Division 7 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Feb 3, 2015.

1. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Kieran, at grand valley did you run a 2 or 3 stop strat?

Despite the restart of the race, seemd like Devi1man as host worked pretty damned good.
    Might be worth you doing it again Devi1man come Sunday.
    Then again a few DSC wouldn't hurt...
  2. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I ran a 3 stop
    Started on hards, pitted lap 13 for new hards, pitted lap 26 for softs, pitted again lap 37 for hards.
  3. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Nice. So caught me softs and somewhere went from the 30 second gap out to a minute - that's what left me scratching my head, thinking maybe you'd done a 2 stopper for the win.
    I started on softs and intended on pitting lap 11 but forgot so ducked in on lap 12 for the first of my Hard stints, 3 stopper.
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    It may have been down to clean air? Was you battling with anyone in the final stint? I'm pretty sure I had clean air through most of my last stint.
  5. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I think only up to when the gap hit 30 seconds was it a bit rough. My last pit stop was lap 35. I think you did well sticking the softs where you did. So clean air for me from lap 31...just couldn't match it ;) I did choose softs to start with purely for QF reasons...which got stuffed up...and prob chewed through the softs quicker than intended but no no I won't get defensive about it lol
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

8. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    ^ one of these days I'll have to join some of these other events. Time management thing...I can cover Sunday league nights fine...I guess offseason gaps could be filled...

On a serious note, I just parked a couple of brown Cadillacs in the white porcelain garage. Game on boys! :thumbsup:
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    oh crud, 202mb update! just starting it now........we'll see how I go!
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Fuji Re-Run Results:
    [​IMG]
    8th) StigsOzCousin DSC lap 7 FL: 1:43.029
    Pole: sooby_scott
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Pretty bummed with my pit entry mistake. Blacko and Kieran had the edge but I was there...ya couldn't get away from me. Then on that first pit stop decided to change it up and go one more lap and give myself some air. Come around to pits and felt like my entry was going too slow so hit the X button....of course confirming tyres and petrol before i could ever yell WTF!

Going out on softfs for a second stint (I pitted next lap to get on the hards) is a no no. Any kind of penalty for that, points wise? or time penalty. Take note Hat.

Def had a top 3 in me. Two guys in front of me battling it out helped keep me in touch. Just needed one of ya to push too hard lol instead from lap 15 I just kept swearing at myself.

Sorry to anyone at the start of that race btw, having the inside line from the starting grid into the first corner was a nightmare I wasn't expecting.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    bad luck mate. no penalty required if pitted the next lap for hards
  13. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    The bad luck devils came down on you hard tonight, definitely would of had made mine and @LITTLEBLACKO942s battle more interesting with a 3rd car involved.
  14. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Yeah I was a bit unhappy with a 2 car battle went back to spa round 3 @Kieran_B33
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Curious to see final championship numbers.......no rush :)
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    should have it done tomorrow
    CastrosfriendChe and Kieran_B33 like this.
  17. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    Man I was just hoping blacko would make a mass mistake so kieran could take first and I could significantly catch up
  18. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I shoulda pitted when you guys did, my original plan was that lap too. I need next season to start and do something spectacular so I can forget about tonight lol Granted I did once take someone out on the first corner of a race once, crap like that is sould destroying, so I'll live lol

Good job Bevo with getting 3rd ;) good pace.
    Kinda felt like everyone had good pace...maybe the hardest part is strigning together a flawless run with zero mistakes. I know that's the devil on my back...that and being tailed. Can't stand that pressure lol
  19. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I thought maybe Kieran was heading for a DSC. A couple walls of smoke, I thik I tapped you from behind at one point and felt like an easy redress...suddenly you're 20m up the road lol very jittery. Still, overall a good connection for the race :thumbsup:
  20. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17