From 2 to 4 wheels... Hi

Discussion in 'New Members' started by mtbmuz, Aug 8, 2017.

1. mtbmuz

mtbmuz New Recruit

Just signed up. I come from a background in motorcycles and mountain biking...neither of which I can do as much nowadays. having a few medical issues. Just had surgery and am stuck at home for another month or so. I'm bored sh1tless with Netflix after the first few days, so thought bugger it, I need to find a new pashion to keep me sane for the next few weeks. I splashed out on some nice kit from Pagnian (hopefully wife won't check the credit card account) which will hopefully be here in a couple of days. I'm pretty much a sim racing newbie, so really looking forward to getting into it. So where do I start?
    Cheers
    Muz.
    Peter Wise and Hatfield like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Hi Muz welcome to rooz are you pc or ps4?
  3. mtbmuz

mtbmuz New Recruit

Sorry, should have mentioned that. I've got a good PC setup, so am leaning that way. If more of the racing is occurring on consoles, I may grab one as well.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hey Muz welcome to ROOZ mate.
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You'll find Assetto Corsa and iRacing on PC here, or Project Cars and F1 2016 on PS4.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Muz welcome. Been watching the UCI DH worldcup?
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    In terms of where to start grab a copy of Assetto Corsa from steam and look for Raceonoz in the online server menus. If you have a mic jump in discord for a chat and there will be crew there happy to talk you through any queries. Monday is official race night. Thursdays and weekends usually best turn outs for practice sessions.

Discord details here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/pc-rooz-voip-discord.173/

Have a poke around the season threads for more details : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/monday-night-assetto-corsa-pc.49/
    And the general regs: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Anthonyb, mtbmuz and dj2ca like this.
  8. tafamare

tafamare Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    tafamare, Steam: pixel_therapy
    Hi,
    Welcome to the site! Also hope you recovery is going well mate !
  9. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Didn't know there were fellow DH fans on here, @mtbmuz I had a decent OTB which has put me out of action with a shoulder injury, but also restricts me from getting on the sim rig. Bit late but welcome.