AC [Completed] Between Seasons AC PS4 GT3 Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, May 31, 2017.

1. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    I don't see an issue with the default setups on any of the tracks we're racing on.

Of of curiosity, are you someone who prefers to set your car up and do you rarely run default setups?

I can understand those who are more proficient in it to not want to give away their enormous advantage. ;)

A well setup car can lap 1.5 seconds faster in the GT3's without breaking a sweat.

Seems to me that will make for wider gaps than if we went default and some cars suited tracks better than others.
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Nah I have no idea how to set the cars up. I understand that gaps will open if someone is really good at tuning but most people only go as far as a downloaded setup and a tweak to the downforce.

Issue could be Monza and having the car top out in the gears or running higher downforce than another car when it's not required.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    If this is no tune ill be out. A big part of racing is tuning, and if im driving a car i want to set it up to my liking.
    Knuckles likes this.
  4. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    On AC , the default setup is a different default for each track.
    So each car has it'd own default, that changes when at different trackd
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    all ill say is the last time we did tuning in a series it turned to :):):):).
    If you have enough that want tuning to fill the grid then go for it, if you dont though i would be carefull you dont lose half the field by round 4.....solid interest, and a full grid ATM though which is a positive sign
    Zachery likes this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    How did it turn to :):):):)???
    grassies likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lost 3/4 of the field and ended up merging the divs....
    Zachery likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    ahh thats right, that was the season where div 1 and 2 merged.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    and 3 / 4 as well from memory...
    Zachery likes this.
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Tuning will be permitted purely due to the fact that it can't be policed.

Additionally I will permit one car change. This should hopefully prevent a mass drop out due to feeling that they've not chosen a competitive car.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    if it cant be policed you dont have an option then.....Thats why we changed the tyre regs for PCARS this season to runinng a mix of hard and soft....
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Surely a gentleman's agreement would do?
    I don't have the time, or the inclination, or the know how to tune for 60 minute races so I for one will be racing stock settings. Probably won't be a long season for me if others are using downladed pro tunes
  13. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    I think we will have big gaps no matter what because everyone has different experience levels with AC. Any one who hasn't had much online experience I highly recommend jumping in some fuller rooms to get a feel for driving in traffic that's not computer controlled and how easy and servere accidents can be.
    arakasi- likes this.
  14. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    It sounds to me that in the past, and still in the present, people prefer a level playing field.

Why not just go a controlled series with one car? GT3 or otherwise.
  15. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    But who won the most races? How many seconds is a pint worth again? Lol
    incey likes this.
  16. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    I thought this was more of a test than a fully recognised series.
  17. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Think that's pretty much it. All the more reason to throw it all out the window and pilot Maserati 250F's :D
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

It is. That's why I haven't gone down the one make route. Every car in AC feels so different and the GT3 class with it's large array of cars ensures that everyone can pick a car that they enjoy racing.

This series is purely a proof of concept that A) there is enough interest in AC on PS4 to justify an official Sunday League series (Based on current numbers I believe it certainly has) and B) AC PS4 lobbies are at a stage where online racing can take place with minimal need for compromise.

Notice how I highlighted the word "compromise". The current lack of a fixed setup option is simply a compromise we all have to make just as PCars has done with regards to pitstops to ensure they can run default setups.
    Zachery, jc1186 and arakasi- like this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Tuned or not. Dont expect to be running at the front, do expect it will be loads of fun and something different to gt6.
    Jono runs f1 with tuning allowed, keep in mind the cars are run on equal terms and we split into divs by season 2. Grid positions and finishing positions are always pretty mixed due to anything can happen on race day.
  20. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    [QUOTE="COME_AND_GET_ME7, post: 145194, Every car in AC feels so different and the GT3 class with it's large array of cars ensures that everyone can pick a car that they enjoy racing..[/QUOTE]

Yep, totally.
    I'm faster in the Porsche and Lambo, but way more consistent in the Audi, which makes it more enjoyable for me.