Division 4 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Sounds good,i'll open about 7.30. Can ppl please make sure they have done their oil changes,etc BEFORE they enter,not acceptable to go in and out like a yo-yo. See ya's then :)
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Well there's a good stable racenight for once! I think we'll stick with me for the host what you think Gary? If we stick to the ppl that don't have any issues as their routers are configured(If all could answer Y or N) entering first and the one or two that haven't come in last,we should go just as well next week:):):):)
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Oh, I nominate myselffor "pass of the round" on sparklehead in race 2,into T3,alongside cleanly through T4,completed on exit of T5! :thumbsup::D;)lol,my best in a long time!!!
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    No novel this week. Totally sucked this round. Race 2 rates a mention for the 5 laps I was near the front. Let Grassies by as I knew he was blitzing and Gary tried to sneak past too but oh no he'd have to wait. A wide run into turn 1 and Gary was alongside for the next two turns, but our sped was diminished to maintain our lines and tank squeezed by us both, with Watto ghosting and running wide trying a move at the same time. That lost me 2 spots and it was all downhill from there. A spin into the final corner braking area put me back to 2nd last with fubbles, and a great battle ensued, with fubbles eventually gaining the advantage. A couple of little lag jitters (not as bad as race 1) made me hesitate a few times and he pulled away when I could have maybe stayed with him. Well done Grassies on the double and fastest lap!! Different planet tonight.

On to the next round.
    JonoStan96, Watto64 and emmo46 like this.
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Room seemed stable for most however I had my first dsc in 3 seasons tonight. Hope it was just an isolated incident. Great driving Dek that battle with you and tank at the end of race 1 was great to watch. Two teammates racing hard and clean.
    DekGT5mad, Tanktex and stucar17 like this.
  6. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    With a bit of luck and consistancy I made my way up to fourth I race one, I was chasing down Mario then I go black screen of death and had to spectate for the remainder of the race. Race 2 I led the first 10 laps but seemed out of rhythm and I couldn't get enough of a lead and had Grassies on my tail. I was pretty defensive and slowed him up a bit (I had to give everyone ne a chance cause he was so damn quick but when he got the run up the inside Into the dogleg I backed out and have him the spot only to reclaim it a lap later after he got loose going up the hill. A great battle ensued with tank and Gaz and though they both came undone at the final corner on different laps I still didn't have the pace to get away from them. But I managed to salvage a few points it's for the round.
    DekGT5mad, Tanktex, Watto64 and 2 others like this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sounds like you guys had a reasonable night of racing :)
    DekGT5mad and SPL Racing like this.
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yep, was a good room, so lets stick with it. Hopefully SPL was an isolated incident.

Some good, close, fun racing tonight thanks guys, thoroughly enjoyed it. Going 3 wide through turns 5 & 6 was never gonna work though!
  9. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah great racing in our room very hard and clean with people showing great patience to pass even though they may have been much faster.
    Tanktex, DekGT5mad and AOCleaner74 like this.
  10. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Such a difficult track to pass on, u really had to wait for somebody to make a little error
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have to say, I think div 5 showed a great amount of maturity in regards to race-craft this round also. Of course you get little bumps, but all in all everyone seemed pretty happy (maybe not with their own pace however)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  12. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Well, that round totally sucked deluxe!!! Quallied P3, got punted Race 1, Lap1, Turn 3 into the fence and tried to play catch up for the rest of the race. Caught up to our serial lagger and tried to put a move on down the inside of turn 3 and got lag punted off the track which put me back to second last for the race. Race 2 saw me on P3 as SPL came back into the room on pole after his DSC but just didn't have the speed on this track and finished 6th but managed to keep it on the black stuff. Big congrats to Grassies on the double win and FL, Way too fast on the night and a qually lap of 10.7 was awesome. Goodbye Cape Ring, I'd like to say it was a pleasure but it wasn't. See you all at Suzuka!!!!
    DekGT5mad, JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had one of those too, I bet mine was better than yours. ;)
    DekGT5mad, JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  14. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Started & finshed 2nd in the first race, just couldn't get past Grassies anywhere with only slight mistakes, was a good race the gap only opening up to 2 seconds in the dying stages where the car was understeering and I knew i had no chance to pass, so slowed to ensure i didnt fly off the track. The second race was a shocker, tried to be cautious at T1, shouldn't have bothered, copped a penalty trying to avoid contact from cars in front and only got worse from there. Had plenty of pace, just couldn't get by anyone clean enough. Spun Dek around early which left us 6 seconds down. I brought it home in 8th after a gift from Turbo at the end of the night letting Dek & myself by.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    A night of disappointment really.
    Qualified 5th after sitting 3rd for most of the session, some great last minute runs by grassies & tank put them ahead.
    Great start off the line, took tank in the drag to T1, slotted in right behind Watto in 3rd spot. I carried a bit more speed into T3 than the first 3 cars and a result I tapped Watto on his left rear bumper mid corner, which was just enough to push him wide and onto the grass, so I pulled over and waited. Luckily he got going again pretty quickly so we didn't lose too much time.
    We caught back up to the pack fairly quickly. I eventually hit the wall of Fubbles. Everytime i got close enough to make a move, lag would spook me. He got a poor exit from turn 4 & 5 going up the hill and I was alongside and possibly even slightly ahead going into the chicane, but the lag slammed me sideways into the left fence, pinballing me into the other side, losing at least one spot.
    I believed I had the pace to reach the top 5 but all that time behind Fubbles meant I ran out of laps and finished 6th.

Race 2 started from 8th and got another good start. Into Turn 1 was right on the inside picking up a few spots from those who had gone wide, but Gary had some sort of issue or was baulked or something and was almost stopped dead, so I rammed him pretty hard. This bunched up the guys behind, and on the exit of the corner i was pushed by Dek into a half spin, so whilst I straightened up and he redressed, it mean the rest of the field got by (again.... NOOOOoooo).

Head down again, was catching the pack, but throughout the race I made a couple of silly errors to undo all the hard work I had done. Made a few passes and got up into 7th (after again a top 5 finish was looking likely if I could just keep it on track), but a stupid overshoot of the braking marker on the last corner of the penultimate lap gifted 2 positions to Dek & Jim and I eventually had to settle for 9th. Bugger.

Onto next week, Suzuka is definately not one of my favourites, never had a good result here, but you never know, especially with my surprise result @ Tokyo.
  16. fubbles888

fubbles888 Guest

Sorry if I caused so much turmoil from my lag, I'm genuinely sorry because my internet is really bad. I will get it fixed (hopefully) soon.
    God was my races were weird-lost my 6th position on the final lap and corner of the first race, then I ended up getting bumped wide on the banked corner which sent me into the wall. Not to mention a few mistakes of my own...
    DekGT5mad, garyw61 and Ad2mny like this.
  17. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Well considering I had no practice with the car, don't know/enjoy the track and my pace was a good 1 or 2 seconds a lap off everyone in quali (did a p.b in quali and still started in last place :poop:) I,m taking it as a massive win that I managed to get anything but last place overall.. @fubbles888 I checked out the replay of that second race and I reckon i didn't touch you on that bend, but if I did sorry mate, I always try to race fair and redress any punts i commit.
    looking forward to suzuka one of my fav tracks and one I usually get a decent result on, but saying that, you guys are quick.... It's good to be back
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well, glad that's over. My enthusiasm was running pretty high all week after a podium at Spa.... Until I ran a few laps at Cape Ring and all those memories from the McLaren series came flooding back.
    I got to low 12's and high 11's in practice and thought I might do ok.... Nope.
    Grassies came out with a blistering 1:10.798 to nab pole and I was back around 8th (I think). I started ok, but on lap 3, ran too deep into the esses at the top of the hill and hit the fence... Gary had no-where to go and collected the corner and killed his race. Then as he got going again, Ad2Mny came through the cloud of smoke and clouted Gary. We had some good racing bringing up the rear of the field though, especially when Sparky joined us down there. :)
    Race 2, started from 4th and went mega wide around turn 1 and had a lonely run by myself for most of the race. Other guys mistakes gave me a little bit of hope only for me to screw up again and again... and again on the last lap and almost let Ad through.
    Onto Suzuka :)
    Oh.. better put up some results..
    Race 1...
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Laps - Race 1
    [​IMG]
    Race 2...
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Laps - Race 2...
    [​IMG]
  19. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Was very enjoyable racing SPL
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  20. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    I had some of the closest hard fought battles with clean racing all round this round was extremely impressed with the respect amoungst our division fir each other on track whilst we all want a spot on the podium it wont come at the expense of someone elses race.
    Well done to all.
    DekGT5mad, Watto64, stucar17 and 4 others like this.