Division 5 season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will be requesting a drop down to Div 5 for next season as I have been majorly outpaced all season in Div4 and I will still be on the controller. So hope to join you in your battles
    stucar17 and VARDZ like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you get to go to Div 5 then I should too. The competition is just as hot if not hotter in Div 5 though.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well I will request that I drop but it is not one of the decisions I make around here ;)
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @VARDZ is this correct? Homebrew then Chrystal
  5. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    guys - that's what I saw at the end of the race...
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Great season of racing everyone.
    Congratulations flash on the championship in your debut season
    Well done to the new guys who joined Div 5, you certainly made the regulars take notice and try harder and it was definitely good clean racing.
    Well I started from 8th and decided to hang back going into turn 1 to avoid carnage (and not cause any) and found myself in 6th when I came out the other side. I managed to get up to 4th but threw it away with a few too many shortcut penalties.
    Pitted lap 10 for ss tires and fuel and reentered the race in 10th. Got back up to 7th and everytime I got close to crimj i made an error or i received a shortcut penalty and the gap increased again (copped a really stupid one at ascari).
    Finished 7th in the race and 7th in the championship. Onwards and upwards for Season 5
    Thanks for the racing fellas and see you on track soon
    Stiffsht, flashfirst and emmo46 like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ditto.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  9. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    and I forgot to say thanks to Vardz for his work as captain of the room and homebrew for hosting duties and to all Team Raceonoz members for putting the season togehter :D
    webnomad and Stiffsht like this.
  10. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i really enjoyed my first season here on raceonoz a big thanks to mod team on how much work you guys put into this to make fun for everyone... also a big thanks to @VARDZ for making it a peaceful with next to no protests in div 5 and i would also like to thank @mmm_homebrew for being such a great host all season long and for being an awesome bloke and now to ALL OF THE DIV 5 DRIVERS i had a lot of fun driving with you guys all you guys raced hard n fair and it was really good to talk to each n one of you... you guys are the best bunch of guys i have ever met on PSN... finally congrats to @flashfirst on taking out the championship well done my brother from another mother and congrats to @Stiffsht for taking out the runner up and i think vardz might have 3rd by a pubic hair lol
    Stiffsht, Peter Wise and flashfirst like this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep, it was a pubic hair, maybe you should have stopped shaving down there and you might have got him
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Footlong_warrior and Peter Wise like this.
  12. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    congrats to the top 3 here... well deserved placings and go forth into the alien mothership :) ... and to the rest of D5 for good clean racing....I echo all the good things said by footlong and cooper... slickly organised process and racing - thank you guys ! .. something that helped me in the transition from D5 to D5... looking forward to the next season - all the best for the silly season.
  13. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Well done flash, you were the stand out driver of the season. Congrats to the other place getters and all the other drives in our division. I have enjoyed competing with everyone this season and have had some good battles along the way. Thanks to Vardz and homebrew for their continued hard work, it is much appreciated. Well done all and can't wait for next season.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Well what can i say about my night...Knew i didn't have the pace of the others as my fastest lap can attest to and further proven by the fact that i only broke the 2 minute mark in 3 of the 22 laps. But i tried and succeeded in not making any major mistakes, keeping the car pointed in the right direction and staying out of trouble.
    Qualifying saw me again nail my last available lap and go from P8 to my starting Position of P3. The start of race was relatively clean a little bump on flash which i redressed thru the first right sweeper immediately but flash managed to out brake himself at the following chicane allowing most of the field thru and leaving him in 8th. I had 1 goal in mind and that was to come home in front of Footlong and Chrystalmit, with that it would secure the final step on the Championship Podium. So when I settled in for the first run up to the parabolica I had a moment to check the running order and could see Chryst in 7th and Foot outside the to top 10. WOW what happened to Foot... I would later find out that T1 for pack behind me was very ugly. But this gave me the thought of what strategy do I go with now that I don't have to push on the SM's I decided to give it 3 laps as this would reduce my time spent in the pits on my 2nd stop to just the tyre change. By the end of lap 3 I had opened a gap back to 3rd and was feeling comfortable on the SM's for the first time since starting to practice for this race so a 1 stop it would be.
    Lap 4 and Flash have carved his way thru the field as he had done previously and had me in his sights on the run to Roggia and he made short work of me as I didn't need to fight...not that I had ammunition anyway. So onward to lap 10 where I had planned to stop. Was happy on exiting from my stop that I had only dropped to 5th and the 2 in front of me other than flash and V8 were chryst who was yet to stop and stiff who had stopped very early so was on a 2 stopper so I thought this is going better than I thought or had even hoped for. I had hoped I would stay out of trouble and this was really the case as I can't remember having to pass anybody. Lap 14 and as the gap to V8 in front of me was continuing to grow and the gap behind to Stiff of 9 seconds would start to diminish, I continued to run the number I know I could without pushing thinking the time is coming that I will need to try and maintain or extend the gap to stiff just to put a little pressure on him. That time came with 4 laps to run..with the gap reduced 2 secs I wanted a reward for my night and that was for me a podium finish. A couple of quicker laps from me firstly my FL of the race followed by 2 more seemed to do the trick as the gap widen back to 3+ secs as the 21st lap started. From here I went back to my times from earlier in the race for the final 2 laps and the final margin was about 5 seconds back to Stiff and with that 3rd place in the championship chase in my keeping.
    I learnt a lot about myself and my ability in a situation where I need to stay straight and keep it clean.
    Congratz to Flash for yet another dominant performance and your championship. To Stiff for your 2nd place in the title chase. To V8 Congratz on you 2nd podium finish of the season.
    See you all next season
    Stiffsht and Peter Wise like this.
  15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Thanks for the good racing everyone and thanks to Footlong_warrior and Crimj1985 for telling me about this raceonoz I'm glad I went and had a look just wish I had know sooner I hope next season is just as good if not better hope to be racing you all again this coming weekend
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    corr
    corrected cheers boys
  17. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i'm glad me and @Crimj1985 got you on to it v8... and you'll be one of many to watch next season
    Peter Wise likes this.
  18. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    with flash and stiff moved on, if they both do, it's going to be one hell of a battle at the front next season!
    flashfirst and Footlong_warrior like this.
  19. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    great season fellas:thumbsup: top job flash (AHH AHH) too quick m8:thumbsup: and vards 2sneak in2 3rd:thumbsup: awesome car, great tracks, good clean drivers, very well set up & controlled hats off to Stu & the mods:thumbsup::thumbsup: bring on next series!!!
  20. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    congrats every1 in this season and thanks guys for recommending me to the site their r alot of great drivers thanks for the season cant wait for the next 1
    :D:thumbsup: