General Music Thread - *possible LANGUAGE warning*

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Crunch, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    "Opening line MOD edit: videos linked by members may require langauge/content warning FYI"

Hi guys!

I was sitting at my PC (as we all do) listening to music and an absolutely killer beat came on. I got so overwhelmed and just started jamming in excitement. Reason being because I got tickets to see Queen + Adam Lambert on September the 1st. At that moment, I needed someone to jam with and feel my enthusiasm, but it's 1am and my household was asleep. So I browsed the list of threads here in the general lounge and there seemed to be a clear lack of a forum staple: a music thread!

So to get any discussion started, I just thought I'd ask if anyone else was going to see Brian May and Roger Taylor like me. And regardless of your answer to that, what music acts have you seen live? Or would have liked to see live? What jams are you getting fully psyched over currently?

For me, I'm only 19 years of age, so all music acts I've seen in concert as of now are Cold Chisel, Hunters & Collectors and Ball Park Music.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ahhhh the good old days when I was young and "music" made sense !!! Seems so much of the stuff we hear these days is made for the 5 minute market, doesn't have a lot of soul or something.

Growing up I liked heaps if different stuff. Inxs, U2, the cult, crowded house, Richard Clapton, screaming jets, gangajang and a few others my old mind can't remember till I hear it on the radio and think back to old times !

These days with young kids it seems every second song they put on in the car it's either bieber or some puncy boy band I want to punch in the throat !!
    How times have changed, or maybe they haven't ! lol
    Ad2mny and SuiCid3 like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Contrary to most of my generation, my music taste is very similar to what a 70's kid would love. I love 70's and 80's rock, as tragic as it may be. Modern music is absolutely schiße and has zero soul. I was gutted to miss out on Queen tickets but oh well.

Phil Collins is by a mile my favourite artist, along with his work with Genesis.
    I'm also interested in video game music, while I must say that GT6 does have some good tracks in it, most of the menu music sucks. I love music composed by KoJi Kondo, the legendary Nintendo composer, along with the music created by Rareware's composers.
    seth123 likes this.
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Haha! Already the 'modern music bashing' has begun. It's not all bad. You gotta look for the good stuff.

I would love to see an INXS concert. They just have the most awesome and memorable songs of any band I can think of! They're definitely in the echelons of Queen when it comes to great anthems.

I'm glad I live in this generation, because only in these times am I able to do what you couldn't do previously: collect music. I mean sure, you could burn hundreds of dollars on physical copies, but not many people did. The only way to hear stuff you didn't buy was borrowing CDs or listening to the radio. Either way, you had to find it first. I have 470 original songs collected so far, and I'm not even half done - I swear. After picking up on a few albums that I knew I wanted uncompressed WAV formats for, I went out and spent $20 each on them. Now I have about 8 CDs of just albums that I knew were good, because I had them in MP3 format already. I have over 33 hours of music at my fingertips! Taking up 14GB of harddrive space. It's brilliant. Any genre you can think of, and I only collect the music I recognise.

I gotta thank GTA for giving me the sweet beats as well. The only downside of a GTA exposed song is that now every time I proclaim aloud that I love 'Radio Ga Ga', I get jumped upon as a GTA player. That may be true, but I knew of 'Radio Ga Ga' for years before GTA V was announced. I think that's what I'm looking forward to most at the Queen concert; raising two hands in the air for two signature claps as part of the first chorus, just like the music video.

Why would 'Don't Stop Me Now' not be on the setlist?!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some of my live stuff i saw was Screaming jets, Gangajang, Chris Issac and a few others my mind has let slip through....
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Radio GaGa is definitely my favourite Queen song.
    Crunch likes this.
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Fat Bottomed Girls. That is all.
    Crunch likes this.
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    C'mon, didn't you guys ever bang your heads on the dashboard to Bohemian Rhapsody?
    Ad2mny, SuiCid3 and t_b_williams like this.
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I always think of the movie "Wayne's World" when I hear it...lol
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  13. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  14. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Now we're rolling! All good music threads devolve into youtube links!

Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    My favourite version of 'In the Air tonight'

18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We have a winner folks !
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    My favourite song of all time:
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Mama!!! Mama??? MAMA!!!! Mama?? Cracks me up every time. And I can't think of Phil Collins without thinking about South Park and "Deep inside of me", oh man, so deep you'll be against my heart.