Division 3 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  2. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    There is a very good chance that I will miss the upcoming round, which is a shame cause I was soooooo looking forward to Monaco....

Just a heads up now that someone will need to get the qually, race times and fastest laps. Anyone with the app want to volunteer?
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Actually, this brings up a point that has bugged me since way back in Season 3 GT5.

Why can drivers who join after a season has started use earlier rounds (before they joined) as drop rounds?
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The theory is you score your best 6 rounds. if you do six or less rounds then they all count.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ant was actually entered before season start, however was down as a reserve as there were already a full grid (in theory)... he missed R1, but was then available so all is legit
  6. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    That's all good Stu, I did see that as well.

My question was more a general thing and you just made me remember it! LOL

I know it's happened in the past, where someone has come in either 2 or 3 rounds into the season, and been able to score very well and then grab a spot in the championship order ahead of someone else who had to drop a round of points whereas the newer driver hasn't had to drop any points due to "missing" the rounds they weren't entered for.

Does that make any sense?

I'll try wording it a little different. Why can a driver use a round they weren't entered for as a drop round?
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Let's take it to the other extreme. If a guy turns up only for the last round would he have to drop that?
  8. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    If that was all they had been entered for (joined up for the last round), they I'd say, yes.

If they had been entered in the season at the start, but only turned up for last roudn I'd say, no.

That's my thought process.
  9. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Here's a question, is it possible in the drop round phase for someone to be jumped in the championship.....that seems highly unfair that overall you can beat them but lose cause they had one really :):):):) round and lost very little points......is it possible or not?
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    In that situation, I'd say the newcomer is most likely better suited in the next division up :p
    RHINO11 likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It is possible and I think it has happened. Only the best 6 count so if one guys best 6 isn't as good as some one elses best 6 despite having a better score over 7 rounds the guy with the best 6 will beat the overall top scorer.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

One question I have about the drop round, if someone happens to get pole and/or fastest lap on their lowest scoring round, do they lose the bonus points for that round or just the points for the finishing position?
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep, it is based purely on the points scored in the round so if your lowest round includes bonus points you lose those as well.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is that how we have always done it ?
    i hadnt actually thought about it till bennys post.....
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have done it that way since I started doing the scoring. I hasn't been discussed before now really.
  16. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

You blokes make my brain hurt
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

T500
  18. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    @stucar17 I know this doesn't happen often but perhaps it could be added to the driver briefing for future sprint rounds to save confusion.
    Also I'm not surely how much clearer you can make it but the starting order for race 2 was a shambles, we were at least half way around the track before it was sorted & then speed was all over the place.....
  19. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    This is something that genuinely concerns me when it comes to drop rounds. Someone can miss a race and therefore not have to drop any points at all, versus someone performing well all season and losing out after drop rounds are calculated. I'm pretty sure this is why they stopped using drop rounds in F1 and whatnot. Drop rounds are some pretty bad juju if you ask me, they don't really have any positive impact but can have catastrophic consequences.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah it was pretty messy. It relies heavily on the drivers knowing where they finished and working it out themselves. Also in Pcars you don't get that handy list of driver positions on the side like GT6 so it is difficult to police. Next time I will use my app more and the mic so it hopefully goes a bit more smoothly.

Just watched your clip vid, man you had a rough time of it.
    maximuscatticus likes this.