AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S13-14

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Dec 12, 2017.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I have only registered GUIDs that have been posted in that thread with QC filling in a few gaps from server data a while back.... so unless newer guys post in that thread, I don't have a record of the GUID. Post it up and I will add it or @jlynn777 can :p
    jlynn777 likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I've resided myself to the fact I won't get under 7:30 in any of the cars for DTM/Nords
    The Merc I can get the closest... was all on Mediums though and haven't tried qual setup (2laps fuel and softs)
    hmm realised that track grip was 98% when I did my best time, but I I doubt it'll give me enough to get under 7:30.
    Passing will be tough, probably only safely to do on a few of the straights... Main straight was interesting, Godzilla passed me on slipstream at the beginning of it and then by the end I'd slipstreamed him and passed him again... was funny, well for me :p
    jlynn777 likes this.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Awesome fun though,very close for a lap and a half there. For me the Merc is the most forgiving to drive, the Alfa a close second. Marty’s setups are really good as well, defenitley more stable
    jlynn777 likes this.
  4. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I only managed a 7:45. I like the Merc best with Marty's setup. I am way out of the times to even try and be competitive. Having fun though. I just move to the side when I see someone coming up from behind.
    I am happy to let the fast people past, that way we all have fun :)
    Rolz likes this.
  5. Rolz

6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Reminder for tonight DTM at Nords, Qualify will open at 8pm aus eastern time and run for 1hr 10 minutes with time to finish a lap will likley be qualy to about 9:08 with 1 minutes to race start. Server will be closed for entry after start of race with a 3lap race, followed by a second 3 lap race with top 8 reverse grid.

Server will be MR A plus all on the raceonoz whitelist, weather will be same as in the practice server with some variation in temps possible should be within 13 to 22c air with track temp variation due to cloud cover with some wind.

8 of each cars will be in the server, its still unexpected to be full but if into qualy we are full and rooz guys want to get on discord and we may be able to kick some high pingers to give you a spot if needed. ;)
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I've put the server up now, will be a long practice session prior to the 8pm qualy session.

Server name is "Marty's RaceOnOZ (MR-A) 2018 FunRun RaceNite!"

Live tracking of the server can be seen here. http://13.55.193.92:50041/livemap?server=ACserver1
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

And some of us are still at work :(
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its only practice atm so no big deal, you also don't need to be there for the full qualy session its just that way to give people more of a chance to set a lap. The server has started at 98% grip and will be a fairly slow gradual build up unlikely to get to 100% over the full race night. It means people will get a slight advantage qualifying later then those that jump in early but it shouldn't be a huge difference. 120 laps needed to go up 1% so it would need 240 laps to get to 100%. Even if 24 people jump in it would take 10 laps from each of them to get there which wont be happening in practice and qualy.
  10. Rolz

That’s 7pm Qual start for Qld’ers?
    Such a pain we don’t get Daylight Savings
  11. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

If that's the case, I won't make it by then... :(
  12. Rolz

qual will finish 8.08 for us mate so still time to make it hopefully
  13. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

ok, cool. I also like the live map feature!
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Normal race nights do start qualy at 9pm eastern time here race will start about 9:10 maybe I can push it back a few minutes if people need some more time.

Edit looking at current server with the remaining time it will run out at 9:05pm plus I think 120% over time so about another 8 minutes after that so race time will start close to 9:15 and 8:15 for the QLDers
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  15. Rolz

16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Fun racing guys was mostly clean from the back both races, some incidents but these happen in real races there too and in a close pack its unlikely to even finish 3 laps with all cars looking brand new. In WTCC I think they are lucky to get half to the finish over 3 laps but then they also dont have a tyre that holds up for that long at this track. :D
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That was really good fun, just managed to stay ahead of Marty in the end in race one. Race two was a bit one lap one but still awesome and a bit less stressful having someone to chase rather then just trying to run away
  18. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

19. Rolz

yeah usually I put the aircon on, but last night I didn't... I was just drenched by the end of the race... made sure I had a few big glasses of water before crashing out... last time I didn't run the aircon and sweated my ring out, I woke up the next day with what almost felt like a hangover... is that still classed as exercise? lol
    jlynn777 likes this.
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Always wondered how much of an exercise sim racing is. I was drenched after last night and my arms were pretty sore, I do like the wheel strength on the heavier side. It’s not very physical but with the concentration it must burn a bit of energy. May try to find a fit bit and see what it says... lol