Division 3 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    they tried to re invite u but u went to bed at 8.30 when the street lights came on. hehehehehehehe

kidding bro :)
    LOW_NZ likes this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    No @LOW_NZ however you will get last place points for attempting to start
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

ROUND 7 : RED BULL RING : 60 LAPS : 1/7/18 - ENDURO with 24 Hr time cycle
    - Qual Time - @ 8am - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 9am - Light cloud / Clear / Fog / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - x15
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race

ENDURANCE ROUND. Ensure you have a headlights button mapped as we will be running a Day-Night Cycle. Hosts ensure damage is OFF.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST

RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you don't cannonball through the guys in front. Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. A number of danger areas, the apron on the far side of Turn 1 is a no-go area, as is the apron in the final double right turns near the pit entry. Drivers will be penalised if they cut the track to gain any advantage.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. Of course you will need to change tyres at some stage. You will need to save a Caterham strategy, with 1L of fuel, SEMI-SLICK tyres and turn off all damage repairs. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Red Bull Ring is just after the second last turn on the right hand side of the circuit. You will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.

PIT EXIT : Drivers MUST use the full pit exit lane, which rejoins the track at the exit of TURN 1. You must remain to the right inside the exit lines and be aware of fast approaching traffic. If you are on the circuit and approaching the pit exit as someone is exiting, be sure to make some room to avoid contact. A little courtesy can avoid ruining 2 races...

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the race without incident. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Garyw61 and Autech91. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

1.5 hrs of racing!! Always a hard slog, take it easy on the drinks so you don't end up spending half the race holding it in...
    stucar17 and seowster like this.
  4. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Was a good race certainly wasn't much in it at the start, think that pretty much secures you the championship now disturboed well done mate.BL on the DCs by those who faced it, was a frustrating process.

Think I suffered from 'racing fatigue' half way through as I just couldn't keep focused, changing down way to early on some corners and losing precious time. Was interesting monitoring the times to cause there wasn't much in it lap by lap, was somewhat suprised I came ahead of disturboed in the pits but lost my way half way through the lap and spun and then from that point on it was just focusing on hitting my markers cause I had seowster 2-3secs back most of the way for the last 5 or so laps so I know I couldn't afford another mistake.

After saying all that imagine if this track was the wet race there'd be cars flying off everywhere.

GL in the final round everyone, gonna be an interesting one and strategy is gonna play a massive part on the final verdict.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Another great result this week, 2nd place. M

Did not qualify well, only managing 5th, and after we finally got the connection issues sorted we ended up having to do a rolling start. Good clean start with the leaders, but as I approached turn 1 I saw a green car in my mirror (@Fudge_Monkey ) approaching at a high rate of knots!! BAM!! I thought for sure that it’s race over as my car slowly rotated and threatened to spin, but somehow I recovered and didn’t lose any positions or time to the lead pack. @disturboed made an awesome start, creating a gap early, while @kayne greenwood and @seowster duked it out. @arnold watson was just ahead and my first target, while fudge monkey had stuck with us all and was just behind. I was close enough to Arnold in the second last turn for a dive under brakes but he veered left into the pits for a super-early stop. I closed up to seowster over the next lap, and got a better exit out of the chicane. I lined him up on the inside and managed to dive deep into the right hander then block his comeback at the left. He got a good run out of the final turn and I thought he might try a move into turn one, but he stayed back, and i managed to get the long left turn 2 just right and pulled a small gap. Over the rest of the lap I closed in on Kayne, as disturboed maintained his lead gap.

Over the next few laps I put as much pressure as I could on Kayne, and we both closed the gap down to disturboed. I put my fastest lap in on lap 5.

It was a great battle until lap 7, when I went a little too deep into turn 1. I scrambled to recover and then tried to drive out of turn 2 too early, making me have to back off slightly to get turned back in, allowing disturboed and Kayne to pull away. I tried to push harder and I did manage to close the gap briefly but it was mistake on top of mistake so I settled back into my rhythm. I seemed to have a good middle section but just ok everywhere else.

A glimmer of hope end of lap 8 as I closed right back up to Kayne, but he was too good into turn 1 and the gap opened back up. Up ahead, in the turn 4-5-6 section, disturboed run wide, losing a stack of time and falling back to rejoin just behind me. I managed to run a little wide on the left turn before the final double rights, and disturboed was right on my tail exiting the final turn. I could see he had my draft, and he pulled alongside. I braked as late as I dared, hoping to lure him in to deep, but he somehow pulled off an awesome skid turn deep into the corner, and blocked my entry into turn 2. I couldn’t help but smile at this, and tipped my hat as he slowly pulled away. I had half a go back at him at turn 3, but messed up my exit, allowing him to pull away again. I made a couple more silly mistakes trying to push again, and the gap opened right up.

So now I had a small gap on seowster, about 3 secs, and the same up to disturboed and Kayne, so I just settled in and tried to be consistent. I succeeded for the most part, and while it was good enough to be able to open the gap back to seowster, I was making no impression on the leaders, and at times losing hundredths. I had no idea when I was going to pit, and decided to watch the gap behind and hopefully choose a time to put where I wouldn’t come out in traffic.

Lap 13, Kayne pulls into the pits. Lap 15 I see we are starting to close on a backmarker so decide to pit. First seowster passes, then Fudge, closely followed by Kayne. I exit and quickly settle back into my rhythm. Up ahead Kayne seems to be struggling to find a way past Fudge, but the monkey pits at the end of lap 16.

Kayne is only a few seconds up the road now, and is a good carrot to try chase after. Seowster is next to pit end of lap 17, and I’m back up to 3rd.

So again I’m just trying to be as consistent as I can, while also looking for a few tenths here and there. Disturboed finally pits end of lap 20, and I look up to see what the gap is. Silly mistake, as I run wide again near the final double right, opening the gap back up. Ahead I see it is going to be close between Kayne and disturboed at the pit exit, and Kayne takes the lead, but it is short lived. Kayne has a spin at the entry to the chicane and drops back to 3rd just ahead of seowster.

So now with 6 to go, disturboed is walking away from me and I resign myself to just trying to keep 2nd. Kayne benefits from a mistake lap 23, running in too deep at turn 1, and again the next lap when I popped up on 2 wheels in the high curb turn 2. Now I really had to concentrate, or I was gonna lose my podium. My crew chief is in my ear now, warning that I need to pick up my pace, so I try to stop looking at my map and the gaps, and start time trialing my laps to get some consistency and rhythm. It works a treat, and while Kayne did close the gap down to be frighteningly close I managed to hold him off to the finish.

Well done disturboed and Kayne.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  6. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    Really sorry about the first corner bump @Ad2mny, it was very poor driving on my part.
    I'm going to claim first race nerves and a lack of familiarity with the car, track and game. Way to make a first impression hey :p
    Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    if that was ur first time in that car and track i believe u did a pretty good :):):):)in job there mate. didnt see ur race but ya qualify time for a brand new player on this game was impressive to me.
  8. Dash_Vanguard

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    I've been racing too much GTS is the problem I think..
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe you should join us in the GTS league then :)
  10. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    If you poach any more we won’t have a pc2 league lol
    xlxy90 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This isn't poaching. We are all roozers. I am simply offering an alternative.
    We had a few guys go from GT Sport to Pcars 2 this season too and I wished them well.

Actually, it might be time you, @arnold watson & @anne came back to GT and gave it a shot
  12. Dash_Vanguard

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    TBH, I don't think I can go back to GTS, but thanks for the offer anyway
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i'll keep the porch light on anyway ;)
    PaulCox and Ad2mny like this.
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I can tell ya, the foot was through the darn firewall and i had put the bloody sails up and crossed everything, i thought i was gonna slide off the other side, but a little bit of drift work and wheelspin kept the car on track and pointed in the right direction. That's one thing I do like about this car. I wouldn't have been able to do that in a racecar.

Connection issues were a pain especially as we couldn't find the solution, changing hosts and everything else. Feel bad for those guys affected.

Qualied on pole which was a surprise to me given my lack of running during the week. Got a good getaway from the rolling start, and had opened up a +2sec gap by end of first lap. Once things settled down @kayne greenwood and @Ad2mny started to close in on me as I was little inconsistent with my laptimes. Lap 9 coming into the triple left turn complex, I for whatever reason turned in in 5th gear instead of 4th. I run wide off track and across the sand. Managed to keep it from spinning though so rejoined the track just behind @Ad2mny not too far off the lead.

Got past Ads not long after, was chasing down Eeesteedee, and got to within about half a second and he peels off for the pit. I had planned pitting as late as possible so kept on going. By this time the best meat of the tyres was gone, so lap times were increasing a little bit. I kept my eye on the gap back to Eeeesteedee which was about 30 seconds after his stop. I got to about lap 20 or so and the gap had come down about 1-1.5 seconds after a few little mistakes on my part. I decided to pit now rather than try and push on and increase the gap again. I thought that if he got past me as I pitted, I would have a better chance following him with a number of laps to go rather than risk having the gap be the same or smaller and not being able to mount a challenge on the last lap.

My thought proved fruitful as @kayne greenwood got sucked off track by the exit kerb just before the chicane and spun across track in front of me, which gave me a clear run to the flag.

Well done to the podium, one more round to go!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

Great run last night. Thanks to those that came to help. Looks like this track has the potential for some great battles, with good draft and a couple of stop-turns there’s plenty of passing opportunities.

Tyres are still a bit of a head-scratcher, as those that changed did notice a difference, but those that didn’t change did not complete the full distance so still unsure if there is a point where the tyres completely fall off the cliff grip wise. Once down to 75% the lap times drop by about a second, and combined with the lower track temp at night this could drop even more.

Will try for another full distance run maybe Saturday night.
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    @Ad2mny my thought is we just run with you as host tonight mate, save any potential stuffing around. Hopefully those who had issues last week dont suffer the same fate.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Invites are out. If I missed you send me a message via psn
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  20. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Firstly a big thankyou to those who showed up when they could this season, I know the car for some of you have found the car to not be the greatest but its firmly put on the shelf now! The last two seasons have to be quite poor in turnouts but to have 10-14 each and every week is amazing.

Moving on though.. what a race guys far out that was intense, hope everyone had a good race but from my end the first 20 laps were insane, me and disturboed less than a second apart swapping places here and there with Ads not too far behind. Tyres weren't burning up as fast as I thought they would which was surprising and then entered my mind of thinking hmmm maybe I can pit later then as I had originally planned to pit at lap 25 but was thinking now I can push it to 30.. trying to get a run on the inside of the last corner of sector 2 and it was there I realised that I was pitting as planned as I must pushed a lil too hard and some crazy over steer happened and spun giving disturboed a 7 second lead, and the others not too far behind.

I limped around the track for 5 laps was matching the pace of the others but was not liking how the car felt so was glad to change the tyres and pitted on lap 25/26, once I came out I had nothing but clear air wasn't as quick as I'd like as I was only roughly half a second quicker than the others on fresh tyres, after a while that difference grew once I had my rhythm back and started to see all the others starting to pit, once all had pitted I surprisingly had A 5 sec gap on disturboed and was back in first place, slowly extend that to 7 seconds. And thought I should be ok, and just focused on hitting my markers for 2 laps and then I saw disturboed had narrowed that gap down to 5secs and I was like faaaarrrrk. With 12 laps to go I knew I had to start pushing the car and match his pace otherwise he would be on my bumper in no time. This is something I wanted to avoid doing as I only did two test runs to 40 laps so had no idea how the tyres would hold up.

For 12 laps it was quite comical as our laps were near identical, and I just said to myself if I can just keep this pace up to lap 58 I should be ok, anxiously nearing my first win in these Sunday leagues the last lap was just about keeping it together and once the final two corners arrived I had a huge sigh of relief. Finally got the monkey off my back and got myself a win so I'm stoked about that and a good way to end the season.

Happy with the season ending though, its been a long one.while this car has been fun I'm glad next season we're going back to the normal racecars and I'm sure will create some great close racing and some intense battles!