ACC Fun Run! Early Access

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

I'm easy with whatever, really. Just as long as it doesn't go too late on a week night.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Yeah latest is an enduro at would finish around 10.45pm, but they are only an official league season race... no fun runs got that late.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If we ever wanted a longer race we could just start the races earlier but would need to know what time people are available, its always tricky to find days and times that suit the most especially on week nights.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Unfortunately the rain hasn't started here yet but is bound to do so in the next hour or so, maybe I will be back in time for a race but need to go until the rain causes a washout.
  5. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Would Friday nights work for most people?
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For me it would be 50/50, I would definatly jump in if I was around but Friday night and weekends I have less free time then during the week usually.
  7. Rolz

Friday nights are generally out for me as they are movie night with the wife...
    When I have had a free Friday I find them the quietest followed closely by Saturday... people must be out doing stuff instead of being stuck at home with kids lol :D
    Last night ended up a PITA, was just getting settled in to do some laps with the new gear and had a work call (I'm on call this week) so that basically went until about 10pm and screwed my night...
    I will be on Satuday night regardless as I still have to do some more tuning to do in ACC for my new wheelbase :thumbsup:
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I will be an irregular drop in at best any night so do what works for you guys and hopefully I can throw down to support numbers sometimes. :thumbsup:
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will be on a few nights a week at least, ideally if all interested can get their SA rating up so we can get a few into these servers. Once there is a reasonable number in others will join, if you get a reasonable number in an open server then it generally turns to crap and is a waste of time for all.

Using passworded servers is great for racing with freinds but if wed like to attract more good clean racers to the league. Having a goto clean server with people in most nights is a great way to do this.

To get the SA rating up you need to reach 50 in all other rating classes, everyone Ive raced with at ROOZ can easily manage this with a few km. The one that catches many out is the PC rating, this is your pace in the fixed special events and you need to be get 50 rating here to unlock SA. Again all here shoukd easily manage this and the hotstints are even easier as many seem not to even finish a 10 minute run, you coukd be 4 seconds off per lap and just stay on track tonget the 50pc mark.

SA rating can be gained in MP or with AI, honestly AI is better then 99% of open servers though I know many will never touch it. The main issue with AI is they are a bit slow in slow chicanes but they are darn hard to pass at 100% and run a pretty good pace. Just running clean and close raises your rating, if we had some league fun runs most would gain rating fairly quick. But I think in a passworded server the gains in SA are reduced to avoid people farming the rating but it is also related to your pace so if your cruising you wont get much benefit from close running.

Currently you can mostly get away with an open server if the numbers are low but the muppets join quickly once above about 8 users. Post release user numbers will increase greatly but with that open servers will be pretty useless too.

The ratings system will do a very good job at stricter levels to give good clean racing, every new person that joins shouldnt cause issues. Personally I would rather avoid open servers entirely and just use the strict SA or passworded for organised league sessions as some guys here wont have ratings. Ideally fun runs I would set as strict an entry as possible which all here can enter and hope to maybe get a few new guys to join if they see a busy clean server running.
    Spidey_11, jlynn777 and KoAStR like this.
  10. Rolz

Will put up a Fun Run server Tuesday 14th May (Tomorrow night) if anyone is about
    marty and andyo450 like this.
  11. Rolz

Race 4 - Paul Ricard
    Race will be Tuesday 14th May April
    Will have 40min Race (still no forced pit)
  12. Rolz

@nanlatt - tonight if ur about... you need 3 track medals to be able to join (thats 4 clean laps)
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Would it be a good idea to just use a passworded server, obviously most here dont have high enough SA to use this feature probably not even track medals yet as I havent seen ayone in our SA server but @Godzilla ever.

Using SA for fun runs down the road will be ideal but having an open server I would rather avoid. No point trying to encourage more of these and if they get busy they tend to attract the worst guys turning them into a waste of time for everyone else in there.

Its just my opinion however so if you guys really want to run open servers thats fine and I will probably just do something else.
  14. Rolz

we can always gauge interest mate... putting a password on and only having 3 ppl (you, godz and me) is then same as running a SAxx server...
    Somehow we need people off the street to get their licenses up...
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yea well I dont know how much interest is in the forum, I assumed there was some and a password would work. If not then it wont, late notice of fun run probably password wont be great.

Either way Im not going to be doing any admin stuff in an open server and if it turns to crap its easy enough to leave, if numbers stay low open servers can be ok assuming its just us and we get lucky in the new joiners lottery. I saw a few good racers floating around sadly whenever numbers went up in any open server things pretty much always turn to crap and then the good guys leave and even open servers I dont recall many finishing a race other then me and Godz.

Honestly though dont change anything on my part it may be ok it may not, numbers are very low in OZ anyway so likely it stays quiet if the Euros dont get a sniff. I will just float around and do my own thing either way as I am in a very clear minority in most cases anyway lol.
  16. Rolz

yeah thats why I'm trying to just keep as a FunRun for now... it's a bit more chilled... I certainly don't wanna have my license impacted by wreckers... I do a good enough of that solo! :p
    Hopefully they get admin tools properly sorted because at the moment as a VR driver only being in one specific MFD screen to be able to type and then the font is ridiculously small to try to type kick commands is a bit of an annoyance
    Plus if I ban them I want them gone for a good while...not just until I restart the server...
    So if crap and not enjoying it u can leave without any bad feelings... ;)
    marty likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im not actually concerned about my rating, I can reasonably well avoid most of the worst possible guys in open servers. My rating can take care of itself and its way higher then it looks like I will ever need.

Id just rather run with smaller fields of good drivers or even AI then with those people where you simply need to dodge mobile chicanes and track scenery all over the track. I do really like racing new people too but would hope they have learnt to race to a reasonable level before I see them and thats the advantage of the ratings not what my actual numbers are. ;)

That other fun run with the other group kind of says it wasnt just me with that view when others left fairly quickly, when a good percentage couldnt even get to the start line or to t1 let alone around it.

It was a disaster until it was only a few good guys left at the end and amazingly thats when it first became fun for me. Trying to set a qualy lap with 2 or 3 cars stopped mid track every lap, being spun every time another car was next to me is not fun in any way. Maybe if playing wreckfest but not in a sim.
    Rolz likes this.
  18. Rolz

ok chat tonight then :p
  19. Rolz

Well that was fun! Cheers all! :)
    marty likes this.
  20. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

I gave the fun run a go last night and it proved an interesting experience!
    - struggled to post a clean lap in qual. I now realise I had been running offline without penalties turned on and kept getting cuts at one of the harepins where I thought I was ok.
    - Once race started I had lost all my HUD so quit to look up what was wrong. When I rejoined the HUD was there again so not sure what was wrong. I read that it might be a 0.7 bug.
    - Then I did a few laps and kept spinning. Offline I had been OK. Finally looked at my tyre temps and they were bright blue. So quit again to research what was happening. Found a post talking about Brake Ducts - another new feature of 0.7 that I hadn't read about!! Adjusted setup, joined again and did a couple of laps. Tyres were pale blue now but still slippery as hell!
    - By now it was the end of the race. A couple of comments in the Chat indicated that the conditions were difficult. No kidding :)

I'll give it another go next week but I will always be a couple of seconds off the pace so will really just enjoy doing some laps.

Cheers
    Andrew
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.