AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S13-14

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Dec 12, 2017.

1. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    They should swap it straight over no questions asked if it's that new, i went through 4 wheels in under 2 months before i got a reliable t300.. Annoying as to keep taking it back but make sure you do it.
    Rolz likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seeing as the the f2004 is currently leading the vote for the next season car, I would be leaning more towards the gt3 at Bathurst or LMP1 at Spa. With @Rolz first choice being Bathurst enduro and this weekend has the Bathurst 12hr this seems a good fit for the Monday after. Not much point having a fun run in the season car the week before it starts.

Of the 3 test servers up the least popular has been the LMP1 so that also shows the gt3 this fun run would be a good option.
    Bogor and Rolz like this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi All, back again after a few days away... yeah I think the GT3 at Bathurst will be a nice way to finish our fun run as there is the 12hr this weekend anyway.
    I'm leaning towards a 1hour enduro with one forced pit, it will be a pit for tire or fuel, but a forced pit... will see about fuel burn to make sure we all have to at least fill up.
    NOTE Can I please get a list of preferred cars? That way I can make sure there is enough for everyone on the night.
    I'd say use the list off Marty's server so you can practice with them...
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

So is Bathurst going to be this Monday or lmp cars first then Bathurst next Monday? Haven’t tried the lmp cars yet.ghink I’ll go the lambo for Bathurst though
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Season proper starts the Monday after I think so this will be the final fun run.

People giving prefered cars is a good idea to ensure you can set more of some if they are more popular, grid limit at 36 gives us a bit of room. I havent got much of a chance to get on atm but may jump on later tonight for some running, I had set prac server to the forecast for the real race Sunday. Forecast may have changed a bit since then and you may have a different idea but may be worth setting prac server for intended weather as it has quite an effect on these cars.

Some will work better on different compounds, I only tried the Porsche and couldnt get it to work on softs but others had no issues in the other cars. Over the race tyre choice may likely need a harder tyre and fuel loads cars may so vary a bit so forcing a stop may be a bit tricky.

Personally I would rather a longer race like 1.5 hours if this means all need to stop over a 1hour race forcing all to mostly split the race into 2 30 minute runs.
  6. Rolz

oh... I could also handle a 1.5hr race... :inlove:
    If no objections then perhaps we do that?
    Will be online tonight to get some prac in... it'll either be the porsche or merc, but I'm unsure which if my fav, the sls or merc-benz... they always confuse me...
    jlynn777 likes this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

So no lmp then and just Bathurs gt3? Sounds fine by me.
    Also no issues with 1.5 hour race, would actually prefer that
    marty and Rolz like this.
  8. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Porsche for me please. I am ok with the 1.5 hour race. Hopefully I can work out my Pit stop. The way I have been going, I may need a couple of repair stops anyway :) I lost 3 seconds a lap with a busted Front right Suspension. Those walls are hard!
    Rolz likes this.
  9. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Any chance we can get the Corvette C7? Otherwise I'll be in the GTS.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Corvette is gte class, I think best to just keep gt3 cars in the field.
  11. Rolz

First post updated with race details tomorrow night... will try to get racing going by 9:15pm AEDT so it's all done by 10:45pm AEDT
    Hope that's not too late for people... :coffee:
    Don't forget to tell me what car u want or I'll pick from what u had in stracker...
    vanzr likes this.
  12. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    Z4 please
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will be either mclaren 650s or 911 will give the 911 another go later tonight and maybe try a long run in them.

I set a second server last night with long 1.5hr qualy and 30min races if anyone wants to test some long runs with the other sprint server still running.
    Rolz and Bogor like this.
  14. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I'll be jumping on there.
    Lets hope our "Endurance" race does not have the same finish as today's Bathurst 12 hour..
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I’ll be on there in about 1.5 hours
  16. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

The Audi or Nissan for me please :thumbsup:
  17. Rolz

we have heaps of space so pick one :)
  18. Rolz

Server for tonight is up... hope I got the car ratio right :)
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Really looking forward to this one, love the idea of longer races where there are multiple viable race strategy’s and an incident somewhere doesn’t instantly mean race over
  20. Mael

Mael Professional

Got disconnected early on :cry: