AC [Completed] Between Seasons AC PS4 GT3 Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, May 31, 2017.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  2. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    I'll try a few of the faster ones again next time I'm on but I actually wrote down the times for each car on my notepad and the 4 cars I mentioned were within 0.34 of each other. All cars on default with soft tyres. I actually remember feeling like I "nailed" the Huracan lap the most.

Anyway I don't want to have an advantage so if anyone else finds the same thing then I'll jump across to another car. A bit of a pain in the arse because I do like the feeling of the Huracan and I have practiced in it a bit now ready for the race, but yeah totally not the kind of person to want an advantage and that's why I always love racing in the same car, with no setups.. as I think I may have said to you the other night haha. Hey I am the very first raceonoz champ (I think - man time flies!) so I've got some ability. :rolleyes:
    grassies likes this.
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Thanks for your very patronising input.
  4. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Yeah dunno it must be mad setup skills too surely. And yeah would say it is the PC version, but it's my understanding when the new tyre model (don't quote me) came out a fair few months ago, the times were reset. So they're apparently the times you can also get on the console.

I also found an interesting quote from years ago which I'll quickly grab.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Aristotelis
    Kunos Simulazioni:

It is intended. We designed it in a way that the less assists you use the more the system forces you to drive realistically and the more realistically you drive, the faster the system let you go.

So:
    • automatic gearbox + autoblip + auto cut + auto clutch -> easiest -> slower
    • manual gearbox + paddles + autoclutch + autoblip - no autocut -> less easy -> a bit faster
    • manual gearbox + paddles - no autoclutch - no autoblip -> hard -> fast
    • manual H shifter -> manual clutch -> harder -> faster
    --------------------------------------------------------
    So will have to look into it for the GT3 cars, but perhaps there's time to find here??
  5. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    It's not about changing cars, as I said in my first post different tracks mays suit different cars, it's only a trial series. This was one test at one track, I wasn't trying to exclude anyone's choice of car, just making an observation.
  6. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Yeah totally get that. The only reason I've looked past that is because we've already got the world's fastest "aliens" doing time attacks so we shouldn't have to test the cars again. We already have, pretty much, all the comparable data we could need to know there isn't that much in it. The best drivers in sync with and maximising their machinery. The one car that stood out to me as being slower (both on paper and feeling) was the Audi R8.
  7. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Is there anywhere that tells you fuel usage per lap? Did a bunch tonight but couldn't see anything.

And I will run the white BMW. Easy enough to get used to.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Could everyone please confirm their availability for this Sunday's race as well as their car of choice.

Fuel and tyres will be set to 100% due to a bug that will get fixed in the next update. Track temp will be set to 22 and track will be set to fast.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Yep gtr
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yep. McLaren
  11. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i tried AC last and i like it
    would like to join you guys now i have downloaded the on line up grade
    but will not be able to do every round
    by the way how do you set up your wheel rotation i have a g29
    and the car would be the GTR and not sure what livery
  12. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    Ha COME_AND_GET_ME7 how do you set the wheel rotation or do you leave it as default
    and how do get into a on line room
    do not know much about AC
  13. mikeruntbike

mikeruntbike Rookie

PSN ID
    mikeruntbike
    I'll be there. McLaren
  14. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Sorry but a big maybe is the best I can give you at the moment, if I'm there I'll drive the Mclaren, if the grid is full or I'm not there leave me out. Also if fuel and tyres are at 100, is a pit stop still compulsory/ necessary, and how do the pit stops work in this game, is it just drive into the pits and select what you need then or is there a pit setup thing that I haven't found yet.
    Cheers
  15. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  16. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    how do you set the wheel rotation or do you leave it as default
    and how do get into a on line room
    do not know much about AC
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I've left it default. Best thing would be to jump on one night and I can run you through the process over chat.
  18. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks mate
  19. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Is a pit stop composlury for the race?
  20. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Re. pit stops.

All I know is in the real world pit stops always spice things up and it's interesting having people with different strategies pop out on cold tyres in middle of a battle. Adds another element of surprise and you usually have to nail the hot laps on your own around the pit stops.

That said you can definitely run hards, and maybe mediums too, without having to pit. And that would mean hard racing on track and could still be very interesting.

I did ask the question a day or two ago, but yeah it's something we really need to know so we can choose our tyres. :)

*Edit. I'm in Cagme. Huracan in white livery. If I change cars I'll know later tonight and update the thread.

Oh and btw just in case some of you have forgotten, remember you can change cars once.