DIVISION 3 - SEASON 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 16, 2019.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]League rules and regs : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Good Racecraft guide : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/
    Protest procedure : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

Car : ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE GTE
    [​IMG]

Start Date :
    MEET AND GREET 21/7

Round 1 - 28/7
    Round 2 - 4/8
    Round 3 - 11/8
    Round 4 - 18/8
    Round 5 - 25/8
    1/9 Father's Day Bye

Round 6 - 8/9
    Round 7 - 15/9

Tire Regs : WEAR ACCELERATED
    FUEL BURN : NORMAL
    Qualifying regs : PIT LANE OPEN - Drivers may swap to 'SOFT' tyre
    Start Time : QUALIFYING @ 8:10pm Sydney time - RACE START @ 8:20pm Sydney time.
    Room Host :
    @Adam Parsons (aadman)
    Back Up Host : @anne
    Room Captain/s : anne / aadman / @Telum ? (familiaGTR)

Track list
    Round 1
    - Zuhai - 29 Laps
    - Race Date - 1/6/19
    - Qual Time - 3pm
    - Race Time - 4pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Med cloud - RACE : Med cloud / Clear / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - Real Time
    - Compulsory pit stop - Yes
    - Fuel : Fuel burn ON
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race

Round 2 - Silverstone GP - 22 Laps
    - Race Date - 8/6/19
    - Qual Time -
    2pm
    - Race Time - 3pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Med Cloud - RACE : Light cloud / Clear / Light cloud / Med Cloud
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : BURN ON
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED

Round 3 - Spa (twilight) - 20 Laps
    - Race Date - 15/6/19
    - Qual Time - 7pm
    - Race Time - 8pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Clear - RACE : Clear / Light cloud / Med cloud / Clear
    - Fuel : ON
    - Weather progression : SYNC TO RACE

Round 4 - Brno (sprint) -

Race 1 -13 Laps / Race 2 - 14 Laps -with Formation lap
    - Race Date - 22/6/19
    - Qual Time - 2pm
    - Race 1 Time - 3pm
    - Race 2 Time - 4pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Light Cloud - RACE 1 : Clear / Light cloud - RACE 2 : Med Cloud / Clear
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO

Round 5 - Fuji (Wet / Dry Race) - 27 Laps
    - Race Date - 29/6/19
    - Qual Time - 1pm
    - Race Time - 2pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Light Rain
    - RACE : Light rain / Light Cloud / Clear / Light Cloud
    - Compulsory pit stop - Yes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FATHERS DAY BYE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 6 - Hockenheim - 27 Laps
    - Race Date - 5/7/19
    - Qual Time - 2pm
    - Race Time - 3pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Med Cloud - RACE : Light cloud / Med cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - Real time

Round 7 - Monza (enduro) - 49 Laps
    - Race Date - 12/7/19
    - Qual Time - 2pm
    - Race Time - 3pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Med Cloud - RACE : Light cloud / Med Cloud / Heavy Cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - X15
    DIVISION 3
    Starting Grid - PROVISIONAL

1. fatmix68
    2. seowster
    3. Tuddy5611
    4. Micmansour
    5. Ranlod
    6. ozzy_bro
    7. FamiliaGTR
    8. The_sqidah
    9. OKCMVP
    10. brettwant7
    11. Aadman
    12. anne
    13. Dosky-17
    14. Antmeg26
    15. @Lucas iniesta - PSN iniesta_97
    16. johndog2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok all, i am starting to get the divs sorted so if you are yet to get your entry in, or you can see i am missing someone please let me know
    At this stage i am hoping that we get 4 divs, however entries from a few last season are yet to come in.
    If we need to we will move to 3 divs to keep the grid sizes up

If you are planning on running, but havent let me know, PLEASE get your entry in asap....
    With meet and greet this sunday, its a short turn around, and i want to get things sorted in terms of room hosts etc....
    Thanks stu
  3. OKCMVP_

OKCMVP_ New Recruit

PSN ID
    OKCMVP_
    * OKCMVP
    stucar17 and George like this.
  4. Jake

Jake New Recruit

OKCUL8R
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys.... will release track list later tonight when i get a chance to double check a couple of things....

At this stage, it looks like we will have to merge to 3 divs, but i am still waiting on a heap of guys to let me know either way if they are in or not !
    If we go to 3, looking at the names, i expect we will have full grids every week as there are a lot of very regular drivers there. If i need to swap to 3, i will do it by mid week and then set up the PSN chats as required.

If there is anyone you know is missing from the list please let me know...
    For meet and greet tomorrow night, invite those confirmed in your division list, and ALSO those who you had on your list from last season.... they might decide to join and like the car and track list ;);)
    Thanks stu
    George and Adam Parsons like this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    HOw did we go last night lads ????
    Numbers ?? Anyone who stood out that needs to change divs ??

Am looking at possibly swapping up a couple from div 4 based on pace.....
    @Adam Parsons ??? thoughts ??
    Thanks stu
  7. OKCMVP_

OKCMVP_ New Recruit

PSN ID
    OKCMVP_
    We had 7 I do believe. Everyone seemed to be relatively close in qualy and racefrom memory
    Adam Parsons, George and stucar17 like this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will try to get confirmation of those who didnt show through the next few days and confirm divs etc by later in the week.
  9. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    Didn't do meet and greet but will be racing
    seowster, stucar17 and George like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys. Generic post to all divs .....
    Round 1 this weekend, hopefully we have a great season of racing.... Thanks for your entry.

I notice a few ?? over the track list and car selection.... We went with the Aston because it has a heap of grip, but also on the edge you still have to drive it, and it wasnt 'on rails' like the Ford GT. With the chance of a few small errors, we felt it would probably give some better 'racing' and the chance to mix up the results. Also ..... that sound !
    With the tracks, we do have a couple of double ups, but went for tracks used in the GTE season..... As always, cant please everyone, but we hope it gives us some good RACING !

Driver briefing is linked below. For our new drivers, please have a read through, and watch 'JUZZYS HOTLAP" ...
    will take you 5 mins ! For our regulars, have a refresh ;)
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-8-driver-briefings.3772/

I am about to tidy up the div placements, we will stay with 4 divs, and all look like regular drivers, so hopefully we have full grids at each round. I will also post in the PSN chats, and tidy up room hosts and room captains.

Also, dont forget to check out the teams championship and see what team you are in. I will be getting that sorted hopefully in the next hour or so..... will need the team captains to make their driver choices.

Good luck for the season guys.
    Dosy, George, seowster and 1 other person like this.
  11. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Argh, dropped one to many gears 1st corner 3rd last lap and gave away a podium :( great race though. Close for so much of it great pace by so many this looks to be a very good season with the talent pool we have. :D
    stucar17, Dosy, Adam Parsons and 2 others like this.
  12. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Quallied 8th less than 0.5 sec off pole... finished 12th...I was up to 2nd at one point... i did not take anyone out... all my own mistakes. c ya next week
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Dosy, George, Adam Parsons and 3 others like this.
  13. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    How to go from hero to zero
    step 1. get pole position
    step 2. put it on its roof on lap 1
    stucar17, Dosy, George and 3 others like this.
  14. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Afternoon Div 3 team,
    Wow what a night, viewing the results of qualifying and seeing how close the times were from pole position to last place was unbelievable, 0.726 difference and for all 14 drivers to get into the 1:31's is a good indicator on how the season will potentially play out. Cant wait.:thumbsup:
    Can I say a big shout out to Anne for supporting me and assisting with host setup, not something that I have ever done before but certainly up for the challenge.
    If anyone has feedback on how I am communicating or going through the process please let me know, (just a FYI, feedback is a gift, which means it's up to me to do what ever with it) I take all feedback seriously ;)
    Going forwards, I look forward to being part of Div 3 season 8, looks like we will have some really good competitions amongst our group, as it was once said, 'Races are won and lost in key moments, success, is above all, about enduring the suffering'
    Races are not always won from the first corner.
    Good luck for round 2, looking forward to talking to you all then.
    Adman
    OKCMVP_, Dosy, annelorrianne and 5 others like this.
  15. OKCMVP_

OKCMVP_ New Recruit

PSN ID
    OKCMVP_
    Qualified 6th. 3tenths from pole. Lost a spot off the line (no clue how you all get belter of starts). Someone lost it in T1 and then Constantina effect led to a car being on my roof and being pushed wide and dropped to 12th. Spun a few times here and there. Ultimately came home 4th. Not bad
    stucar17, Anthonyb and George like this.
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Use manual and turn off auto clutch. If you don't like to use full clutch in the race have a button designated to turn auto clutch on and off and switch it off as soon as you take off. Full clutch is faster than auto clutch (only slightly of course)
    Make sure that you drop it into first when the third red light glows because if you are in gear a bit earlier the car tends to roll forwards which can give you a penalty.
    stucar17, George and Adam Parsons like this.
  17. OKCMVP_

OKCMVP_ New Recruit

PSN ID
    OKCMVP_
    I use manual and no assists (except cluthch). I’ll do tjat from now on. Go Manual clutch and then switch in race
    beakeroo and George like this.
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  19. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Good morning RooZ Racers,
    Well done to all drivers that participated in Div 3 round 2 @ Silverstone GP, from the get go it was evident there was going to be some close racing again, track times were all pretty tight and speedy.
    A positive from last night and I was able to take this away from my observations and peoples comments post race, it was clean and fair, always a good result for all when we have this sort of outcome.
    As a matter of interest, I encourage anyone to post a brief rundown on their experience from the night, whether it be positive or constructive, I think its always good to read about personal experiences & challenges from the night.
    My brief post race;
    For me, I felt the pressure from the start, OzzyBro certainly knows how to make his car fill your rear vision mirror (gets the blood pumping through the veins when someone is staring at you through their windscreen and in touching distance), a take away for me, I have to learn to keep my eyes in the direction of travel, that is going forwards, I think I spent more time watching Ozzy than I did on the race track, back end started to get a bit loose on corners and then the inevitable happened on about lap 10, yep, I had a rear end slide giving Ozzy the way through, from there I thought it was all over and I would simply watch Ozzy drive away, thankfully he himself had a spin a couple of laps later on the last corner before the main straight and I regained first place, I just needed to keep my head down and maintain good rhythm throughout the rest of the race, having a small margin now I was able to manage my tyre temperatures and tyre wear.
    Looking forward to round 3 and good luck to everyone.
    Big thanks again to Anne for assisting with the race results and your support.
  20. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5