IRACING Getting an iRacing 2 League Started? - Ideas discussion

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by racerman13, Aug 26, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No probs. Forgot to mention that April will be a pretty busy month weekend wise for me but after that should be sweet....
  2. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

that's fine man. wont be starting it till sometime next month anyway.
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :D I've just joined,had 3 races at Charlotte in the late model you get standard,and am hooked! I'll happily load up with whatever content required,so count me in,even if ppl want to race amongst ourselves for fun and to improve our safety rating. I don't know about anyone else,but i'd love to be the next "Worlds Fastest Alien", like Gregor Huttu!!!!! :cool:
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Great to see you're enjoying iRacing. Mate come have a run in the Clubman Cup on tuesday night if you want.
  5. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Be there with bells on! LOL What car is it? :cool:
  6. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :8 sorry i missed last tuesday night,pc was playing up(turned out to be Virus),but all good now,AVG & Bitdefender missed it,but Bullguard got it and fixed some registry problems that were causing occasional reboots for no reason. Optimizer Pro didn't find them so i'd give all of them a miss except the Bullguard,which by the way has a 3 month FULL version FREE trial,and is a full antivirus/malware/registry/systems diagnosis and tune up,with cloud data back up if you want for a few bucks more,it's otherwise $39.95,which is pretty cheap considering i paid $29.95 just for Optimiser Pro registry cleaner/pc tuneup on it's own,and Bullguard beat it! see ya's this tuesday but can you post instructions how to find you guys,i'm struggling a bit with i-racing site navigation a bit. cheers :D
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Here's a link to the RaceOnOZ iRacing League page.

The tuesday night Clubman Cup is wrapped up now.
    A few guys are racing the Legends tonight at 6.30 AEST if you want in on that. You'll be able to access it from the calender at the league link above. ;)
  8. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    So without the Clubman cup to look forward on my breaks, might have to start working on a new series. Maybe even just a series of "One Off" events. Endurance series maybe?. Anyone got any ideas they might like putting out there?
  9. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    enduro's would be better for when driver swaps are implemented.
    How about an oval series?
  10. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'm not into Oval racing to be honest. I don't mind the occasional race, but I'm not interested in running an Oval series.
    Maybe a one off!
  11. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    you forgot mee KoAStR
  12. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

mad keen on a mini-enduro Beau. but i'm limited to the weekend as usual...
  13. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Mini enduro sounds good,maybe just casual week to week? :)
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I'd be keen for that. Be good to have some racing where pits stops are required.
    Longer race format would have to be on a weekend for me too. Perhaps rather than casual week to week we could do it like the clubman cup, once a month or something to time in with peoples rosters.
  15. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    1.5hr races or 2.5hr races? 2.5 as in the 2.4Hr Daytona race (damn people trying to pass off 2.4 and 2 and a half hours, lol)
    I think it would work well
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    maybe not lengthy enduros. Perhaps we just screw with the race setup settings to make pit stops compulsory. I know there is an option to limit the maximum allowable fuel to start with.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    60 minutes would be alright though eh? There'd be at least one pit stop in a race that length.
  18. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

a work around for driver swaps may be to have two cars pair up with same set-ups, then have one car of each pair start and wait in the pits until their teammate pits for the swap. then the second car drives out and continues as if a driver swap had happened. not sure how to force a pits start though?
    well i hope it's at least an hour for the enduros. gotta take a little pain for authenticity ]:D
  19. JamieFookes88

PSN ID
    I've done heaps of 1 hour races. They aren't all that bad. IMO 1.5 hrs is the minimum for a proper enduro