AC [Completed] Between Seasons AC PS4 GT3 Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, May 31, 2017.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Will get a practice room up in 10. Room name will be RaceonOZ Monza. Password: ROOZ
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Just some observations on pitstops:

Changing tyres will cost you 20s.
    Refuling is at a rate of 5l per second.
    Tyres and fuel can happen simultaneously therefore you can add up to 100l if you chose to change tyres pefore it extends your pitstop.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Its interesting that some cars have different size tanks. unless you are going to do a stop...then it doesn't really matter
  4. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Hey Guys long time no see. Im keen on getting back into racing with you guys i hadnt had a wheel on ps4 up till now. pretty interested in this series before project cars season 8 need to get some proper race trim back.
    JonoStan96 and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  5. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    I take it there's no faster way to do pit stops other the usual - hit your marks and manually make desired changes as quickly as possible?

Fyi looking like a 34ish lap race.
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Should be able to get on this evening for a bit if practice if anyone is about.
  7. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    when does this start and is this on the ps4
  8. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    "PS4" is in the thread title, and the first line of the OP has this Sunday (11th) as Rnd 1. ;)

*edit. Is this a CPS (compulsory pit stop) race?
    And what are the server settings (track surface and track temps)?
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  9. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Had my first drive on this last night and wow this is brilliant. Cars are so alive and you can really feel the unevenness of the road. Had a little race in the abath thingy and that was awesome sliding the corners. Was only running version 1 though and a few sound bugs I found.

I'll confirm car after a bit of practice as I was slow as in everything I tried but likely drive the Z4
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    If it isn't too late, don't mind joining in on Sunday. I'll go with the Ferrari (any livery).
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Switching from GTR to McLaren.
    Don't really want to put in the practice and the Macca is faster out of the box for me.
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  12. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Will jump on Assetto for an hour or two if anyone else happens to have the afternoon off from here

JC-1186
  13. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    how many can you have on the track at once
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

15. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Just throwing it out there, I've done a very little bit of testing at silverstone but what I found was, the Lamborghini bone stock and driven not particularly well after only about 3 laps was at least 3 secs quicker than a Mclaren with some tuning done and driven much better due to many more laps being done in it, so hopefully it would seem it may be a case of certain tracks suiting different cars, or it could be like when we did the same thing when testing pcars where only 2 of the half dozen or so gt3 cars we used were really in with a chance of running at the front. The Mclaren did seem nicer to drive to me though.
    Cheers
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i'm finding it extremely difficult to be in the same ballpark as the hurracan with the mclaren at monza even taking into account the revised beer formula. I initially thought there was no need for BOP with the AC GT3's but I'm starting to think otherwise.
  17. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    ^^ Was I too fast racing you guys in the Huracan yesterday?

Haha no seriously I did try every car out around Monza and there was next to nothing in it. When you look up lap times and tunes for GT3 cars I think you'll find they all record similar lap times. I know my times in the 488, GT3 R, and even 650S, when compared to the Huracan, were consistently separated by next to nothing.

As for the 3 seconds around Silverstone. Um in what universe? :eek:

Haven't even tested other cars around Silverstone but from the countless Assetto GT3 cars threads around the place, it's pretty clear to see the Huracan isn't better than the rest and each car has its strengths and weaknesses. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge around, and if one GT3 car was even 0.50 faster than the rest, don't you think we'd know about it? There would be Youtube videos, threads about it, call for it to be gimped, etc.

Perhaps work on the nut behind the wheel first. ;)
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Are you calling me a liar, I did 3 laps in a stock Lamborghini and ran wide in a few corners and did about 33 in the Mclaren while tuning it, and was doing good tidy laps but pushing as much as possible, and there was 3 seconds difference. This is what I found, I was simply stating my own observations, and I reckon I've been doing this :):):):) long enough to know what I'm talking about. Also in future I suggest you keep your smart arse comments about others people's ability to yourself or you could really piss somebody off.
  19. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Wow settle down mate. I am not calling you a liar. But equally I'm not convinced you're correct, and think that there's about a 99.99% chance you're off here. I'm just being logical. If a car was 1 second faster the sim world would know about it. Multiple results would come up right now if I googled "Assetto Corsa best GT3 car". Think about it. No emotion, just logic.

As for "smart arse" comments, it was tongue in cheek. You know, "first fix the nut behind the wheel before fixing any other nuts". Racing 101. You've probably had a few beers in you though so I'll tell you what, forget about it. ;)

Anyway maybe next time think about WHY most of the AC sim community notices bugger all difference between GT3's.. yet you've noticed a 3 second difference. Perhaps it wasn't as controlled as you thought for whatever reason. People make mistakes. Oh wait is that ok that I implied you could have missed something in this experiment of yours? Or am I pissing you off suggesting you're not perfect? Haha again, I'm kidding.

This is apparently one of the "go to" places to see lap times. http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRL...controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yep you are way too fast at monza, i can't even imagine where i can find 3 seconds let alone .5. thats ok though coz i don't think i've done many laps without the esky on the passenger seat (if you know what i mean). I am surprised though that you've found all the gt3's produce similar times stock