AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S13-14

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Dec 12, 2017.

1. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Does anyone know which is the better race tyre for the full distance? Will softs work
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I recommend you have a look at protyres app http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/protyres-v1-0-0-it’s-all-about-the-tyre.43361/
    give you a good indication of how many laps you can get out of them... plus tire pressures etc...
    for me personally I'll do softs for qual and medium for race distance... if I stuff a corner the rears get blisterinly hot and it takes ages for them to cool down losing lots of time... mediums the trade off is the fronts don't really get to temp but I don't melt the rears so I'm more consistent over the course of 12 laps.
  3. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Thanks that looks good I'll give it a go
  4. Rolz

Race Server is up :)
    marty likes this.
  5. Rolz

http://marty.simracer.me:50041/championship
    thanks all! was heaps of fun!
    mic died at the end of race... I'm away now until friday night so happy to hear suggestions...
    ferrari 2004 at spa sounds pretty cool...
    I was thinking a cheesy gt3 at bathurst enduro to finish off fun run season, but happy to go with majority... :)
    that is if season 14 starts 12th Feb
    marty likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for race was good fun.

Regarding next week, Im up for anything. Will leave it up to some discussion for a coupkd days here with either f2004 at Spa. GT3 at Bathurst or some LMP cars at Spa. I will put up a server with each of these and we can make a decision say Thursday night. Democracy sometimes work but I will give final vote to @Rolz as it was his suggestion to do this fun run series. ;)
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thanks all for the racing tonigh, a lot of really close racing. Hopefully didn’t cause any issues for anyone when my PC went weird between turn 3 and 4 in the first race. That Lotus is awesome to drive, may be one of my new favourite race cars. Would not be against a season in that so awesome pick.
    I would be very happy with F2004 at spa and GT3 at Bathurst
    vanzr likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I put up 3 servers last night.

There is f2004 at Spa.

LMP1 at Spa with 75% restrictor on the 919 to try bring it closer to the Audi and Toyota. Not sure if thats ok but I remember some earlier testing and it needed a fair restrictor to bring it back to the other 2.

A selection of gt3 cars at Bathurst, grid limit is 36 so I put in all latest models with 4 or 5 of each in there. The older mclaren, merc and audi are the onky gt3 cars not in the list.
    jlynn777, Rolz, vanzr and 2 others like this.
  9. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Thanks again for the fun racing. I enjoyed the car and track, however I could not get any decent times. I found the car would over steer for me all the time, even though I was using the same setup at Rolz, it all comes down to driver skill. Still working on that part :)
    I am looking forward to Season 14, I see the teams have been picked and I am in SAR.
    I won't be the fastest, however hopefully I can be consistent. The only thing for sure is I know I will be having a ball and racing with a huge grin on my face :)
    jlynn777, Rolz and vanzr like this.
  10. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    Yep enjoyed last night, apologies for disconnecting mid-race in the second. Rift has been getting black screen for 1-2 seconds during the race and it's better to leave than risk wrecking ppl.. So frustrating!
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Weird as it’s similar to what happened to me, just once though. Image just froze on the rift for about a second but sound kept going. Then flicked back to normal. Guessing it’s an update that broke something again
  12. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    Been getting it for the last couple weeks, black screen with hourglass for 1-2 secs, yeah sound keeps going tho. Thought it was usb issue but got another hub and it's still doing it.. Might open a ticket with oculus.
  13. Rolz

Check temps too in PC, when I was doing some crazy OC it would do something similar then crash a few seconds later...
    vanzr likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is a video of race 2 in the Lotus Evora, was probably my highest point score in MR so not exactly clean but most of the contact I think I left enough room. Car was a bit battered and bruised with big flatspots from trying to avoid Mael lap 1 but was a fun battle to the end.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  15. Rolz

will have to check it out when I get home... see if u gave me room :p
    haha... I'm expecting u did :)
    jasondull1986, marty and Bogor like this.
  16. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Ah ha I knew it was off the track 19:00 lol

Sure you could say pushed though
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The nudge/assist off track was why I continued the move from out there. ;):D

This is at 14:40 pretty sure there is at least 1 car space inside, its pretty tricky this corner especially inside as that car needs to brake a bit more to make the apex and not nudge the outside car off track as is what I think happened with @jasondull1986 I actually prefer making moves outside here as if you can stay there you get the inside line to the next corner.
  18. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

The F2004 is a bit insane, fun but I much prefer to drive a less advanced car, it kinda takes the fun out of driving.

Unfortunately it looks like I have a dodgy Thrustmaster Wheel. It's started shutting it self off after 20-30 mins of use. First time it happened was in the Nord race last week and it's been doing it ever since. Couldn't race this week as there was no point and it looks like I'll be out next week as well. Might miss the real season if I can't get it fixed. Bit :):):):) considering it's barely 2 months old.

Anyone had to deal with returns through Pagnian?
  19. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Sounds like its overheating. Have you tried turn ffb down?
  20. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

That's what I thought at first but it's barely warm to the touch and last night it was only 19c here. I did some reading on overheating on the unit and it says it should never power off anyway, if it starts to overheat it automatically starts lowering the FFB power to counter it, but this isn't happening either.