Division 4 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

I agree with Turbo, everyone would have realised after 4-5 laps that tyre wear was on normal, not fast. Everyone had the opportunity to adjust their strategies to suit and see the race out which all but 3 did.
    Mario likes this.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

That would only be the case if you started on softs. Those who started on hards likely wouldn't have noticed unless they payed extra attention to their fuel gauge and its the hard starters that would have been worse off as they should have pitted lap 5 as the soft starters were doing 19 on a set of softs. The hard starters would also of had no idea on just how long the softs would have lasted unlike the soft starters who could simply keep driving until their times dropped below what they could do on hards.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    CAGME, I started on hards and knew for sure within a few laps, it wasn't that hard to see. I certainly didn't feel disadvantaged by it. I actually expected to be walloped quite hard by the guys on softs, but i finished 3rd and Mario 4th (another hard starter). He went 3 laps longer than me on the hards and with the fresher tyres towards the end was reeling me in big time.

I can't see any disadvantage anywhere. You have no idea how long the soft starters were going to run even if the wear was on fast. Sure, you have an idea what you would do, but doesn't mean others would do the same.
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Knowing how many laps everyone else does on softs is irrelevant. Having a strategy that will net you the optimal finishing time is what matters and is different for everyone due to how harsh everyone is on tyres and how fast everyone can be once their tyres go off.

The optimal strategy for any given round is one where your last lap on softs is equal to your last lap on hards. If you started on hards and knew the ware rate was on normal from lap 1 you'd still be disadvantaged. Yes you'd know your tyres would last longer than what you had in mind for had it been on fast but there is no way for the hard starters to know just how many extra laps this allows. Pit too early i.e. less than 5 laps and you risk running out of softs and doing 3 min + laps with fronts on 0. Leave pitting too late and for every lap you remain on hards after lap 5 will see you loosing 2-3s a lap. Soft starters don't face any of this as your not going to pit when your obviously still running faster laps than what you can do on the hards.

EDIT: If like you say everyone would have picked it up within 4-5 laps. Then why wasn't it picked up by anyone in qualifying?
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  5. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    To help the captains with the decision can they first ask everyone in div 4 if they would like a rerun especially those who started on hards and that may make the decision easier.I'm not 100% sure but most seem happy with results remaining as is and I think only 1 of the 3 who quit did so because of room. settings the other 2 due to time restrictions ( bed time and time zones).Just a suggestion I look forward to a resolution. Thanks Tony
  6. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Annoucement to be made very soon
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    @disturboed "??? - I think you will find 99.999% of people realised something was up and changed their strategy on the fly to suit".
    I didn't look until the lap i had worked out,lap12 to pit,cause i'd done so much practice,even when you went early to the pits i didn't look,I was all about eyes forward & then during lap12 when i did look,i was only 1 pt off where i'd always been,so i just thought i'd had a cleaner run.I didn't notice the fuel cause was concentrating on changing tyres then straight to ok. I noticed on the softs within 2 laps though,which was when Ad said something.I really think the fairest thing is a re-run,but either way,it is what it is.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    After much deliberation and discussion amongst the captains, it has been decided that the results will stand. It was an honest mistake that the room settings were not correct, as we all know the time was getting away from us and there was a fair bit of impatience in the room to get going. The room captains all agree that this is the best way to move forward. [​IMG]
    10th Dek (DSC/ROOM SETTINGS CHECK) 1:57.779
    11th fubbles (DSC) 1:58.732
    12th SickSkillz (DSC) 1:59.853
    13th Tank (tried all night)
    [​IMG]
    I personally didn't notice anything was wrong at first, as like Dek my eyes were forward concentrating on the race, knowing I would make it to lap 10 before worrying about stopping. When I looked and saw how much fuel I still had left on lap 8 I thought something's not right but wasn't sure. I kept going and by lap 13 still had plenty of tyres and fuel. The race was pretty stretched out by then, and with the lateness of the race, I knew a restart would be out of the question.

I think we all may just need to take this one on the chin and move forward paying a little more attention so this doesn't occur again.
    DekGT5mad, Mario, garyw61 and 3 others like this.
  9. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    No comment.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who got pole?
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Crap will have to check. Think it was Watto but may have been grassies. Anyone?
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Pretty sure it was grassies with a 1:56 something (too bloody quick anyway, lol)
  13. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    yea i think it was grassies too
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I can't remember what happened to sparkles? he was around at the opening of room.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I don't have him as a starter on my replay. I do remember him being around though. Maybe I couldn't see him?
  17. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

I got pole with a 56.6, Grassies on P2. Don't know what happened to Sparkles???
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    *sigh*guess I will have to update the table again. You will see the changes after the next round.
    I will give sparkle a DSC score
  19. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    LOL, soz Hatty
  20. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I have a faint recollection of sparkys not being able to wait around and left during qualifying.
    DekGT5mad and Watto64 like this.