AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S13-14

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Just setting up a Fun Run Series over Xmas Nye for 2017
    Will be mixed, some racing and some time trial hill climbs.
    Thanks to @marty for hosting the race server and thanks to @QC. for hosting the hill climb

Race 1 - V8SC's at Imola
    Content can be gotten here... (don't forget to get v2.0 patch) http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/downloads.html

Race Will be Monday 18th December
    Will have 2x 12lap races, second race will go reverse grid.
    Should roughly be 17min a race

Race 2 - Tatuus FA01 at Red Bull Ring GP
    Content is Kunos (Track is one of the DLC's)

Race Will be Monday 8th January
    Will have 2x 20min races (plus 1 extra), second race will go reverse grid.
    I'll make sure reverse grid works and also that random's can't join once we are racing as I'll still have it open to Public (MR-AB only)

Race 3 - Mazda MX5 Cup at Laguna Seca
    Content is Kunos (Track is one of the DLC's)

Race Will be Monday 15th January
    Will have One 50min race (plus 1 extra) Enduro! Forced one pit requirement (tires and fuel).
    The MX5 at Laguna Seca has been really popular since Laguna Seca got released so why not make it a Fun Run! I'm testing ping restrictions to keep it so only sub-250ms ping ppl can race and lock joins after start so that random's can't join once we are racing as I'll still have it open to Public (MR-AB only)

Race 4 - DTM's at Nordschleif
    Content is Kunos.
    Race Will be Monday 22nd January
    Will have 2x 3lap races, second race will go top 8 reverse grid.
    Should roughly be 25min a race

Race 5 - Lotus Evora GX at Silverstone GP
    Content is Kunos.
    Race Will be Monday 29nd January
    Will have 2x 12lap races, second race will go reverse grid.
    Should roughly be 25min a race

Race 6 - GT3 at Bathurst
    Cars content is Kunos, track can be downloaded here http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst.8677/
    Race Will be Monday 5th February
    Will have 90minute enduro, forced pit (tires and/or fuel)

Races will be popped into a stracker championship, located here: http://marty.simracer.me:50041//championship

Seasoned racers will know the drill, but for those new to our fine forum, please read the Code of Conduct and Racers Guide, both good reads and worth a second look if it's been a while.
    The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEDT and to start qualifying at 9pm. There will be 10-15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, usually around 45 minutes.

Hill Climb 1 - Krajiska Zmija - All week running
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/krajiska-zmija-hillclimb.6064
    Cars and Classes:
    Clubman: Catherham Academy 2017
    Classic: Toyota Celica ST185 Rally Car
    Modern Road: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
    Race / Open: McLaren F1 GTR

Hillclimb leaderboard CLICK HERE.

More races info to follow...
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    vanzr, Bogor, krunch and 2 others like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Id be keen to join in some races during the long off season, we could just run a different combo each week and maybe give people a taste of a few cars they may then vote for in the next season proper.
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  3. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I am interested. Not fussed on what car or tracks as long as I get to race with a bunch of like minded drivers. I need more time with larger fields to learn off and have fun with. Public racing seems to be very hit and miss at the moment.
    Rolz likes this.
  4. Rolz

yeah finding a few pub servers with stupid 2 hour practice sessions, 10min qual and short laps races... makes no sense
  5. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

I'm only new here and I've only just downloaded AC but I'm keen.
    Cherno, Bogor and Rolz like this.
  6. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

What about a mini V8SC season. Albert park, eastern creek, barbs, sandown, symons plains finish at bathurst :devilish:
  7. Cherno

Either that or we could make use of some of the hillclimbs and do leaderboards with a few different classes and run them for a week then change track.
    Classes could be like
    Clubman: old mx5 and catheram club
    Classic: old 911 and ferraris
    Modern: GT3rs and 458 S1
    Race/Open: Zonda R and Old F1s
    That would be mad and could mean easy for people to do whenever. Leadearbords through ptracker. Points by class and overall. I like this idea alot
    Bogor likes this.
  8. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_
    Would be keen to get on this, bit of a noob with AC though.
    Cherno and Rolz like this.
  9. Rolz

Been chatting with Marty about getting one up... try for v8sc at imola to start... most ppl know imola so it's only really learning the car than both car and track... The next 2 Mondays after the 18th are Xmas and NYDay, then we have 4 weeks of racing to do before Feb when S14 will start up...
    So we have 2 weeks of working out a mixed lot in with stracker doing championship. :thumbsup:
    But we might load @Cherno up with ballast straight up for the v8sc as ur just too fast in them!! :roflmao:
    All going well we'll post a fresh post and send a link to here and S13 post so all the ppl see it.
    marty, Cherno and vanzr like this.
  10. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I really like Cherno's idea with the Hill climb. Being able to do it at anytime is a bit of a bonus as well.
    Cherno likes this.
  11. Rolz

hillclimb might be a good idea over the xmas nye break... just have to workout if we can set to a set time prac and then person with fastest time wins... (for stracker championship)
    Cherno likes this.
  12. Cherno

Could do each hillclimb for 1 week. Top 3 times on ptracker in each class at the end of the week get the podium. Could do a points table for each class with winners at the end or one off events. Start/Finish 10:00pm Sunday so can get stuck in over the weekends.
  13. Cherno

@Rolz v8sc at imola sounds mad, not sure about the ballst tho!
    And we could always just have the hillclumb running on one server along side the v8sc mini champ and stuff as a casual thing, would be good to have something to do when no one else is on. There are heaps of hillclimbs on RD.
  14. Rolz

Do you have a list of reasonable quality hill climbs that we could use? Haven't done much with them because I prefer the mp racing over time based challenges... :)
    Cherno likes this.
  15. Cherno

Yeah ill check for whats been updated and put up a list soon
  16. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  17. Cherno

18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We could always do both, a hillclimb option could be in one server and a other running a practice for the coming fun run series round plus a race night on a Monday night. The hillclimb wouldnt need to be run all at the same time on a Monday for example and I have no issues putting my servers up to run anything wanted for this league.

Currently it will be me and @Rolz with server access but if others like @Cherno also want to set some combos or server access its nit hard to give them access and basic info to be able to do all thats needed.

I wont be racing again until my new wheel comes but will be keen to join in whenever theres something on and will give full server access to anyone here that thinks they could help out.

My current server setup can comfortably run 3 AC servers with stracker and minorating on each.
    Bogor and Cherno like this.
  19. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Happy to use my server as well if needed.
    Running Stracker and MR.
    Cherno likes this.
  20. Cherno

Found a few tracks, main issue seems to be how many pit boxes, i made the minimum 8 so we can have 2 cars from each class.
    How about we start off in Bosnia?:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/krajiska-zmija-hillclimb.6064/
    10 pit boxes

Round One Cars and Classes:
    Clubman: Catherham Academy 2017
    Classic: Toyota Celica ST185 Rally Car
    Modern Road: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
    Race / Open: McLaren F1 GTR

What do you guys think of that for the first one? To many classes?

I tried to keep the mod cars to a minimum for the first one to make it bit easier to get into.

Tracks ideas to follow:
    The Tajo - Spain - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-tajo-hillclimb.13771/
    Mount Erice - Italy - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/monte-erice-sicily-italy.12777/
    Borgloh - Germany - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/borgloh.18393/
    The Transfag Highway - Romania - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/transfagarasan-dn7c-romania.12469/
    Glava-Zete - Montenegro - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/glava-zete.2223/ (only 6 boxes might replace)
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Bogor likes this.