IRACING Getting an iRacing 2 League Started? - Ideas discussion

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by racerman13, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

If we do the Riley let me know in advance as i need to buy it....is there any talk on changing the race meet time/day for S2?
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea for sure, I'd be up for a Wednesday meet.
  3. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Yeh id be cool with that.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I wouldn't mind doing some one-off hosted events in the near future for something different: like street stocks or legends on road.... caddies on oval.... some Riley DP racing (since the public races are limited to 3 or 4 sessions sat / sun I never had a chance to do one)... or just some hosted MX-5 open tuning races.

But we RoOZ iRacers seem to be a bit thin on the ground these days..... would wanna get a field of 8 - 10 minimum... any interest?
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Sounds good Koastr, sure i can get a few of the v8 racers to join in, we don't spend much time in other cars, need all week to get the car right. So to be able to race something different and not worry about SR and IR would be a good opportunity for most to try something different. Put a schedule up and see what response you get, Madison and TTR guys might be interested ? I'll ask a few of the guys I regularly race with (my slower pace) and see how we go. Big field hosted races are lot of fun, did the week 13 Super Chaos race end of last season.
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I really need to do some more with my iRacing, so this sounds perfect. I've been using GT5 with no ABS, no TC and cockpit view to make it as close to iRacing as possible. Hope i'm not always down the bottom of the field though. The Riley gets my vote straight away. :)
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hey miki hows the old iracing going anyway. Managed to crack a few wins yet? Beau, koatsr and the rest of the gang are a tough act to follow. My iracing name is Paul Knapton if ya every want to check out my ever so average stats. My subscriptiuon is expired atm tho.
  8. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

It's a lonely game for me ATM. I avoid going into practice sessions cause I hate getting in people way and not liking the realization i'm just average. No wins, but that is purely from not entering any races (all my fault). I know I could get some id I applied myself. Are you intending on renewing you subscription? I spent quite a few races behind you waiting for a stuff up so I could sneak past. You are kinda what my benchmark could have been, if I quit my job and practiced. :lol:
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=NOriRMFpwsc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Great New system for setting up race leagues in IRacing.
  10. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

There is also a new deal. Renew for 2 years for $99. (A week after I spend $179 renewing my account). :mad:
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I can't believe it has taken them so long to integrate a league system into iracing. It's a much needed thing that will draw alot of players I think. Good move.
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

It's been available for only a day and a half and there is already nearly 2 pages of leagues to choose from. None called ROOZ yet. Hint hint.
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

we don't have enough member at the moment to run our own leagues but there are plenty leagues running that we can run in together. Neishy and I are participating in a series that runs a Cadi and V8 supercar race once a month or so, you have to run in the Cadi on the Tuesday and then the V8 on the same track on the Wednesday.
    http://www.omr.com.au/forum/yaf_topics98_2013-OMR-V8-Supercars--Cadillac-Series.aspx

They also run other series that I'm keen to give a try like this Indy car series http://www.omr.com.au/forum/yaf_topics97_2013-OMR-IZOD-Indy-Car-Series.aspx and they have an enduro race that looks good too.
    I'll put some details up in the OMR thread i have going here for hosted sessions for this league, i think the v8 supercar/Cadi series is nearly full but their other series need some more drivers.
  14. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    Car: Ford Falcon V8 Supercar,
    Tracks: Oran Park, Philip Island, Bathurst (when they release it), Daytona, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Silverstone, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock Park
    (Given that I haven't even got the gear or an iRacing account yet)
  15. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

hey fellow iRacers, i've been messing about in the Legends car at various tracks and toying with the idea of a road race series (with iRacing Credit prizes) using smaller tracks for a Fri\Sat\Sun time slot, as i can't do weekdays. i'm just trying to gauge interest, or is this something being done elsewhere?
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'd be interested in that for sure.
  17. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

There was a quick chat after the race on Tuesday night asking what we might do next season. The Legends were mentioned.
  18. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

but is that for future Tuesday nights? i'm aiming for end of the week. a bear needs his sleep during the working week..
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Mate I'd be 100% keen. I love the legends on road tracks.

I don't think we're committed to keeping regular racing on a Tuesday, that's just what worked out best for all involved in the Clubman series. (FIFO schedules and different timezones etc)

A weekend timeslot will usually work for me. Weeknights I have alot of commitments, and even if I bail on them being in WA it can still be stretch to get home in time. With the Clubman cup just once a month it's been fine, but if you're looking at a more regular series I should be able to attend most weekends.
  20. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

i'll make the Legends idea a new topic under the iRacing League page, if it's ok to? just to give it more profile.