F1 (CM) F1 2016 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sam D Blacklock, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    [​IMG]
    Decided to make this thread due to some interest shown towards F1 2016.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Having brought and played every copy of the Codemasters iterations of the F1 games I have been let down by the last 2 games where the quality and number of features just dropped off. Am very pleased to see there is more community feedback for this years game and i am more and more interested in how the game will be this year, but at the same time I am still a bit skeptical that they can actually produce the game we have all been requesting.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au

I've usually enjoyed the F1 games, but always found other titles (GT6, PCars, AC) have better physics, more replayability and more depth - the only thing these games usually have going for them is that it's F1... but now u get get F1 like cars in other, better games so its losing it drawcard for me... lets hope there are other factors in this one that can improve on the lacklustre 14/15 games...
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    If the physics are still stupid and if it's more fun on a controller than a wheel (no seriously, F1 2015 sucks balls on my T500) I'll be very disappointed. Still, I'm happy that this looks like the first game in over 3 years that they've put any genuine effort into.
  5. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    I actually dont mind F12015 (The only other F1 games i played were some of the PS1 games and F1 2011) and sure there isn't a lot of features, but the driving is where i start to get interested. Not sure if anyone else would agree but the wheel-spin is extremely over exaggerated, i find that running with TC on medium makes the game feel how it should (apart from the engine cutting), i really hope this is different in 2016 as i literally cant feather the throttle to get out of a corner, i have to either have a small crack at it then come back off the throttle or shift into like 6th on a 2nd-3rd gear exit.
  6. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    [​IMG]
  7. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Lol, the fact i have driven the V8sc on iracing which requires so much throttle control means that ain't true, although being a kiwi i do keep my foot in it when it get sideways, i think that's why i always stuffed up in season 1 haha.
    But seriously i hope the traction is better because i dont wanna get aids.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That's exactly what pissed me off about F1 2014/5, the traction is ludicrously unpredictable coming out of slow bends and it's just frustrating.
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    That's the result of the change in engine regulations in F1, not necessarily the game - The older 2.4L NA V8 made max torque at around ~16,000RPM (without KERS) and you could just mash the go pedal on exit. The newer 1.6L Turbos with both the MGU-H and K will make max torque almost straight away - meaning your grip limited at almost every corner.

Agree that it's frustrating and difficult to drive but that's what the drivers have to deal with.

I don't expect the 2016 game will be much different on that front.
  10. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    The Mclaren Honda on Iracing is no where near that bad.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I understand that, but when there is literally nothing you can do about it, and you watch helplessly as the AI pull seconds out of every traction zone, it makes you want to use the disc as a frisbee. I maintain that the hybrid F1 cars on sims such as AC are far easier to drive than on Codies because the traction loss feels forced and completely unrealistic.
  12. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Fair call - I only put a few hours into F1 2014 before shelving it so it's been a while. Will wait to see how the new game is
  13. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    ISR F1 2016 Impressions

14. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    F1 2016 Ferrari Sebastian Vettel Brazil E3 2016
    stucar17 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  15. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I think it is more the pedal calibration that is stuffed in 2015. You only need to press the pedal 10% and it's pretty much at 100% throttle. I tried lots of different settings with no luck. Hope 2016 is better.
  16. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Actually yes, that is correct, i think because they left out the saturation settings it makes it quite difficult to adjust anything with the throttle.
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Latest vid released

Spidey_11 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    and heres a comparison with a PCars (PC) Formula A lap on Silverstone of mine

19. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    hey! I beat your time trial at silverstone on the weekend! You came up as my rival! haha
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Lol, only time trial i ever did at silverstone was in the sauber, all assists on and auto transmission so i could grind out two trophys while listening to music haha.