AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S13-14

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Was a great, long, hot race.
    I had a ball, however hit the wall twice and need to pit for repairs.
    Thanks all for the Fun Run Season, looking forward to the Season proper.
    vanzr likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

:eek:bummer!
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Bogor likes this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Wondered what happened to you, lost some time to you at the start, started gaining then you disappeared. Bad luck there
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah! Managed to hold on to third :)
    Thanks for running this fun run, was awesome fun
    Rolz likes this.
  6. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Good news is my wheel seems to be fixed after a firmware flash, bad news is it doesn't make me any faster...I've no idea how you guys were in the 2:06's with a full tank.
    Thanks all, and to Rolz and Marty for running the races.
    Rolz likes this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Bummer man you had some good pace early too.

Was fun and I wasnt sure which way to go with a couple options likely getting a similar result, I saw there were a few guys with pace so opted for a 30 min run on the softs to hopefully get a bit of an early gap and hope to avoid dropping any spots early where the strategy would likely have bit me in the bum.

It worked ok but my tyres went away a bit and I managed to have a silly wall rub exiting the dipper, I tried to push for a couple more laps as my pace was still ok but car was getting pretty sketchy so I pitted and went mediums to the end. Vanzr was really giving me a hard time all race with me managing to pull a bit of a gap early when my softs were nice then just hang on to that early buffer to the stop.

After the stop the mediums seemed to take 3 or 4 laps to come good and I saw it was going to be close with Vanzr after his stop assuming he went tyres and fuel. He had more pace then me on the meds and I was pushing quite hard to maintain the gap. I crunched a wall this time over skyline which didnt seem terrible but gave red front aero. 30 min to go and losing time each lap I needed to put in qualy laps to try and stay ahead. @vanzr got to inside 2 seconds and I thought I was a goner, managed to put in a real good lap and he was pushing pretty hard as I saw him crunch the wall in the rear view exiting the last turn. There it looked like smooth sailing but he again started to push on lol so I had to go again.

He was short on fuel and took a stop near the end but it was a proper enduro battle this one so thanks all it was good fun.
    vanzr and Rolz like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I wonder if any guys would be up for the odd fun run on another night even during the season, we could just have some planned races for example on a wednesday night using MR-A plus the whitelist with some proper enduro runs at least once per month.
    jlynn777, vanzr and Rolz like this.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Would defenitley be up for that
    vanzr and marty like this.
  10. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    I'd be up for it if time permits.
    Great racing tonight too, really enjoying being a part of it
  11. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I'd be keen. When it's a nice car/track to drive, I prefer the longer races for the same reasons as Godzilla.

Had fun last night but was a very lonely race. Even though I did a lot of time on the prac session I was very undecided about everything and had no pit strategy. In the rush of setting it up during the wait period I forgot to add fuel for the start of the race :rolleyes:
    It was fun being able to put pressure on Godzilla in my lightweight R8 superleggera for the first couple laps (man, your car was quick on the straights!) but had to pit lap 7 and hope new Mediums and a full tank would last the journey.
    It did but was driving around with a 10 - 20 sec buffer either side of me for the rest of the race. Pitt strategy didn't help but I didn't have the pace anyway.
    Was keeping my eye on the splits with the front runners and could see it was tight! Epic :sneaky:
    Thanks for setting up this fun run series @marty and @Rolz :thumbsup: wish I could of made more races.
    Bogor and Rolz like this.
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

You were certainly making me nervous there, was prety happy when I saw you pit. Was running fairly low downforce so was happy to pull away down the straights, soft tyres helped on the exits as well.

Yes, thanks also to @marty as well as @Rolz for making this happen. Also special thanks to @marty for missing the first round :)
  13. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Was not too lonely for me, being at the back of the field, I got to see people as they lapped me :)
    jlynn777 and marty like this.