PCARS-2 Gear/Revs/Speed issue

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JJ_Penguin, Feb 10, 2020.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi Roozers,

I am having an issue in Project Cars 2 that causes an incorrect sync between the revs, speed & gears almost like an incorrect gear ratio has been setup, which it can't do seeing as we run default setups. Simply I end up selecting a higher gear than I would normally, it's driveable but a lot slower. Its hard to tell if the FFB is working correctly as well.

It seems to start when its the second qualifying or race for a lobby, last night it occurred even though a new lobby was setup. I have to exit the lobby then re-enter and that doesn't always fix the issue.

I'm not sure if its an connection issue with my wheel (Logitech G29) or an internet issue connecting with the lobby.

Has anyone had a similar issue and how have they fixed it?
  2. autech91

autech91 Professional

Hey JJ

Thats a weird one, not one I have ever heard of on PC2 (or even PC1).

Personally I'd be doing a complete reload of PC2's game data, you should be ok to keep the user data. My understanding with the G29 is the host device it is plugged into (PS4) carries all the drivers etc, so at a guess that's the PC2 application, so reloading that may fix the bug.

Highly unlikely to be a network issue as the FFB is between your wheel and the PS4.

Give that a shot and let us know how you get on.
  3. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Cheers Autech. I'll have a crack at that
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Michelle had issues last night also..throttle going up and down and the game sending an error code and then the wheel disconnecting..after a reinstall she hasn’t had any issues today but only tried single player modes