GT6 Gran Turismo 6 Officially revealed!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by midron18, May 16, 2013.

1. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
  2. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Let the rumors and speculation finally end. Sony has officially confirmed Gran Turismo 6. The announcement was made (and then shared with us) at the Gran Turismo 15th anniversary celebration event held at the UK's Silverstone Circuit. As expected, Gran Turismo 6 will be coming to the PlayStation 3 during this year's holiday season. And with that dies the hopes of seeing the newest entry on the PS4 or Vita, as certain rumors had suggested.
    "I'd like to announce today that we are developing GT 6 for the holiday season this year on the PlayStation 3," said Polphony Digital President and creator of Gran Turismo Kazunori Yamauchi.
    Based on what is currently being shared with us in real-time and a press release leaked earlier today, it seems Gran Turismo 6 will offer players more choice. GT6 will have 200 more cars than GT5 with 1200 available at release. More will be made available after launch as well. Gran Turismo 6 is also said to have a "revamped Pysics Engine, new suspension, tyre, and aerodynamics modelling."
    Here's Sony's official description:
    GT6 for PlayStation 3 will bring new levels of authenticity to the Real Driving Simulator as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface. A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content. Meanwhile, the game is also set for expanded connectivity with other devices such as smart phones and tablets and increased social and community functions.
  3. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Sounds more like GT5 2.0.
  4. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Hahaha hopefully it's a big step up
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1, although a promising v2.0...
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i dont think they need to tinker with the OFFLINE too much TBH. Was good enough to keep me occupied before i found the online aspect....even if the AI drives like a bowl of milk left in the sun for a week.

Online is a completely different kettle of fish. they need to come up with a way to make a grid of 20 odd cars stable and consistent. Is the biggest frustration for most of us, especially with ever growing lure of Iracing.

If GT6 could give a lag and glitch free online experience like iracing appears to, it would absolutely nail the race market i reckon, especially if you add in a livery editor which i think is a must.
  7. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Very true.
  8. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Will it still be 16 player online or more?
  9. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Not entirely sure yet, there is a trailer out though
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TBH, i cant see them changing much of the online for PS3.

I think i read somewhere that the online aspect for PS4 will be different and they will have dedicated servers to work the new hardware better.......but i get the feeling we will be waiting till late 2014/15 till we see the new PS4...
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    and: ''Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.''

Sounds like what it sounds like, guys better get ready making a custom Rooz skin hehe.
  12. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  13. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I'm getting a little excited about GT6... and PCARS coming out end of the year...time to get back into some real racing, long time overdue...
  14. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Don't think you will see PCARS at the end of this year, GT6 late Nov early Dec sounds good (but we are talking about PD)
  15. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    PS4 is getting released summer
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Ah yes, you are right. The last time I checked I saw 2013 PCARS release date... oh well. Will be looking forward to them both!
  17. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    will be good to see you back in the league seido :)
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks Carn, would be good to come back for a season. It's been a while.
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Maybe i should make a come back.
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Altho on PS3, it's still good to hear. I am a tad over GT5 (not totally but almost) as u could probably have worked out from my lack of show in the past couple of months.

Will be cool to see the demo in 3 months and see how it goes.