Division 2 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    dj2ca likes this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You had bloody good pace on those medium tyres mate, I thought you were on softs! Congrats on P2, you were putting some serious pressure on me. Contests to @Nathan Storrier on P3 too.
  3. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Really had a bad race tonight. Started 4th on the grid but had a terrible start losing 5 or 6 positions by the end of the first lap. By lap 10 my tyres were shot and struggled to push them but when I finally pitted at the end of lap 15 the AI took over and decided to spin me around and hit the wall - thanks very much. Anyway, had a couple of spins and slowly made my way up to 5th and closing in on @SuiCid3 . We had an awesome battle on the last 2 or 3 laps, we both made sure we gave each other room but I took a 5 second penalty at the Mobil 1 Kurve to finally finish 5th. Great fun rano.
    Well done to the podium - looking forward to Sakitto next week.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Luck on my side for once at the start.
    Managed to avoid the mess for once and settled into 4th.
    Had a couple laps of battle with @Telum early on until he made a mistake and slipped back.
    Tagged onto the back of @George not long after but could not find a way through.
    Got caught out when he broke earlier than I expected heading into turn 1 and punted him off track and enough to give him a 5 second penalty. That allowed @garyw61 and @Bounty05 through.
    A slow exit out of the hairpin for @George allowed me to pass and try to chase down @Bounty05
    Positions held as they were until the pit stops. Went in end of lap 16 and came out in front of @Bounty05 (now I now why).
    @garyw61 was up the road about 4 seconds and was slowly clawing that back when I made a mistake and the gap ballooned out to 5 seconds. Eventually found myself in third when he disconnected.
    Had a good gap in front and behind so thought I'd keep it easy on the tyres.
    Try as I might, the good clean rhythm I had at the start was gone and I was making little mistakes here and there and slowly chewing up my tyres while at it.
    @Nathan Storrier eventually caught and passed me and then I had @Bounty05 hounding me not long after.
    I knew @Bounty05 was going to dive under brakes at certain corners, so always managed to place my car for the typical over-under moves which worked out brilliantly. Good tense racing those last couple of laps :thumbsup:
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Unlucky gary good pace last night
  6. Anthonyb

Had a crap race last night poor qualifying tgen got knocked around at turn 2 and 3 found my self last then my wheel was making ice again thought I would just try to drive around the problem which actually made drive a lot smoother and conserve tyres I entered the pits on lap 18 in 3rd only to have the car spin when the ai took over and man they are useless and turning around.
    Came out in 12 a few people spun and disconnected to give me a few spots.
    Put some pressure on @t_b_williams for the last few laps after he got a 5sec penalty letting me catch up but didn't want to risk too much for either of us and finished in 9th.
    Well done @dj2ca on the win and redness and stozz for round out the podium.
    See you on track
    Ant
    stucar17, dj2ca and Bounty05 like this.
  7. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Round 1
    [​IMG]

Round 2
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Gary should have gotten some points right l?
    Anthonyb likes this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Unfortunately not, he disconnected first which put him into P16, which doesn't get any points.
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    We) that sucks lol
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    Team sheriftizer should be on @stilesy but other than that it looks awesome :thumbsup:
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R3 : SPRINT ROUND - Sakitto - 7/1/17 - 3pm Race Start
    RACE 1 : 1 x 17 lap race
    RACE 2 : 1 x 18 lap (1 lap formation lap for reverse grid)
    WEATHER SLOTS 1 : Medium Cloud (Both Races)
    WEAR : Real
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]

OK, SPRINT ROUND !
    PLEASE READ RACE 2 PROCEDURE BELOW.

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Will be lots of passing opportunities from "SPOON" right through to "FIRST CURVE". When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4.
    Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

RACE 2 START PROCEDURE :
    - Race 2 will start as an 18 LAP RACE........
    DONT FALSE START !
    - On race start all drivers will
    STOP BEFORE TURN 1 and line up in reverse finishing order from race 1
    - Drivers who DSC from Race 1 are permitted to start Race 2, and will start at the front as per race 1 finishing order
    - Once the order is set, the lead car will start off and all cars will remain single file at no more than 100kmph. Drivers may swerve to warm tyres etc...
    -
    When the lead car reaches "FOGGY CURVE", it will be at a speed of 100klms, so all cars will be single file until the start / finish line.....There is to be NO PASSING until the start finish line....Any drivers making a pass before will receive a 10 SECOND PENALTY (room hosts / captains to check replay please)
    - Points for the round will be as usual.....full points for race 1, 1/2 points for race 2. Combined points from both races will see overall result.....
    - Fastest lap will be the fastest over the 2 races.....
    - Pole point for race 1 as usual

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : Not required this round

FUEL : Will not be an issue...

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : The only time you will need to worry about this is if you false start in either race .... the pit entry is half way round 'FOGGY CURVE", Drive through once in prac 'just in case" ;)

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

stu
  15. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Race Day !!!!!
    garyw61, stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Sweet! You good to host mate?
  17. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    sure, no probs
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Everyone good with the reverse grid procedure ??

DONT JUMP THE START !
    -STOP ON FIRST LAP BEFORE t1 AND LINE UP IN REVERSE ORDER FROM RACE 1
    - WHEN ORGANISED, STAY SINGLE FILE ... LEAD DRIVER TO STAY AT ABOUT 100KLMS
    - cARS MAY HIT RACE SPEED ON LAST CORNER (FOGGEY CURVE)
    - NO PASSING TILL START FINISH LINE

GOOD LUCK GUYS, RACE CLEAN !
    Anthonyb, garyw61 and dj2ca like this.
  19. Anthonyb

@dj2ca you start rear of grid for both races:p:laugh:
    dj2ca likes this.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Just a heads up, ned83 has had to withdraw from the rest of the season.

@stucar17 can you please remove him from the drivers list?