GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Well, unless your monitor is outputting at 4K, the videos on Youtube will be at 720p or 1080p right? Downscaled from 4K?
    I get confused on that stuff...
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    sounds about right. but i also have no idea on how that works.
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

What I got from that is the AI is still flaky. But it also has VR so I may have to get both.

On a related note, I cancelled the pre-odder which had the car and got into a convo with the girl behind the counter. She plays GT and PCARS so maybe a new recruit
    stucar17, Hatfield and Beau_Albert like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Haha 4 months later and no posts, and no news from PD. Amazing such a GT diehard like myself has lost all faith, but it has come. This game will flop unless the Japanese get their acts together.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Yup, not even a tentative release date in sight. Very poor form if you ask me. Personally Im liking the look of Project Cars 2 better, they seem to be putting a lot of effort in to making it the best sim possible. If they can deliver on quality GT might end up being irrelevant.
    stucar17 and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i read through the Q&A from Ian Bell and the american non GTPlanet, and 20 pages of what they are trying to get sorted sounds EPIC. From what i could gather, they are really trying to target the league racers and have learnt lots from PCARS 1.

I read in there they are even working on driver swaps...that could provide some awesome opportunities for formats of leagues. They are reconstructing the penalty system, fixing the complicated pit stop process and should have nailed the magnetic effect with contact....Have to say it looks pretty positive....only thing is, no livery editor like GT has promised.
    Crunch likes this.
  7. its-benny-racer

And they seem to have brought in some guys that have plenty of experience driving real cars fast which will hopefully result in some natural feeling physics.

Plus the car and track lists are making GTS look a bit sparse. We dont want to be running the same tracks every season.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i read in there that they have 8 pro drivers employed trying to get the physics right.....would be a tough gig mixing on console and PC. They are giving it a red hot crack though
  9. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Including Mitchel deJong, who has won just about everything he has entered in iracing, has come over to help with the handling of the cars compared to iracing.
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. its-benny-racer

It would have been much harder on the PS3, the PS4 platform is much more similar to a PC so I wouldn't expect it to be that difficult to replicate between them.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I dont know enough about how it all works, have heard the PS4 is easier to program for....would be good if they had dedicated servers for these community games.
  12. its-benny-racer

The PS3 was a totally unique system, had almost nothing in common with any other platform. The PS4 is basically a laptop with a mid range GPU by PC standards.
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Be very, very cautious before crossing the platform and stepping onto the PC2 Hype Train... no one knows for sure where it's final destination will be. In just a single release they have built a reputation for broken promises so prepare for the worst so you can only be impressed.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Well aren't you just a little ball of optimism ;):laugh:
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    They can code dynamic AI and weather effects around the full Nurburgring Nordschelife 24hr circuit with no drama, yet Daytona Oval proves too much of a challenge? My faith is justified
    GT6 made me run away from the PS3
    PCARS made me run away from Playstation full stop :laugh: Nah seriously, i hope it is good because that benefits the masses, but be careful about your expectations is all.
  16. its-benny-racer

I don't really have any expectations, dont have any of GTS either. All I can see is what they appear to be focused on, and from that perspective PC2 appears more likely to produce.
    As individuals and as teams, we all tend to end up going in the direction we focus on. Everything we've seen so far indicates PD are focused on graphics and photo scenes, where as SMS are bringing in pro drivers to work on perfecting the driving and racing... I know which one of those matters to me.
    jasondull1986, Peter Wise and emmo46 like this.
  17. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Yeah, It's really nice when you can point to what really matters to you in a sim, because no sim gets everything right.

I'm keen for GT Sport because I do enjoy looking at cars more than driving them sometimes, and I also enjoy the psychological aspects of sporting competition over peak simulation of driving. That's why Gran Turismo ticks my boxes.

Everyone's preferred sim is indicative of their values, not necessarily their progression on the scale from 'casual' to 'enthusiast'. The PC sims just don't interest me because I value the functionality of a game like GT. I've done half a decade sim racing on consoles. I won't stop anytime soon.
  18. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Your sig is bigger than my future...:confused:.
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    GT Sport was at GDC 2017 and the PS4 Pro apparently makes a vast difference to the experience. It's impressed a lot of the people who played it in both the way it feels and looks. I'm still pretty confident that it will be a top drawer release...when it finally is finished!
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well it's... Something?
    You'll love this @emmo46
    Hatfield likes this.