AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S14-S15

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Server is up RaceOnOZ.com Server05 -Vallelunga (MR-A) FunRun2018 Race 1
  2. squid

squid Rookie

Good race everyone
    Sorry again marty for the little tap in race 2
    Do I get bonus points for scariest moment?
    Bogor and Rolz like this.
  3. Rolz

marty, Bogor and squid like this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Fun little car, no idea how to get good speed out of it though. Had to defend like crazy race two trying my best not to leave the inside open, didnt expect to get away with it, happy I did, other then Mael who got through :)
    Bogor likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Fun racing, enjoyed these old school cars. Not sure if it was my setup or the damage I got both races that made it fade at the end. Interestingly race 2 after getting a bit rubbed up the first few laps the car was 2 tenths faster then my PB to t2 but was pretty loose and sketchy the rest of the lap losing about 9 tenths from t2 to the line. Maybe the wind had changed but it would be fun to race some old school H pattern no electronics cars for a season.

Any suggestion for next fun run? Could go from the fastest car in AC last season the f2004 to the slowest the abarth 595ss, could do a race in something at Watkins glen.
  6. Rolz

Have you got a track download you recommend for this one Marty? It's rare that QC doesn't have this already on the server.
    I'll then load it up today, but perhaps with the Abarth AC, it's slow but not super slow :roflmao:
  7. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Sorry for the tap on the second race Marty. I tried to keep inside, however I just had the wrong line and it pushed me out to where you were.
    I had a fun race, Managed Top 10 for the first time. I guess only having 9 in the race made that easier.
    I ran out of fuel after the 3rd last corner of the last lap on race 1. Still managed to roll it home and not lose my spot.
    Not sure how I used up all the fuel, I had it set to 15.6 laps, maybe too much right foot and smoke coming from the rear tyres.
    I'll be happy with any car. I just want to race..... :)
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its a beta but a Lilski creation so better then most at .7 the track surface is very smooth which surprised me but having seen onboards since the resufacing looks like they really did a good job on the surface so its probably as is.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/watkins-glen-international.20204/

I tried the slowest abarth and its really slow, watkins long layout was pretty much 3rd gear all the way. There is a 4th but its slower then 3rd due to lack of power lol and second is too short for even the slowest corners. Maybe the car is too slow and :poop: it would be more fun in a proper car. :D
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

No worries I assume you just didnt see me outside when I got pushed into the sand, I gave Rolz a little tap at the end too luckily only got him loose but it let God get away for the last 2 laps. I thought it was the last lap so braked after the line only to see leader is on last lap and get going again. :laugh:
  10. Rolz

I think you've been too spoilt that usually it's saying that message for you ;)

Waiting for my dropbox to upload, then it downloads in less than a second on the ROOZ server, I suspect my Dropbox is located very close to the AWS ROOZ server infrastructure
  11. Rolz

ok updated first post on car and content (link included)
    I'll be on later to test, and work out race laps... will include at least one pit... tba if I force pit window or restrict fuel/tires
    If you jump on before me and there are any issues with track/car please let me know!! :)
  12. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Ok just had a race on the next track and car.
    Lots of fun and close once we were all at similar pace.
    Looking forward to this one.
  13. Rolz

First time on Watkins Glen! Haha very fun with these cars...
    Did a few laps with Bogor and Ringo, racing is super close!
    You almost want to reach out and fold rear view mirror back to get more top speed down back straight...
    :D
    marty and Bogor like this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Is there any compulsory pit stop for Monday?
  15. Rolz

Sorry chaps, been tied up this week...
    Will load a prac race distance with compulsory pit this morning after breakfast :)
  16. Rolz

race distance server up on 05 with forced pit testing - pit open between lap 2 and lap 19
    marty, Godzilla and Bogor like this.
  17. Rolz

oh should be interesting, definitely need to fill up and that is really quick, the question will be if you change tires... they take ages!
    who will test the tire wear to the end with the one set? :)
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Willnit be 2 races or just the one? A reverse grid in these would be fun but its fairly easy to have a qualy issue and start at the back as I would rather start at the back this week. ;)

Strategy wise will be interesting, no idea how tyres will go the distance or how long the stops will be. Also can you make the time up lost on a tyre change on pace?
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Rolz

Just one this round mate... sadly it looks like we will be light on numbers... always an issue with a mod track that’s not well known.

BTW woohoo! great job Riccardo today!! :D
    jlynn777, marty and Godzilla like this.
  20. Rolz

server is up - RaceOnOZ.com Server05 -WatkinsGlen (MR-A) Run Run 2018 Race 2
    marty likes this.