AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S13-14

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Dec 12, 2017.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just have my old g-27 plugged in and use the shifter and pedals from that, no issues with them working just needed to re assign them. Only thing that doesn't work with the shifter is the dpad so I cant use it for pit setup and need to use the keyboard. Maybe I should just assign the keypad to arrow keys and that should work.

Ive never had issues with it finding my accuforce wheel but I only turn it on before loading a sim, the g27 just stays plugged in at all times as its a PITA to get it to start up some times as it just free spins on calibration.

Need to upgrade these especially the pedals as I noticed throttle spiking a bit today and I needed to add a deadzone at the end of its travel. I will probably just get the thrustmaster shifter but pedals Im still not sure about, Fanatec seem the best easy option as in they are available now locally but a few of my friends had quite a few issues with their gear failing fairly quick.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great cars on this track hey.
    Here's a hotlap vid I did a while back in the Merc might help you get your eye in.
    marty and Rolz like this.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Surprising you are managing to go as well as you do with the G27 pedals. I think the current Fanatec gear is decent for the price. Gen before seems to have had a few issues though. I have a problem with my V2 pedals losing full throttle sometimes, doesn’t happen very often now though thankfully.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

With a nords race could do quali on a different day or maybe even leave it open for the week and have starting positions based of that. Now whose keen for a 24hour enduro :)
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

None of the preseason stuff has really been too busy, if we had say 20+ xgn guys say they want to race then maybe we could look at that but prest grids take a hack wally uses at xgn which I dont think any of us have. Setting by entry list doesnt work as any sessions prior to the race even if its practice still effects the grid or at least it did in the past.

I was thinking leaving the server open without a pass MR A and rooz whitelist but still unlikely to even get 24 runners. If there is enough interest we would need to look at using the extra grid layout but I still think just running qualy before starting at 8pm est running for an hour and 10 minutes with overtime qualy would end around 9:18pm with race start just before 9:20. The server entry will be closed after race start to avoid people junping in and getting in the way late during the race.

If people really cant set a qualy lap then they just start behind those that do, in the real 24hr race final top ten shootout is only a 30 min session using the full layout.
    Bogor and Rolz like this.
  6. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Is this AEDST? IE: Sydney time? Us who live in the past (QLD) need to make sure we are in the server before closer.
    I really am looking forward to the race tonight. I have spent all week trying to get some good times and finally made a 1:38:5xx.
    The only 1:38 I managed, however am now consistent in the 1:39's. Should be a great race, I think the length of it will be a nice challenge. Just need to not spin off or hit the gravel too many times. For the faster ones out there (you know who you are) I think the back markers will play a big part as well as the timing of the pits. With the 110% fuel usage I still need to work out how much fuel to be putting in. (some would say 10% more ;) )
    For me this is one of the most anticipated races I will be in, not sure why, I just feel like it will be a great close and fun race.
    As long as the stars align tonight and the kids don't cause me any grief I will be there with a big grin on my face.
  7. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

"The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEDT and to start qualifying at 9pm."
    I'm always used to stating daylight time as being AEDT and QLD being in the stone-ages AEST - btw I'm in QLD
    So qual starts at 8pm for QLD'ers, will get server up basically when I get home so I can do family stuff and it just ticks over to qual and race at the right times...
    Bogor likes this.
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I’m in WA, 6pm isn’t too bad, I generally get home 5:30 or so from work. Not having daylight savings is a bit of a killer sometimes.
    Out of interest has there ever been something like a ROOZ vs XGN championship? 12 of the faster guys from each group or something like that, would be cool. Been racing there while the ROOZ is in between championships, seems decent.

Have done very minimum running for tonight, will have to work out fuel and pit stops before quali
    jlynn777 likes this.
  9. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Hopefully I can make tonight, I've only turned over a few laps too...so it's 50 mins of racing like le mans style?
    If there was a inter-league challenge I'd definitely tune in to watch it! I've seen a F1 2013 version and it was great.
  10. Rolz

Not sure what u mean with le mans style... just u start and 50min later (plus one lap) you get the winner :)
    jlynn777 likes this.
  11. Rolz

Server is up! :)
    Hope to see u on later!
    Bogor likes this.
  12. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

I cant even crack under 1:40. :confused:
  13. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Made it into the 1:39's but didn't realise it was a 50 minute race...not enough fuel:sleep:

Thanks for having me again!
    Bogor, Rolz and marty like this.
  14. Rolz

marty likes this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys was some good clean racing there, shame the pit strat was so different as 20 seconds less in pits then Cherno did help me make up the spots on him and Rolz. Was a good battle early on with the 2 of them as we traded fastest laps until the stops came in but I never really had a go at Cherno so hoped to make some time in the pits. Didnt expect to make up that much however.
    Cherno and Rolz like this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Shame about being taken out at the start and the damage but the racing was prety awesome after that. Very close run with c4rLo5 I think and some others
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Just going to leave this here :)

One 50min race (plus 1 extra) Enduro! Forced one pit requirement (tires and fuel).”
  18. Rolz

yeah this was my bad @Godzilla, I wanted to have ppl pit... had fuel sorted to force ppl but when I set it I didn't realize tires would make it so easily... my first time really being an admin/organizer...
    apologies... :oops:
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Haha, no worries, I’ve got no issues at all, just an opportunistic poke :)
    Fun run after all, and it was certainly fun tonight
    Rolz likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Lol hadnt even seen that until now, tough thing is its hard to even enforce tyres are changed without PLP without excessive wear. Personally my view is that forcing stops is a bit silly and I would either have a very long race where cars will naturally need a stop or have an hour race without needing a stop. The stops rarely make racing more fun and end up being decided on strategy more then pure pace. If server could enforce more options in pit window like must change tyres, cant change tyres, must add min amount of fuel, no fuel etc it would be a much more useful feature. As is it just forces a stop where adding 1l is enough to do the mandatory stop. I took on I think about 10 minutes of fuel not quite full to begin with.

However if nobody changed tyres it would still have been a bit of variation in stop times and fuel loads but it wouldn't be the 20 seconds gained by not changing tyres.

If anyone wants the replay here it is.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/l4z27...221707_R_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_ks_laguna_seca_.rar
    krunch, Cherno and c4rLo5 like this.