F1 (CM) Formula1 Masters Championship

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Crunch, Mar 9, 2014.

?

Which specific setting for 'Rules and Flags' would be the best suited for this championship?

1. Realistic (complete game policing - zero league stewarding)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Reduced (high game policing - potential post-race league stewarding)

50.0%
  3. Corner Cutting Only (zero game policing - complete league stewarding)

50.0%
  1. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    With a new and unpredictable Formula1 season beginning, the world of motorsport's elite drivers are back pushing the limits of speed. Would it not be a thrilling experience to become a Formula1 driver for a full season? Just imagine the gruelling concentration required to hold optimal pace for a full Grand Prix length race. To experience the tension of qualifying, the precision of constant car control, and the risk and reward of tyre and fuel strategies as a driver is the stuff of dreams!

Now's your chance, dear reader!!

In what will undoubtedly be a legendary championship worthy of its title, the proposed 'Formula1 Masters Championship' will take FULL & COMPLETE advantage of Codemaster's 'F1 2013' game on PlayStation3. The premise is an uncompromising championship that aims to deliver a truly unique online league racing experience: a gritty and realistic simulation of a full F1 season! There will be no* 'watering' down of settings in the pursuit to host a championship replica of the dramatic stakes and mastery a Formula1 season offers. You will be hard-pressed locating a league with this much emphasis on realism!

With real world prizes for the 'World Drivers' Champion' and 'World Constructors' Champion' team, now is your chance to demonstrate your open-wheel racing prowess!

The championship will be open to all Australians with a PlayStation3 and the F1 2013 game. This includes participants of any skill level, as the championship is attempting to replicate the thrill of a Formula1 season, regardless of driver pace. Anyone with the passion for Formula1 is free to experience racing simulation at its finest!

Proposed date and start time: Tuesday the 25th of March, 2014, at 6:30pm AEST

The room settings will be as follows:

RACE SETTINGS
    -Participation Level: Short Weekend - Short Qualifying
    -Race Distance: 100%
    -Safety Car: On
    -Car Assignment: Player's Choice
    -Weather Setting: Dynamic
    -Track Selection: [Full 2013 19 Grand Prix Season]

SIMULATION SETTINGS
    -Rules and Flags: [Negotiable]**
    -Parc Fermé: On
    -Car Damage Simulation: Full
    -Car Performance: Equal*
    -Collisions: Full

ASSIST RESTRICTIONS
    -Braking Assist: Banned
    -ABS: Banned
    -Traction Control: Banned
    -Dynamic Racing Line: Banned
    -Gearbox: Restrict to Manual
    -Pit Assist: Banned

SESSION SETTINGS
    -Max Players: 14
    -Privacy: Invite Only

*A very important element of online league racing is fairness, for which reason, realism will be sacrificed with the Simulation Setting > Car Performance > Equal. Save this specific setting, all settings are respective of a true Formula1 season.
    **This setting will be up to debate as to the extent of the game itself in policing car contact and incidents, ranging from 'Corner Cutting Only' (zero game policing - league debate & sanctions) to 'Realistic' (complete game policing - zero league stewarding). There is currently a forum poll open to deliberate the extent of 'Rules and Flags'.

Please, post now in this thread with your interest and comments! How does the starting date and time suit you?
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Are we racing in holidays, I'll be away then.
    And personally, that's not a great time for me (as in starting date), see where the general consensus is. I'd rather start after hols but I know that's ages away.
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I personally wouldn't schedule races during any week with a prominent public holiday. I presume you are referring to the Easter holidays? From experience, you get the most sign-ups from people during the peak events: game release, start of F1 season, announcement of the next title. So what I'm alluding to is that propping the championship up a fortnight after the Australian Grand Prix is very ideal, because people remember how exciting F1 is and search / join a league.
  4. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    did you get any takers for this event sound like it would be awesome
  5. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Nope. It would be awesome, and I would still like to do it. I can still find drivers outside of the ROOZ community to come on board as well, but I never started or tried to bolster this championship because the outright lack of posts. If people aren't interested, I can't do anything to change that. It would be super nice to have an F1 2013 championship though because next game is next-gen, and the cars will be very different, and I've honed my skills for the past two years with extreme downforce.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'll have a go, depending on HSC.
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Looking back, I highly doubt myself to commit to this as well as Sunday series, let alone with 100% races.