Division 5 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry for the first lap touch @Blue XR8 , I was on softs while you were on hards and I was trying to pass around the outside in the last tunnel. Nearly had it done but then you drifted wide and I touched you just as I went on the grass trying to avoid the contact. I should have been more patient and passed you on the straight like I did on the next lap. Sorry mate, It probably cost you a good result judging by your FL.
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    A few of us only had 8 of 11 cars in room 1.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Complete cock up from me tonight, did a PB 1:47.427 to get third on the grid only to accidently bump the shifter into 4th before the start and lost three places, two of those guys on hards to my softs. I tried to pick my way through the hard runners only to touch BluXR8 and putting us back to 2nd last and last with a spin. I quickly caught blu again on the next lap and passed on the straight and with footlong head butting the pit entrance wall I was back up to 9th out of 11. It took until lap 5 to get back in front of all the hard runners and into 4th but by then the other soft runners were looong gone.
    I made it to 1st position before my pit on lap 14 and was probably still in the hunt for a reasonable finish but I forgot to swap to hards and had to pit again on lap 15. After that I was over a minute behind and with a couple of other blunders including imitating footlong with a head butt into the Pit entrance wall I was left straggling along at the back. The only interest for the final third of the race was pushing like crazy on worn tyres trying to keep from being lapped.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  4. Blue XR8

Blue XR8 Rookie Gold Member

all good emmo thats racing it happens
    Stiffsht likes this.
  5. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    another awesome season once again hats off to all the mods i can only see rooz getting better (if thats possible) with the numbers rockin up. not sure which 1 was better the last 2 cars are goin2 be hard to beat! as 4 last nite wat a anticlimax had no clue wat to start on or when to pit but knew i was doin a 3 stoppa i thought Emmo & Hat would do a 2 stop so my plan was to smash my tires till they got slow and hope 4 3rd i think me slowest lap was 152.8 started on softs nothing between me & Hat for 10 laps id get away and he'd catch me on the right handers after conserving on them early laps. i pitted on 10 and got about 13sec crossover on Hat in the 2extra laps he done on softs and was catchin Emmo by 14 when he pitted then again on 15:eek::oops: bad luck m8! i knew e1 could get 46s so didnt really know where i was then Hat pitted and knew he was on 3stops i had a pretty clear run to the end i would pit then next lap traffic would pit:thumbsup: 13 13 12 to the end (no its not a sexline number thats when i pitted)
    another clean division 5 im hoping a few more guns join soon so i can stay (lol i like div5:() anyway great racing with all you blokes and good luck next season:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Really sorry about you not being able to race easyprey :(
    I couldn't see you at first which isn't a problem for me but if we met on track it would smash you off if we connected so I didn't want to ruin it for you.
    Then when you got stuck on track on my screen, I was worried that this might cause major issues on race start which is why we tried cabs room.
    Unfortunately when you couldn't get in, it was now too late to attempt another room. I have had a similar thing happen to me in the past so I know it sucks but it is just what happened.
    It shouldn't matter if you are slow or fast, you should get the same chance to race. Which is why, when I couldn't see only you, I suggested a new room as I didn't want to crash into you. It was just unlucky that it resulted in you being unable to race at all. Without knowing that would happen, wouldn't you rather being able to be seen by all drivers to avoid any possible collisions?
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    As for the race, well done @Stiffsht on the win and the championship! I qualified second, 0.1 of a second off stiff's pole time.
    Had the great jump and was first by turn 1 only for stiff to make a cheeky dive into the left before the tunnel. I wasn't too fussed as I could get some slipstream but then he pulled away until his tires allowed me to catch up again.
    But after the first stops he had a decent gap and this only grew as the race went on.
    Happy with second with only a few minor errors.
    Stiffsht and emmo46 like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The only pleasing thing about my night was that I was able to hold or close the gap to the leaders towards the end of each stint, I was too far back for that to matter though after all my cock ups.
    Stiffsht likes this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    In that first stint i was confused as what strategy you were on...i thought you were on softs as you Q'd P3 but then i saw you at the tail of the field. But then toward the end of the stint you must have conserved your rubber well as you were gaining seconds a lap.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, it was an unusual strategy :confused:, I actually burned more of my tyres than I wanted trying to wrestle my way back past all the hard tyred guys, they certainly weren't making it easy. I lost 3 positions off the line by being in 4th gear and had to find my way back through the field.
    After the lap one debacle where I clipped BluXR8 while trying to pass around the outside in the last tunnel while he wrestled with Jason, I was dead last and knew my race was ruined. After that I settled to just closing the gap on them around the track and slipstreaming past them on the straight, even then they would run me right to the apex under brakes and make me lean on the tyres more than I wanted.
    My original plan was to go to lap 15 on the softs but had to pit on lap 14 with the LF on 2. I managed to get back on strategy though by forgetting to put on RH tyres and having to come back in on lap 15 anyway. :thumbsdown:
  11. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Overall that was a really enjoyable first season for me. Big thanks to all the racers involved and a huge thanks to Stu and his team of mods. Seems to be a reasonably big undertaking all for love and they do the job very very well. Its been fun to race somewhere where every one is accountable for their actions on track and the mid week practice sessions leading up to race day were great.

And last but not least to PD or who ever runs the servers you can eat a big dick!
    Watto64, Peter Wise, CAB77 and 6 others like this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's great hat, I wasn't expecting to see the lap chart with it being 48 laps, great work. :thumbsup:. You have me down as pitting on 14 and 16, I actuall pitted 14 and 15.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the pitstops may always be a lap off either side as I record positions etc from my point of view of crossing the line each lap. So on '14' (which stands for end of lap 13 and start of 14 (for me)) you were either in the pits, or had completed a stop where you were not in the pits when I crossed the line the lap prior (if that makes sense).
    emmo46 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    And this folks wins my "post of the year" award.....LMAO :roflmao:
    agolfer78, Peter Wise and Stiffsht like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It does. :thumbsup:
  18. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Oh f@#! Yeah happy to finish 3rd. Had an awesome first season can't believe I didn't join sooner.
    Had a few good chances at the win but didn't manage that yet. Highlights was battle with @Stiffsht at silverstone and chasing @Hatfield at fuji. I found out I suck at tight circuits like Tokyo. Congrats to stiff and hat hope you are back next time because I need to beat you lol. Cheers to all involved in organizing this, rooz is a great community.
  19. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Ah its nice to win something lol
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield