Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cool, thanks Luke.

Hopefully everyone is on early-ish, then we can just do the normal out lap and 1 hot lap for qually.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks Luke :)
  3. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    not gonna make it tonight, got drunk accidentally.....
    if you drink and drive youre a bloody idiot. even virtual :)
    Jamie likes this.
  4. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    [​IMG]

Good race guys. Well done Flood. Good win.

A big poo-poo to PD/Sony though, with probably about half the field struck with the sound glitch or disconnects. :( Bad luck guys.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Oh well, another season draws to a close.
    I was pissed off when I stuffed up on my own from 3rd on lap 1 and spun half way around, but stuck at it and made it back up to 5th (mainly due to other's mistakes).
    Flood was flying and I tried to stay ahead, but with him already having made his stop, I did the usaul thing when he's behind me and ran a bit wide on one turn and off he went.
    Stopped at the end of lap 3, and made it back onto track ahead of Serg and was hoping it would stay that way, but with a lap and a half to go, I get that :):):):)ty black screen " connection to the server has been lost".... Almost pushed my wheel through the TV :(
  6. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

Well done to the podium,
    I had an absolute shocker, doing low 20’s in practice during the week and was really looking forward to the race but with a different host for whatever reason this round the no sound glitch occurred everytime I went onto track (tried leaving 4 times in practice but came back every time), ended up with a 9:40ish down the back disconnected again reconnected b4 the start of the race but still no dice.

On the inside into turn 1 and Groover punts me to make it 3 races in a row where he has punted me going into a corner, all the cars around me ghost as I get pinned to the inside trying to pull up and I can’t hear anything so don’t know what the heck is going on and drop back to the back.

On the 3rd lap Disturobed drops it into the fence when he was 2-3seconds in front of me I try avoiding him but made contact as he drives back onto the track and onto the racing line as he recovers (unfortunately at a pretty tight part of the track so there wasn't much room) and I get a 6second penalty for causing a collision which was a bit unfortunate.

Interestingly sound came back on just after that incident but damage was already done and crawled home for 6th or 7th worst session of the season but thats how it goes some times, has been an enjoyable first season with you blokes and the raceonoz community apart from this round! but are looking forward to the next season, hopefully something with a bit more mumbo also looking forward to release of project cars.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Ad2mny, Blindman and S_CLOSE like this.
  7. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry for your night Raptor, it does sound like a bit of a nightmare!

There were a number of reasons that I decided to get skywalker to host last night. The times that he has hosted in the past, we had a perfect, trouble free room. When I hosted last week, there were a number of drivers that suffered the sound glitch, so I thought it might be a good idea to try skywalker's connection to see if it was better. Also, S_CLOSE seemed to have better success getting in to his room than mine and a number of guys had reported that they had a better connection to skywalker than me (the connection bars on the room). I am sorry if it stuffed up your night mate. :(

Anyway, thanks for another great season guys, had great fun once again. Thanks to Stumbles for looking after us this season, and also thanks to Skywalker for hosting the times that he did. A lot of fast drivers in this division this season. Good luck to the guys who will go up into div 2 next season.

Hopefully PD/Sony get their act together next season, and we don't get plagued with all the issues we had this season. The only thing that worries me is that this isn't the first time I have said this at the end of a season!
    Stumbles and Blindman like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I had to go coz my little one was sick.

Who got FL and what order were the DSCs?
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I had a quick look after the race at fastest laps. Not 100% sure on the on what laps the disconnects happened but I think the order and times are right.

[​IMG]
    10. Stumbles (DSC) 9:32.946
    11. Shibbmate (DSC) 10:34.814
    12. Hatfield (DSC) 9:55.279
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Sorry raptor your night was bad, but I actually hosted half the rounds you were part of. I really hope pd releases a new patch soon as the sound glitch is a pita. There's also varies degrees of it too, from nothing, to just engine and no tyre skids.

Didnt think I could have a worse round than when I was run off the track, but driving with a controller was tough. It's been a very long time since using the controller. I'm glad I did 3 laps Saturday night with the controller or it would have been worse. Most of my mistakes were from turning in too sharp lol.

Well done podium, tough track. I was looking forward to it, went and borrowed a power supply for my wheel from a mate. However putting it all together I saw the connection to the pedals was damaged :(
    Ad2mny and groover33 like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I was having an ok race getting as high as running third, when whilst driving by the pit wall, just before taking the left hander to get into the green hell, my car stopped still as if I had hit a wall. Engine and tyre damaged' allowed a 3 car train to get by.
    This isn't by far my best track, but it's the first time I have enjoyed it, even think I'm actually learning it :roflmao:.
    Well done to flood and the podium, as well as Groover and the championship podium.

Spent some time testing the Ferrari and Camaro right after the race, and absolutely loved both, however my pick is still the Camaro. Either way, it's going to be a cracker, plenty of speed and stubbornness to keep you on your toes.

It's been a pleasure racing with all of you this season, and appreciate all the effort and involvement from Stumbles, Gary, Luke and Hatfield, to have things running smoothly. Catch you later.
    Blindman, groover33 and Stumbles like this.
  13. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Really happy with the result last night; easily my best performance in a long time.
    I felt confident of a decent result because i'm pretty familiar with the Ring and it's one of my favourite tracks, but to come away with Pole position and the win is more than I ever expected.

I did a single timed lap practice during the week and got a 9:30, so that was my target for quali. So to get a 9:25.8 and pole was already a highlight for me.
    Outright pace is never my strong point so Pole is a rarity; I don't remember ever having one before.

Got off the line fine, but wasn't sure of my braking point into T1 which let gary through easily. I'm slow on the GP section and Hatfield got past too but I soon got the position back as he ran onto the grass near the start of the Nord section.
    Gary was driving well but a small slide or two from him let me close down his 2s lead coming into the second half L1, and by the straight I was bump drafting him to try grow the gap to Moozer in 3rd.

Started L2 right on Gary's tail, but had a small moment coming onto the Nord and had to do all the work again to catch him over the first half of the lap. I knew from L1 that I was quicker than him in the second half of the track and closed the gap. I got a big run on him and went to take the opportunity to pass on the outside of a left hand crest. But I was off line and dropped a wheel on the grass which sent me into a huge spin, lucky to ghost through Gary in the process. I couldn't believe my luck that I bounced off the wall and back onto the track facing the right direction and with no damage! So I could continue like nothing had happened. This let Moozer past and I knew it would be tough to catch Gary again because he had good pace.

Towards the end of L2 and close behind Moozer I knew I needed clean air to try make some ground back on Gary, so decided to do the opposite of whatever Moozer did that lap. He stayed out, so I pitted.
    So much for the clean air, I came out behind a bunch of other cars; that wasn't part of the plan! 32s behind Gary.
    Disturboed gave me a clean path through in the GP section; Serge was stopped dead on the entrance to Nord, leaving Stumbles as the last of the nearby traffic. He drove a great first half of the Nord but I was still able to gain on him until he ran wide letting me through; the third time this season he's be intimidated by the GRT colours chasing him :p

All that on my outlap, but still did a 9:3x and got the gap to Gary down to 21s when he and Moozer pitted.
    But I'd made the undercut work and was in the lead with a gap of 4s to Gary. The gap grew everso slightly out to 7s and could maintain it over the last 2 laps to take the win!

I think we should have a manditory Nord race every season!

Congrats to everyone who raced this season and Groover on taking out the championship.
    Big thanks also to those who volunteer for host and captain duties.
    Ad2mny, Blindman, skywalker and 3 others like this.
  14. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I had a good race last night started off by jumping the start so that was crap but coming into the first corner I bumped raptor sorry but in my defence when I watched the replay you jumped on the brakes so early before everyone else so it was going to happen and I didn't gain an advantage and you still made the corner fine. I don't mean to bump people but when I do I give the place back ASAP or within that lap. There is always close racing and is bound to be some rubbing.

Congrats to flood, Gary and moozer for the win and podium you all had such good pace at this track it was hard to keep up. Bad luck to s_close and stumbles for spinning out and hitting the wall you both seem to have good pace as well. I hate the pit wall on the ring I have hit the edge of the wall in practice at the end of pits and it stops you instantly.

Thanks to all the guys for a great few seasons I like racing with you guys but going to div2 next season will be hard being in a different car it might not suit me as well but least I won't be alone hey moozer haha. Cheers and good luck next season div3.
    Ad2mny, Blindman, S_CLOSE and 2 others like this.
  15. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

All good skywalker/gary thought I was going to go alright without the sound but it is actually a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, yeah since I've been racing with you guys I've discovered theres an invisibility glitch (only effected me in round 2), and the sound glitch last night, found out about the ghosting of cars that they can be a ghost and instantly turn back into a normal car at any moment any other glitches possible? Is Bathurst unraceable is it? I think I read stu talking about it somewhere.

All good Groover yeah I had to get on the brakes slightly earlier than normal being on the inside and I think Shipbmate in front of me I didn't really want to be steaming down the inside taking anyone out at the hairpin seen that happen too many times, these things happen!
    I'm happy for people to bump draft me, bang my doors off, dive bomb me on the inside, rub my bumper off going all the way up the straight but when people bump you going into a braking zone drives me nuts! One of my pet hates I guess
  16. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Ah :):):):) sorry Raptor i didn't even see you in that mess. I saw 2 guys go through after i finished slamming my head against the wall and i assumed it was all good. looking at the replay you had ghosted once colliding with me (and I thought it was one of the other guys) and i didn't even see your car, so apologies for that. That lap 3 was my downfall, i was getting frustrated at myself for making mistakes and started making more. If not for that poor lap I felt a top 5 finish was within my grasp.

As it turned out I did a PB time on the very last lap, lol.
    groover33 likes this.
  17. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor New Recruit

all good disturboed I thought your car was ghosted anyway I'm pretty sure it was flashing as I approached so I was surprised there was collision I will be more careful next time
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  18. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Glad to finish off the season with a podium after a string of 4th places. Was looking forward to a good battle with Luke for second in the championship but since he had to revert to his controller I knew it was over for him...bad luck mate, looking forward to some more battle next season. Great to see Flood and Gary up there...well deserved guys.

Hadn't managed any practice all week, but did 4 laps on Sunday afternoon. Knew the track well from previous versions of the game. Was happy to qualify 4th after an off on my fast lap. Took the GP section easy as it was going to be a long race and dropped back to 6th. Something happened not long after and got past 3 people but then could do nothing about Gary and Flood up front. I could see what you were doing Flood #bumpdraft :thumbsup: lol.

Was counting on mistakes from the front 2 as their pace was good. Didn't really have any pressure from behind after Stumbles spun on L1. Anyway, got past Flood after his incident, and decided to stay out and chase Gary while Flood pitted. Was having an awesome lap, until I think Gary must have run wide and I made up the 4 seconds and was getting close and ran wide myself. Cost me heaps and after the pit stop was well behind Flood. Thought I'd go for the fastest lap and was on track until the very last chicane, ended up 0.5 behind floods time. Wouldn't of mattered though as Groover pulled a 9:21 out of the bag.

Really enjoyed my first season with ROOZ, thanks everyone. Also thanks to the hosts and organisers. Not sure what the go is for next season - how do they decide who moves up divisions? Is it purely based on championship positions or speed throughout the season (ie. refer fastest lap charts)?

PS. Congrats to Groover on the championship...had the speed on us all. Did beat you once in Round 2....the highlight of my season :D
    Ad2mny, FloodSim and groover33 like this.
  19. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Not bad for a rookie season moozer i might have to watch my back for the next season but it might be bad enough if we get moved up a div for next season. I don't know about you but this car was to easy to drive it suited me perfectly even though i didn't pick it but might not be so lucky with the next car and might be way off pace. Will have to get a lot of practice in before the season starts cheers for the good racing all season and keeping me on my toes.
    Jamie likes this.
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Division movers are usually determined by championship finishing positions. There sometimes may be changes made not related to that if there are more newbies or drop outs for the next season.