Fanatec Fanatec Problems

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Caddo, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Caddo

Caddo New Recruit

Having some kind of short issue with Club Sport V1 pedals and Porsche GT3 RS wheel, PS3 platform.

Initially each time the brake pedal was pushed, the wheel lost connection with the PS3, pausing the game until the error message cleared.
    Tried changing the brake load cell without luck, now the brake & accelerator are both doing it !! AAAHHHHGGGG!!!

I'm a little lost with electronic gear, is there anyone in Sydney that repairs/services this gear?
    I can't afford a whole new Fanatec set up and really like the gear I have.

Pretty new to this, I'd appreciate any help you can give greatly, cheers
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi mate,

One of the boys will know who fixes this stuff

I had a quick look at our sponsor " the gamesmen " but they do mainly thrust master stuff.
    Could ring them and ask?

I will promote your thread tomorrow in the shoutbox and see if we can get some answers

What game do you play mate ?

Stu
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hi Caddo,

Welcome to the forum. Welcome also to the world of Fanatec!! Great products, the best in fact...when they are working. I have the V1 pedals, I'm on my 3rd load cell, second lot of accel and brake sensors, and have had to replace the main board as well.
    Plug it into your PC and check all the pedals are working there first, but it will either be one of the wires running to the main board or the main board. You can get fanatec to send you those parts, just go to http://au.fanatec.com/index.php set up an account and email them with the problem. If it's not a warranty claim, then you just pay for the parts and they send it over.

If it's a warranty you will send it to Peter Reed down in Melbourne and he fixes it and sends it back.

Good luck mate, I hope this helps.
  4. Caddo

Caddo New Recruit

Thanks guys
    I'm playing F1 2011 & GT5 at the minute.
    Anon666, great to hear all the gear is replaceable, I guess I need to get used to trouble shooting the problems. I might draw on some more of your experience if that's OK?
    Just checking the configuration of the brake pedal firstly. The 1" foam/sponge piece pushes against the brake load cell right? Or does it go between the 1" steel rod and the longer steel rod that screws into the pedal and holds the spring in place?
    I took photos of the pedals all together but this bit isn't quite clear, & I pulled it apart a little quickly.
    Going to have a go connecting it to the PC, haven't done that yet, only been operating from the PS3.
    Probably will have some more dumb questions coming soon....thanks again for the help
  5. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    I went through 3 sets of that wheel, had the same problem randomly resetting itself during races, only ever did it on PS3, I actually won s few races so long as it reset me on the straights! Didn't have anything to do with the pedals for me tho. Now I've got a T500, it like to press random buttons for no reason, which is bad cause it turned on my pit limiter every qually lap I had last night and forced me to retire from the race after I crashed I realized it had changed my swaybars on me! Both wheels cost me $650. Only wheels I've seen without issues like this is Logitech sadly.
  6. Caddo

Caddo New Recruit

Thanks for the feedback Neishy,
    I'm going to try and move it to the PC and see what happens. Another racer mentioned they had replaced the pedal sensors a few times and main board on the pedal set as well.
    Dont know what other pedal sets are like, but the Fanatec wiring and electronics seem to be very exposed in an area where feet are going berserk!!
    What does your average racer spend a year to keep this gear running? I'd probably spend 3-4 hours a week racing on it.
    I'm into slot cars as well and maybe 2 ongoing costs is 1 too many for my measly budget!
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Caddy the foam bit goes in second, the metal bit sits against the load cell. Also on the underside of the pedals arms are little allen bolts, make sure those suckers are tight. They have covered up the wires and sensors a lot better in the V2 pedals (yes I have them too, and yes numerous parts have been replaced under warranty). Neishy may be right though, it could be a problem with the wheel and nothing to do with the pedals. Tbh I would contact Fanatec, they will offer some help. From memory though, that particular wheel is pretty hard to get inside of?? Replacing parts may not be an option. Get it hooked up to the PC man, see what the software is telling you.

And how much do we spend?? I retired from hockey about 3 years ago, and compared to that this is cheap. $900/yr in fees, $400/yr for stick and shoes, plus $5-600 to travel around to different grounds. If I did a rep trip, then there's another grand. Even if I buy a new wheel each year (which I don't), I'm still in front.

And Neishy, don't say that, I've just started running a T500 because I'd hoped it was more reliable?!?!?
  8. Caddo

Caddo New Recruit

Much appreciate the help guys. Have connected the wheel & pedals to PC, all is good according to the diagnostics
    Ran an rFactor demo wihout any problems!!
    Went back to the PS3, and same disconnection issue.
    After hearing Neishy say he's had the same problem with 3x Fanatec wheels disconnecting on PS3, starting to think that the Logitech G27 is the wheel for me.
    If I was to sell the Fanatec Porsche GT3 wheel, do you think it best to hang onto the Fanatec pedal set, or are they not very compatible with Logitech wheels?
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The pedals with work with any wheel on the PC, but only with a Fanatec wheel on the PS3. Assume it will be the same for the PS4.
  10. Caddo

Caddo New Recruit

Cheers mate
    I take it all back about selling the wheel.
    I've been focusing too much on playing F1 2011 on PS3, as F1 is my favorite racing category by a long shot.
    Had a long testing session with GT5 on PS3 and the wheel is playing without an problems, just like on the PC with rFactor.

Looks like it's down to a setting or compatibilty issue with F1 2011 on PS3. Any settings that come to mind?
    I might try and borrow a copy of F1 2013 off a mate and see if there's any change. Will also contact Fanatec to get their input.
    A wee bit embarrassed at this stage.....:oops: