G25 Shifter Reverse Gear Fix

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Oct 3, 2015.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Admin Adrift Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Guys I recently fixed a faulty reverse gear in my ~6yo Logitech G25 shifter.
    It cost me 60c (for a new tactile switch from Alltronics) and an hour or two of time so well worth it! Works like a charm.

I couldn't find any useful info for troubleshooting/fixing this online so just jumped in and pulled it apart. For anyone else having issues, there is a PCB on the bottom of the shifter assembly that will be where you need to look. I took some pics so maybe it will help someone else out.
    [​IMG]
    I replaced the little tactile switch on the PCB (which gets pressed when you push down on the shifter). But that still wasn't enough.
    [​IMG]
    I guess while the switch was failing and I pushed it harder to get reverse, the pressure may have strained the PCB and fractured the connections. I couldn't see any breaks but current wasn't getting through. Pretty easy solution; bypass the PCB with new (oversized!) wire and some dodgey soldering :D
    [​IMG]
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Admin Adrift Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Parkour also did this fix some time ago. Unfortunately image links above are broken but I can re-upload them if you're interested.