Division 4 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-6-entry-thread.3456/

Just let Stu know you are in on the above thread
    googe00 likes this.
  2. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Not my finest hour (and a half) last night.
    Qualified 4th, again car bogged on the start line and didn't want to move - auto clutch on too. Was last (11th) by the first corner!
    Managed to get up to 8th, had a bit of a battle with 7th and managed to take him too. I could see on the map the front runners just escaping, so had to think smart. Calculated that by using 1.9L of fuel per lap, the 100L I had in the tank could get me to the end... hmmmmm. So maintained 7th, taking it quite easy, and thought if I could get to lap 24 and my tyres were less than 50% worn, I'll go for it with no pit stop! Was running around 0.3 - 0.4s off my faster pace, so kept it smooth and conservative. Lap 24, and tyres looked good, so I said let's keep going! 2 or 3 laps in, the car just started sliding all over the place. Was 3 or 4 seconds a lap slower than my fastest. Made the call to pit in rather than fall further back, so came in to change tyres. What a mistake … it wasn't the tyre wear, it was the cold track just before dawn! Should have just stuck to my guns and continued on. Belted out some fast laps from L35 onwards, was about 15 seconds behind 6th, until I had an off going over the first blind crest, and another in T3 (or is it T4, the first of the left handers). Fell back to 25s behind, and basically finished in P7 - what a lonely race that was, especially at night.
    Oh well, onwards to Season 6. Definitely some lessons learnt this season.
    Will look out for others when I'm online over December / January!
    Congrats on everyone's results, quite enjoyed D4.
    Anthonyb and freddyp_33 like this.
  3. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Congrats to all on the season of good racing, although we did get off to shall we say a somewhat bumpy start in the first race :( However, after that by all accounts it was well done by everybody.
    A big thanks to @annelorrianne for hosting, did a great job coping with room difficulties & drop outs, well done.
    Also a big thanks to @stucar17 , @Bounty05 and the other admins for all their work during the season, can't happen without these guys & girls thanks again.
    As for last nights race, @Woody set a cracking qualifying time, good job. Qualified second and I was just happy to get a good start because it looked like a real fight behind me and I didn't want to get tangled up in that. Managed to get about a 14 second lead over Anne at the 24 lap mark when I pitted. Like an idiot I somehow turned off my traction control during the pitstop and wondered why I didn't do too much better on new tyres:mad:.
    Anne got back a few seconds in the second stint and thought I may be in trouble, luckily as the sun come back up I could bring my times down again. Sounds like it was fun back in the pack.
    Cheers to all and see you next season.
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Do you run traction control on. It bogs down with it on
  5. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    No, my settings are Authentic Aids, so everything is off for this car.
    Doesn't matter I guess, hopefully we use the Evo 6 next for some clutch-dumping four wheel drive launches, and H pattern shifting!
    Woody and Anthonyb like this.
  6. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    It would be great if we all knew what assists each other are using next season. I tried nothing but found I was locking the brakes too much based on my driving style so needed to switch the abs on low. It might help level the playing field a touch.

Great to see some of the div 4 people have signed on for Season 6 already! It looks like it might be an open wheeler this time round.

I’m on the game a fair bit so feel free to send me an invite if anyone has any rooms up and running. I might even host a couple of races too.
    micmansour and Anthonyb like this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Assists don't really level the playing field. Get used to using none and it will improve your driving.
  8. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    What beakeroo said plus make or get yourself a button box or like myself an elcheapo keyboard. Makes changing everything so much easier to change settings on the run
  9. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  10. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    My recap from the final race of the season - Set my personal best time in practice which I was really happy and surprised with. I then went even faster in qualifying and knocked 0.75 of a second of my PB. Got an OK start in the race but went way too cautious on the first corner letting @freddyp_33 through and @AdgeR502 snuck in from nowhere too. Manged to hold off @annelorrianne for a while and was able to get up into 2nd for a brief stint but then straight back to third. I just could not keep the speed up through the first corner and was losing plenty of time. Part way through the night I had a complete mental breakdown and lost where I was on track. Thinking I was coming up to the sweeping left hander it was too late when I realised it was actually the left hand hairpin and under heavy brakes I slammed into the side of @AdgeR502 . Thankfully he got going straight away only losing a single place to @annelorrianne . Once I got my car started I set out trying to make up time but pushing a little too hard kept making small mistakes and I ended up letting @George through. Somehow I managed to hold off @googe00 and once I pitted on lap 27 I started to get my rhythm back. I realised the championship had completely slipped away and the best I could hope for chasing down @George which I set out to do. Made some huge gains in the final laps and was able to get right on his tail through the final lap. I gave it everything I could but missed 4th place by a tenth of a second.
    I was really pleased to see that I snagged fastest lap, on the last lap and only beat @freddyp_33 (and my second last lap) by 0.001 of a second - can't get much closer than that!
    Was relieved that I didn't have to fight @micmansour this time!
    Thanks to everyone who raced this season and a big thanks to @annelorrianne for hosting the sessions. I hope you all sign up again for the next season and feel free to send me an invite anytime you see me online.
    George, stucar17, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, another season done and dusted. Went fast !

Have to say well done to @freddyp_33 n your championship mate, Get ready to move up next season along with a couple of faster steerers ;) Well done to @Woody and @George for rounding out the podium.

Thanks to everyone who managed to keep the grid numbers up for all but the last round. Pleasing to see 12 or 13 drivers there each week, we all know it adds to the racing and thats why we are here.
    Also have to single out @anne for the effort she put in to make things happen, running the rooms etc.... She always gave 100% effort to make it happen and had everyones best interest at heart. Hopefully the room issues are somewhat solved as we hit the new season in early 2019.

Thanks to everyone who hosted, and to @Bounty05 for the great job he did with the ladders.

Also wanted to thank everyone for continuing the very high driving standards yet again, with just 1 protest through all divs it really does make Mondays more enjoyable ! I know there were a few issues, but they were sorted on track and thats the way it should be. We will get the PAGNIAN prize draw sorted in the next few weeks when @Anon666 gets a chance to breath, so stay tuned for that.

Hopefully we see you all back for Season 6, Take a break, recharge the batteries, OR see you on track for some testing oe just cutting some laps with some crazy randoms for :):):):)s and giggles

Cheers stu
  12. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Congrats on the championship @freddyp_33 well done mate
    freddyp_33 likes this.
  13. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Thanks again to Stu & Anne for making it such an enjoyable season. Yes it was great to see the consistently large grids for div4
  14. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Anyone else from Div 4 brave enough to run in the endurance Nurburgring race tonight? :eek:
  15. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    What Endurance was that?
  16. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
  17. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID