Division 2 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R7 : SILVERSTONE - 26 LAPS - 7/3/17 - 3PM Race Start
    WEATHER SLOTS 4 : Clear / Clear / Light Cloud / Med Cloud
    WEAR : X3
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]

LAST ROUND !!! Can't believe how fast that went !

Thanks to everyone who continued to show up each week in a very different car to what we are used to.
    Has been some great racing, hope the final round gives more of the same.

Will keep this short and sweet....
    QUAL : PIT LANE CLOSED. Due to faster time being possible using the pit lane.
    FUEL
    : Wont be an issue, wont need any.
    TYRES : FRom the limited testing i have done, will either be 1 stop into Meds or a 2 stop on the softs.....Do a 10 lap stint on the softs to see how they last, for me it gets real sketchy after 8 laps on the soft......16 laps on the medium saw me finish at about 52% on the front left....
    TRACK LIMITS : is a pretty easy track to run wide in a few spots ..... Need to watch the curbs at T1 and 2, they unsettle the car. Turn 5 onto wellington straight (fast kink) can catch you out, Curb at Turn 7 can send you into a spin....Need to stay inside the track limits at Turn 9 (copse) and 15 (Stowe).....
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Straight forward, entry is just after Stowe and before final chicane. Exit, make sure you look for cars on the race line as you exit.....Stay right till you get to T3....

GOOD LUCK to all those in the hunt for a championship.....thanks for everyones support this season.

Stu and Ads
    SuiCid3, Anthonyb, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Hope we get a good showing this weekend again its been a blast with the large fields.
    SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    1. @@Nathan Storrier
    2. @@garyw61
    3. @@stilesy #16 Sheriftizer
    4. @@t_b_williams #10 Mixlub
    5. @@George - tuddy
    6. @@Jim_aka_The_Man
    7. @@redness-63 #12 Sciflex
    8. @@agolfer78
    9. @@Winchester Racing
    10. @@Noremac (PSN- normxc) #17 Stichmuller
    11. @@dj2ca #6 Cobalt
    12. @@SuiCid3 #24 Petrolos
    13. @@Anthonyb #11 Sciflex
    14. @@Bounty05 #5 Cobalt
    15. @@Telum (familiaGTR)
    16. @@ned83 (new member)
    17. @@freddyp_33 - may be missing a few, happy to sub if div full
    18.@@rossi0nsx out injured - may race when fit

Guys, please have a look at the following thread for gold membership, if you make a voluntary contribution before December 22, you will go into the draw for a Logitec Prize from our sponsors at The Gamesmen.

Some of you have already become a gold member, but an explanation is in the thread as to why this has changed.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw.2923/

Thanks stu
    garyw61 likes this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Done
    Anthonyb, stucar17 and Bounty05 like this.
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Already a gold member, happy to contribute to a great community.
    Anthonyb, dj2ca and stucar17 like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Its gold for me
    Bounty05 likes this.
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Will get onto this later tonight.

Edit: All done. I feel warm and fuzzy now.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry for the late notice but im out again. Great season thanks for the awesome racing everyone and well done DJ on a dominant performance.
    dj2ca likes this.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]

Race Results:
    [​IMG]
    P14: NSTOZZA_1985 (DSC)
    P15: familiagtr (left session)

Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]
    garyw61 and Noremac like this.
  10. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    For me, that was the ultimate anti climax. Qualified 5th with plenty of laps under my belt with good consistent pace and really thought I'd have a chance for the podium tonight. Not to be !!! Went to pit on lap 9, looked down briefly at my tablet and clipped the grass upon pit entry and rolled the car ending up on my roof. Pressed my programmed "reset" button but nothing was happening. Are you serious ?!? Talk about unlucky.
    [​IMG]
    Oh well just gotta say I've had a very disappointing season considering I felt good in this car and had some pace for once.
    Well done to the podium and congrats to @dj2ca for the Championship.
    Bring on Pcars 2 !!!
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    stucar17, Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Very bad luck mate, a real shame, I would have been furious! You've had really good pace all season, congrats on taking out the second step of the championship podium.
  12. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Second step?
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah whoops I was looking at the table wrong lol
  14. Anthonyb

Unlucky bounty I thought I got you back on your wheels. You had great pace all season.[/QUOTE]
    garyw61 likes this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Well that was quite a thrilling race for the end of the season. I was happy to get P4 in quali tonight, considering I'm not usually very fast around Silverstone and I'd had very little practice this week. Had a decent start and was up into P3 by the first corner, following Stozza and Redness. Stozza had a spin a couple of laps in so I set my sights on Redness. He was driving very well but I managed to pass him and stay ahead.

I decided to push the softs and go for a one stop strategy, it paid off and I exited the pits still in first position. I had my work cut out for me though with Norm not far off the back of my car. I held him off until I had a spin coming through Maggots and Becketts, I was very lucky to only lose the one position there. Now I had Norm ahead and Redness behind. Another mistake from me saw the gap to Norm grow and the gap to Redness shrink.

I had accepted that P2 was my fate for this race until I noticed the gap to Norm start to get smaller and smaller. By lap 25 I was pretty close and could see that Norm's tyres were fried, he was having a lot of trouble getting the car to turn, mine still had a little life in them so I pushed as hard as I could and managed a miracle pass on the last lap. Quite the thrilling win after thinking my big spin had ruined it for me.

Thanks again to everyone for racing this season, it's been a heap of fun and the big grids have been awesome.
    stilesy, stucar17, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done to everyone who raced this season guys....great to see big full grids and solid racing.

Congrats to DJ for the championship win, keep climbing that ladder mate ! Good to see @COME_AND_GET_ME7 back on the grid, hopefully we get some even better racing with new cars, tracks and 18 driver grids. If we can get it to work for us next season should be a cracker season.....hopefully for a PAGNAIN cockpit !
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Where have you got this 18 figure from for grid size. Everything I've heard/seen is 16 for console and 32 for PC.
    Zachery likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was on one of the console previews I saw a few weeks ago.
  19. Anthonyb

Qualified 7th alot slower than I hoped.
    Got a reasonable start but someone spun in front of me at t3 and i hit them with no where to go sorry whoever that was in the green car. Came out of that in about 7th and settled in. Had ranok3n lag in front of me at turn t7 which put me off letting bounty past then had a massive moment at beckets and found myself in the wall. Got going back in 10thish and had a lonely race from there. Tryed to flip bounty back on his wheels but that didn't work sorry mate. Finished miles behind in 8th.
    Congrats to the podium.
    Well done @dj2ca on tge championship. Well done to everyone else had a ball with large fields every week and overall good clean racing. @Bounty05 you had a tough season similar to mine last season unluck. Redness and stozz great pace shame luck didn't go either of your way but thats racing. Well done to both of you.
    @stucar17 and @Ad2mny and everyone else involved in making this and every other season a well oiled machine all your effort is greatly appreciated by everyone racing. @dj2ca thanks for the results tables great work.
    Looking forward to next season and large fields again. Thanks again see you on track.
    Ant
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    New look champ table!

[​IMG]
    Bounty05, Anthonyb, Noremac and 2 others like this.