AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S16-S17

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Sep 18, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If there are 2 practice servers we could always put a password on one and share amongst all here via PM. Leave 1 open for those that want to join the wreckfests, but for those that want to run some laps and not need to deal with the muppets that sadly seem to find any open server with people in it will get a better option.
    anton_Chez, Bogor and Godzilla like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I'll put race distance server on password protection tonight... will put password in first post
    marty and Bogor like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looks like I wont be home in time to race tonight as something else just came up. Have fun in the Cobras guys they always were a fun drive.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Another great fun run, cheers @Rolz
    Never found anything close to the time some people were doing, such a handful this car. Think I managed to keep it fairly consistent though and no spins or issues so happy with that. Surprised to find myself chasing @Rolz at the end, thought you were long gone. Not surprised to be passed by @andyo450 at the end, just buckled under pressure and left the door open. Well done on the win @KoAStR great pace
    Rolz, Bogor and KoAStR like this.
  5. Rolz

Well done all! Tough car to drive! Had a great start and was putting great laps down but then a few back marker pub drivers slowed me down even to the point of hard breaking to actively dodge them must have put me off... lost focus and just couldn't recover the same pace I had for the first half of the race.

Championship - http://rooz.simracer.me:50041/championship?cs_id=5

New server is up!
    DST has kicked in!! QLD racers Official Practice now starts at 7:30pm AEST, Qualifying at 8:00pm and racing around 8:15pm - WA you also will be affected, looks like 6pm Qualifying :speechless:

Might see if it's worth putting it to a vote if we have WA drivers struggling to make this time...
    c4rLo5 and KoAStR like this.
  6. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Getting a checksum error trying to join.
  7. Rolz

Fixed :cool::D
    Bogor likes this.
  8. Rolz

I certainly got a good laugh last night racing the vans... Will be close racing...
    marty, Bogor and jlynn777 like this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Is that you in the fedex van? explains why I am still waiting for my quick release to come in as the darn thing is just going around in circles. :D

Downloading the mod now but RD is painfully slow for me atm, maybe its bandwidth capped for freeloaders like myself there. Looks like it will have some fun racing, I wonder if we could assign the cars all different ballasts for delivery loads but then it will just mess with the racing a little. I think Andy I saw @andyo450 driving to the track, Im sure we could have fit in a bit more stuff.

[​IMG]
    KoAStR, Bogor, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Again, dibs on the DHL van!
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Had a few races in these, a bit technical to find reasonable pace but then the racing seems pretty close and not easy to get away or pass. Had some good battles with @andyo450 and @Bogor nearly lost a thumb on one incident lol but otherwise worked pretty good on the f1 rim.

I just used @Rolz setup in stracker and shifted around 3600 then its just about trying to not lose too much speed on entry.
    Bogor likes this.
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Should've gone for the custom model. 160mph easy!
  13. Rolz

Race times tonight with new DST - updated first post as well

Prac - 6pm (WA) 8pm (Qld) 9pm (Vic/NSW)
    Qual - 6:30pm (WA) 8:30pm (Qld) 9:30pm (Vic/NSW)
    Race - 6:45pm (WA) 8:45pm (Qld) 9:45pm (Vic/NSW)
    marty and Godzilla like this.
  14. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Well that was fun and such a good turn out.
    My first ever podium! How exciting, even if it is in a Transit Van.
    Driving fast cars slow and slow cars fast!
    Sorry to those I bumped panels with on some of the tougher corners.
    I really enjoyed the battle with Mael and Marty in the first race, we all swapped positions a few times.
    Great racing by all!!
    andyo450, jlynn777 and marty like this.
  15. Rolz

16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well that was a great little 3 race fun run, thanks for organising this @Rolz

The van was defenitly something different, felt prety good (relatively) from lap one so could just do lap after lap. Super stocked to out qualify @andyo450 bad luck there in the first race. Fairly messy race two but kind of expected in that thing.

Now on to the craziness of a full season, the old F1’s are a handful. Will be migrating from my 20 odd year old office chair, desk mounted wheel and unsecured floor sitting pedals to a full Sim-Lab P1 rig by race 3 I think so looking forward to that as well

PS, just noticed I ended up on top for the championship! Wasn’t expecting that, bonus!
    andyo450, Bogor, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  17. Rolz

Thnx all for taking part in the Fun Run! WD Godz!
    Sorry again for the wipe out in R1 Andy, probably cost you the title here :(

Will see you all at S17 start... hope to have first official track up for R1 as soon as possible.
    One I know you will know :thumbsup:
    andyo450 and Bogor like this.
  18. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Yea don't sweat it, it didn't bother me.

Well done on pole and race 1 win @Godzilla and the fun run championship as well. Also nice work getting on the podium @Bogor.

It wasn't much of a fun run for me lol. Qually was fun. I put in some decent laps but couldn't top GZ.
    Made a slight toe change for the race which gave me a bit more speed so I was able to stay with GZ. Then I got a tap from Rolz. I rejoined behind a gaggle of cars and thought this could be fun. Got a bit of a tap from ringo I think but there wasn't really anyone to blame for that. 4 Transits wide into Brooklyns is a bit of a tough ask.
    Then 2 laps later this happened :mad:

I was pretty close to ALT-F4ing after that. Caraculo was the guys name (I was so pissed I wrote it down:D). Finished Race 1 a lap down.

Luckily I got put on pole for race 2 so it was therapeutic. Pretty sure the red mist was worth about 2 tenths a lap.

Well done to @marty and Rolz for the other podiums. The field was pretty tight in these.

Thanks for putting these on @Rolz. They're good fun even with the very rare random idiot:D.
    Bogor likes this.
  19. Rolz

Doh, I should have kicked him pronto... but missed seeing that
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That’s nasty, was wondering how you ended up dead last, that explains it. Think he’s the guy who smashed me the second time on the reverse grid, could be wrong though.