose after spidey did as well, managing to collect him as i spun across the track....Sorry mate.
    After that was just a case of catch up, and as the guys in front fell off, it wasnt such a bad result... it got even better when i saw blue lose it and i was able to drive past with just 3 laps to go... up to 7th...(the results above have 3 drivers missing from race 2)

Will try to get protests sorted asap, so we can get the points finalised..... Overall a great night of racing, on a track that was much better than people thought was going to be....
    On to Bugatti for the wet - dry round.....
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Willow Springs was super fun! I remember saying after each race I wish there were more laps.
    There's a 70% chance of a no Spidey appearance this weekend at Le Mans. I've got a bit on this weekend.
    :inlove:
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sooooo, your'e still a 30% chance then !
    Spidey_11 likes this.