AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S17-S18

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That day will come, it’s slowly getting closer and closer :)
    andyo450 and Rolz like this.
  2. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

That one was very close. You had me on one lap pace that's for sure.

The X-Bows a tricky little bugger. I couldn't adapt to the understeer into the corkscrew at all. It was a little oversteery everywhere else though which was good. I like a little bit of oversteer at Laguna Seca.

Had a good race with @Godzilla. My net was pinging around a bit for the first 12 or so laps so I was content to sit ~ 1 sec off, or I thought that's what I was doing. When it calmed down I tried to close the gap but couldn't do it. I chose the cheese strategy of adding 1l of fuel which blew the gap out. Part of me wishes I didn't. It would've been interesting to see how that played out. I think I did enough to get the overcut but im not sure I could've held GZ off while new tyres were coming up to temp.

Well done @Mael on third as well. Some trademark defending there against @jlynn777.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

hey lads, can't make tonight as the boss is out and running late to get back :( I will still get official prac up at the normal time!
    Have a good race, will then post results at the completion! :)
  4. Rolz

5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Strange race, been sick for a few days so loaded up on cold and flu tablets and wasn’t expecting to be anywhere near on pace but actually managed to smash my PB and on a low grip track as well, still nowhere near on @andyo450 pace though. Assuming he just wanted some fun and did a few laps on the super softs which quickly died and forced a pit stop, given the gap that created I just needed to keep it on track. Last corner of the last lap one of the random’s decided to dive in to me at full pace, was not happy at all as it was very intentional, think Andy slowed down there to avoid passing?

Race two was quiet lonely, had a massive shunt in to a wall that left me with no front wing, just stuck it out lapping 1.5 sec a lap slower then normal for me.

Very cool car but needs a lot of commitment and I’d say a bit of work on the setup to suit the driving style for me. Not having an epic cold would also help I imagine...
    andyo450 and jasondull1986 like this.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Enjoyed last night and was super happy to get a 1:21:9 at the end. Had a few good scraps but this would be so hard for a full season.
    andyo450 likes this.
  7. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thanks for the racing last night guys. I enjoy this car a lot as its quite challenging to find the limit, and a lot of it is to do about rhythm at mugello. I think once you have a baseline setup its much easier to anticipate where that limit is and how to drive the car (weight transfer etc). Apart from Andy i think we are all quite close in terms of times o_O;)
    andyo450 likes this.
  8. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Yea I saw the smoke ahead and figured out pretty quick what had happened. I wasn't keen on passing you off the back of that.

F1 cars and Mugello are a great combo. Those fast corners really showcase how much grip and downforce these things have.

I find the F138 ridiculously easy to drive. It just sticks everywhere. The only place I had any trouble with it was over some of the kerbs with a bootfull of throttle. I thought I would try the Supersofts in the race which was a bad idea. I thought if I took it easy they might go the distance. Not a chance of that though when they were hovering around 160 degrees. KERS is a fun little tool in these cars as well.
    Heres a vid of my 18.8. lap in qualy. It might shed some light on where I was gaining laptime.
  9. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Did they have kers? I mapped it for practice but it didn't work so changed to glace right again.
  10. Rolz

that top speed and ur cornering speed was amazing... just a delight to watch
  11. Rolz

hey gents, since the next 2 Mondays are the eve's of Christmas and New Years I'll put the Fun Runs on pause until the 7th of Jan... there is a mix on the 5 servers to hopefully get numbers for some good pub racing...
    If I don't see you online have a safe and Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! Been great fun racing with you guys and look forward to lots more in 2019 :D
    andyo450, KoAStR, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    You too Rolz all the best to you and your family for the festive season. Big thanks for all your efforts in taking the reigns for league this year mate :thumbsup:
    jlynn777, andyo450 and Rolz like this.
  13. Rolz

Welcome to 2019 all!
    Short sprint server is up, will see what the lap times are to then setup a race distance prac server
    Hopefully in the next day or two... :D

Race 4 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 @ Barcelona GP
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 7th January
    Will have TBA Laps (compulsory pit) Roughly 40min race
    Bogor, andyo450 and Godzilla like this.
  14. Rolz

Hi All!
    Reminder Race 4 tonight! :D
    Compulsory pit is needed or you get disqualified... do some tests pits to see what's needed...
    Because of the silly season here is a reminder on start times
    Official Practice starts
    Prac - 6pm (WA) 8pm (Qld) 9pm (Vic/NSW)
    Qual - 6:30pm (WA) 8:30pm (Qld) 9:30pm (Vic/NSW)
    Race - 6:45pm (WA) 8:45pm (Qld) 9:45pm (Vic/NSW)
    Bogor likes this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Unfortunately wont be around today, just feeling way to sick sadly
  16. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Must be something getting around WA I feel sick too. SO good on a 34 degree day :mad: what makes me feel worse though is trying to get that dang Porsche around a corner :rolleyes: must be the sickness...:whistling:
  17. Rolz

18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Now there’s a close finish. Well done Rolz
    andyo450 likes this.
  19. Rolz

yeah great race last night, @andyo450 should have had it quite easily... but we both had issues with a back-marker... I'm not sure if he wiped me out on purpose so I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but I was close enough to see him coming out of the pit and basically just run straight into Andy... I tried to kick him, but try to (now) stay in front of Andy and work admin tools was impossible it seemed :p Though we did seem to lap him again and he behaved himself so possibly just not sure he knew a car was there when he exited the pits... will keep an eye out for him as he's local with his low ping.
    andyo450 and jlynn777 like this.
  20. Rolz

Race 5 - Lotus Exige 240R S3 @ Nurbrigring Sprint GT
    Short version is up so I can work out laptimes for Monday race.
    Will be 2x races with reverse grid, no pits