ACC FunRun01 2020 - Monday/Wednesday

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I only do MP, and my RC has been 23 forever.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

if you are on the entry list this doesn't matter anyway... we're talking about public joining in. :)
    LuciuxNexx likes this.
  3. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

My thoughts...
    I joined a league so I didn't have to race against randoms ;)
    I'd rather race 10 drivers with good race craft than race 20 drivers where 10 of them can kill you at any moment (then leave).
    I don't think we really have a problem with numbers (just with Steve's memory :roflmao:).
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

i agree with everything krunch said, especially the memory bit.
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Randoms can be good to lure in new members if they're locals just looking for a race.
    krunch, LuciuxNexx and Rolz like this.
  6. Rolz

Agree @krunch, want to keep racing as amazing as it is now... but if we can get some pub drivers with decent skills to join in and have a good time for all, it enhances the experience...
    I am very keen to find that balance to suit all... the best time is right now whilst we are in fine run mode... :thumbsup:
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

very true @Rolz
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats where SA is probably best kept high, RC is still hard to know what number should be used as MP only racers likely have very low numbers. Singapore server with higher SA restriction has the one advantage of admins not having to spend too much time kicking people due to high pings. However it depends on how many actually join and if you use those you may want to try name it Australian server or global server.

Problem with the Singapore servers is often less Euros join then do the Aussie ones and you may simply raise all locals pings for only 1 or 2 extra euros. Dropping SA level is where its more likely to have bad racers join in as even at 80 for randoms its not necessarily great race craft when most regulars would all be SA90+.

How to attract more good locals to race with is the big challenge, most will probably be already in the forums and join if interested. The randoms joining will likely be from europe
    Rolz and krunch like this.
  9. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

I have a couple of workmates that sim race, they have AC & ACC so might be keen to join in
    Rolz, SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  10. baibro

baibro New Recruit

PSN ID
    baibro1
    Im down to race. so mon/wed nights?
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Godzilla like this.
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yep, currently between seasons so just doing fun runs on Mondays and Wednesday
    baibro likes this.
  12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

You are both right to a degree but it does seem to be pretty rare. More often than not we get randoms who are T1 torpedos or high-ping hammers. Then any good randoms in the race probably think the server is no good and never come back. o_O

As Marty suggests, the tried and true method is to screen drivers through our forums where they can read the rules and etiquette of the league and then get the password to join our servers. I've seen you @Rolz posting about ROOZ on Facebook and other forums which is brilliant, so I guess the rest of us could perhaps do more of that too and help spread the word :)

And this is one of the best ways ever! :thumbsup:
  13. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

What about reaching out to the aussie/kiwi ACC streamers Will Ford & Brandon Dove - they must have plenty of viewers who would be keen to league race. That Brandon guy would give our best a run for their money. Just a thought......
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Good idea mate! Thats boosted media and driving unleashed on youtube I think or something like that
  15. Rolz

Results from Last night

16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

What are we doing Monday night?
  17. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Would have to be Suzuka wouldn't it?
    Rolz likes this.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

I’m out for a while dudes I had to send my rim back to Fanatec for a fix :(
  19. Rolz

Yup Suzuka gents :thumbsup:
    that sucks mate, hope the turn around is quick... when my base died it was actually the crappy courier company they used that took longer that then replacement they sent me...
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

cheers mate - yeah I’m hoping it can happen fast! I have been struggling to get any seat time lately and desperate to get back on track!
    Rolz and nanlatt like this.