F1 (CM) F1 2016 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sam D Blacklock, Jul 8, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Personal reviews guys? Have you played it and is it worth me getting?
    If I do get it, is there an option to do a co-op championship with an online friend and if so who's keen??
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It blows any previous effort from Codemasters out of the water, best F1 game since F1 Championship Edition.

There's really no option to do a co-op season but because you can make a multiplayer season with 1-21 other human players there's your co-op championship right there.

I'm doing a season right now with Mustafur.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  4. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Sweet. I'm getting it today them :)
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Seriously considering a visit to JB to get a PS4 and this game. If nothing else, F1 has awesome tracks you don't get in any other game.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Alright boys, help me out and others with some force feedback settings on different wheels and which career difficulty you've selected and how difficult the AI is on that setting I.e. Their lap times.
    I'm running a t300rs and wheel weight has been reduced to 80%.
    Started on medium difficulty with Sauber and AI in practice are 1:33 at Melbourne.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm running 80% ffb everything else on max. Once I super glue my wheel to the screw it'll go back to 100%.
    I'm on expert difficulty in a Toro Rosso, AI are in the high 20's region.
  8. its-benny-racer

PS4 + F1 2016 + 12 month PSN acquired!
    Crunch, Spidey_11 and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Send me a friend request benny
  11. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Best settings I've found fab wise
    In that order. Can't imagine will be too different for ps4. I put steering linearity to 70% if anyone can test would be good
  12. its-benny-racer

I now understand how Dand Ric hit the wall at Baku LOL! Brake just a little bit too late and you hit that wall every time. Nice circuit though.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Do you really use that side sitting camera? I don't use cockpit but the one above which is centred.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well in this game you can almost limitlessly adjust the T cameras to whatever you like, I hated the stupid fake shaking and turning of the last games, so for the video I turned it off and used the tv one. Otherwise I use the central camera.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I bought the game today. Lots to talk about:

1. The shift beep is broadcast through the TV audio, not the headset/earpiece. It would be very nice if it came out of the earpiece just like the engineer's voice.
    2. Weekend tyre allocations always force you to have at least 2 more sets of the hardest compound over what the average F1 teams actually used, even on the softest allocation. The hardest allocation gives an absurd amount.
    3. It would be really nice if the MFD was on the actual wheel display and not on the HUD. It takes out the immersion.
    4. The MFD UI is far less intuitive than tinkering with your car was in previous years. You can't make adjustments quickly at all.
    5. The MFD is also very invasive. The entire menu stays open unless you press square 4 times to get rid of it.
    6. Ultimate AI is either broken or deliberately set to compete with the inevitable setups that break the game. I chose Red Bull in Pro Career, and I can't get out of Q1 on Options, doing my absolute best. Further, I then went to Time Trial and got the best time I'm capable of on my historically best track, and then did an Ultimate AI qualifying session. Once again, I came in 22nd in the Red Bull. I find it absurd that I could easily get in the top 10 leaderboards and the odd world record on F1 2012 and F1 2013, and then get crushed by the AI on this game. I don't know what happened, and the only remaining justification I have is that - once again - there will be freak custom setups that break the laws of physics so that we can actually compete with the Ultimate AI. I certainly can't compete currently, and I'd love to know if anyone else can. I loved F1 2015 and I thought the Legend AI was a step in the right direction for the series, and I had to do a decent comeback to get the championship victory in a Red Bull there. But Ultimate AI is neither fair nor fun. I almost feel like taking the game back, just because I've always expected a very fun challenge each year from the F1 games, as I was able to collect the fruits of working damn hard on F1 2011 to get my driving style to suit the physics. I'm not looking to sink hundreds more hours in to suss out the secrets of the setups, but that's probably what is needed to race on Ultimate.
  17. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Point 5. Hold down circle to get rid of MFD straight away
    Point 6. Are you seriously upset with the game less than 1 week out and you can't beat the game on the hardest difficulty??? If you did then why would you continue playing the game? They said they put in a very tough ultimate level due to fans request to make a section of the game as hard as it could.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Crunch likes this.
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Yea you may as well return the game if you can't win on ultimate difficulty after having the game for a day and not having explored all the setup options in depth... whats the point in even playing it? :rolleyes:
    JonoStan96 and Spidey_11 like this.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I've seen plenty of Youtubers do well on Ultimate, it's just a very hard difficulty, if your open for a challenge then how is it a bad thing.

Also the MFD can be closed if you just hold Circle, you don;t need to press it 4 times to remove it.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Crunch likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Can't agree with the MFD, from a Thrustmaster F1 rim user all I have to do is flick the the dials for fuel mix and brakes, far, far easier than stuffing around on a d pad.
    Ultimate is stupid fast but it was put in there because it was requested.

Plus I don't believe any F1 team has their fuel mix and brake bias displayed on the screeen.